What Scares the Piss Out of You?

B_HappyHammer1977

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I know a lot of the things that people have listed here are things that they would want, but are they really things that 'scare the piss out of them'?? I mean are they all the kind of things that will keep them awake at night?

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
I know a lot of the things that people have listed here are things that they would want, but are they really things that 'scare the piss out of them'?? I mean are they all the kind of things that will keep them awake at night?

I can usually deal with spiders, but it's purely from adrenaline/instincts. If not, I probably would piss myself. :tongue:

I often can't recall how I captured/killed a spider afterwards, and often have to sit shaking uncontrollably and shouting everything for the next few minutes, discharge from the resulting adrenaline rush I imagine.

crescendo69

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Good point; I suppose most of my fears don't keep me up in dread. Just some really frighten me for the moment, like the dogs.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

You're making a distinction between fears and phobias. My fear of serial killers, rapists, the thought of being tortured or watching torture aren't things that keep me awake at night because I don't constantly think about them, although it disturbs me when I do. Phobias interfere with a person's daily life and sometimes their relationships.

B_Cocktale

Just Browsing
Media
Personally:

1. a protracted final illness
2. the loss of the one person in this world I love most
3. that some bastard won't give me a proper send off and a proper marker when I buy the farm

Globally:

1. a continuing lean further to the extreme right politically
2. intolerance of others unlike ourselves
3. maniacs at the helm

lgej said:

Yes. I forgot that one. I've nearly drowned twice. The second time I was brought back. And I recall when I was struggling to stay afloat it was horror itself - only once I realized I was "done for" and gave into the drowning did I get pulled from the water.

To be quite honest once I gave into the fact that I believed I was dying it wasn't too bad. Hmmm. Odd that.

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Loss of self-control.

Loss of the ability to express myself.

Loss of the ability to think for myself.

...and the usual: snakes, spiders, heights, enclosed spaces, the dark, and (after The Mummy) the ever-present fear of being eaten alive while enclosed in a coffin.

NCbear (who's not entirely facetious here at the end of this post)