What should a newbie know before their first time in an Adult Store Arcade?

Justlookin22

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I originally posted this in ask a man, but didn't quite get the sort of response I was hoping for. Hope to get some more knowledgeable folk here.

Yesterday I found myself in an adult store with one of those arcades in back, basically a dark hallway with a series of doors. I saw men coming in and out of them, and found myself very intrigued by it all. So I poked my head back there and immediately got intimidated. There were like 14 or more doors, some labeled "gloryhole" some labeled "buddies" and probably more, I honestly sort of panicked. So I popped into one of the private booths, threw some cash in the video display and took care of myself. When i left there was a guy standing in the hallway waiting for... who even knows?

I guess my question is this. If I return to experiment with a gloryhole, what should i know, what should I expect? Do the gloryhole rooms have a side I should go into to give and one to receive? Are condoms SOP, or is it more "risky". Is it weird to buy lube or condoms in the shop and then bring them into the arcade?

Thanks in advance for your answers, and I'll reply with more questions if I have them.

iambravo

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I originally posted this in ask a man, but didn't quite get the sort of response I was hoping for. Hope to get some more knowledgeable folk here.

Yesterday I found myself in an adult store with one of those arcades in back, basically a dark hallway with a series of doors. I saw men coming in and out of them, and found myself very intrigued by it all. So I poked my head back there and immediately got intimidated. There were like 14 or more doors, some labeled "gloryhole" some labeled "buddies" and probably more, I honestly sort of panicked. So I popped into one of the private booths, threw some cash in the video display and took care of myself. When i left there was a guy standing in the hallway waiting for... who even knows?

I guess my question is this. If I return to experiment with a gloryhole, what should i know, what should I expect? Do the gloryhole rooms have a side I should go into to give and one to receive? Are condoms SOP, or is it more "risky". Is it weird to buy lube or condoms in the shop and then bring them into the arcade?

Thanks in advance for your answers, and I'll reply with more questions if I have them.
Just goottaa go

cedarizzo

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

I worked in an adult bookstore for many years.

Where I live, we've had 4 ABS (adult bookstores). Each one had an arcade (booth area). There were gloryhole booths, buddy booths, private booths and even booths that had connecting doors between them.

The private booths were just that private. I often saw them used by 2 (or more) guys wanting a little privacy, but usually they were used by guys who just wanted to be left alone and do their business in private.

The gloryhole booths, a majority of them just have a gloryhole on one side. I have seen a few that had gloryholes on both sides, but those seem to be rare. There is no side that is receive or give. Usually the one looking to give will put his hand (or face) near the hole. If you aren't interested, just ignore them or leave and go to another booth. There is nothing wrong with saying "No!" if you aren't interested.

Buddy Booths, the ones here have an opaque screen between the booths. As long as both sides are "dropping tokens", if they both hit the button in their booths, the screen will turn clear. You can watch each other.

We sold lots of lube and condoms (and poppers) to guys who would go to the back for some fun. A lot of them would leave them in the back or throw them away when they were done. They couldn't take them home with them.

We had a few rules for our arcade. Don't loiter in the hallway. This really pissed the owner and the manager off.

Our arcade also used quarters for the machines. Most of them I have seen either take tokens (which you had to buy at the front counter) or you just paid an admission price. We also had one that took dollar bills.

Just remember if you don't feel comfortable with somebody, you can always tell them that you are not interested and go to another booth. Most of the people will leave you alone. Good luck.

theplayerking

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Personally, I’m picky so I try to make eye contact with a guy before I go into a booth so I know who I’m playing with. I don’t get off on sucking or getting sucked by guys I’m not attracted to. I’ve almost never seen condoms used for oral at a bookstore (or anywhere else).

Go at your own pace. Maybe just try jacking while looking at a guy through a glory hole. You will probably soon be ready for more.

Remember that bookstores, like bathhouses, can be feast or famine depending on the location and time. Be sure to give it a few tries at different times of day.

Reactions: mxhabibi and RHH33

Justlookin22

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Thanks everyone for your replies! I've actually managed to go a few times since this post and had a variety of experiences, most boring but some pretty good.

Personally, I’m picky so I try to make eye contact with a guy before I go into a booth so I know who I’m playing with. I don’t get off on sucking or getting sucked by guys I’m not attracted to.

This cracked me up though, if only because I'm the exact opposite. Anonymity is big for me. Even if I suck a guy off and he leaves his booth, I wait a solid minute to make sure he's not near mine when I open the door.