What silly misconception did you have about sex?

Cougar

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
When I was 12, steve told me he had sex with phyllis (the town slut) and he put a baloon on his cock and peed in her when he was done.

I was sooooo confused.

3664shaken

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Not counting any of the emotional stuff I was partially taught in the Utah Sex Ed program that if a penis came anywhere close to your vagina you would most likely get pregnant and if it went in there was a 90% chance you would be pregnant. Luckily we moved when I was 13 and learned the truth.

Pitbull

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not counting any of the emotional stuff I was partially taught in the Utah Sex Ed program that if a penis came anywhere close to your vagina you would most likely get pregnant and if it went in there was a 90% chance you would be pregnant. Luckily we moved when I was 13 and learned the truth.

Maybe the penises in Utah are loaded with Super Sperm.

Rubenesque

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I remember when my mum told me the facts of life I asked "so you and Dad have just done that once?"

I was utterly horrified when she explained people do it for fun and not just to make babies, couldn't look either her or my Dad in the eye for days!

Talking about looking my Dad in the eye. I don't know if any of you are familiar with the phrase "before you were a twinkle in your Dads eye". Well when I was very young I went through a phrase of thinking I got in my Mums belly because my Dad looked at my Mum and the twinkle in his eye passed to her eye and travelled to her belly haha. I spent ages refusing to make eye contact with my Dad!

Symphonic

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
pft! any decent parent explains to a daughter that you can't buy love & approval with sex. the girls who thought you could were in a definite minority where i come from.

Having knowledge and acting upon that knowledge are two different things. It's easy to profess, hard to follow.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I remember when my mum told me the facts of life I asked "so you and Dad have just done that once?"

I was utterly horrified when she explained people do it for fun and not just to make babies, couldn't look either her or my Dad in the eye for days!

Talking about looking my Dad in the eye. I don't know if any of you are familiar with the phrase "before you were a twinkle in your Dads eye". Well when I was very young I went through a phrase of thinking I got in my Mums belly because my Dad looked at my Mum and the twinkle in his eye passed to her eye and travelled to her belly haha. I spent ages refusing to make eye contact with my Dad!

I learned about the sperm and the egg at some point in childhood from a book for children about where babies come from, but I was not told what the means of conveyance was. I imagined that it had something to do with marriage: the wedding ceremony or something following it, I surmised, must cause the sperm to pass from the man to the woman (through the air). Then I saw an episode of a television series in which there was a scandal about a woman who was pregnant but had no husband. (This was in the 1960s, and the show was set in the 19th century anyway.) That overthrew my theory and caused me great perplexity. Then, when I was ten years old, I looked into a book that had been left lying around (presumably on purpose by my mother) called Everything You've Always Wanted to Know About Sex, But Were Afraid to Ask, which was a best-seller at that time. I was astonished to learn that the playground lore about penises going into vaginas, which I had assumed to be a kind of joke, actually had a basis in fact.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
until about 16 when i finally asked my mother, i didn't understand how the sperm went up my pee hole.

Oh my God! I thought the same thing about tampons until my cousin explained it to me. :lmao: I used to think blowjobs were gross because I didn't see how any girl would want to put her mouth on something out of which he pee'd. :rofl:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Awww, that's cute.

Good girls don't masturbate. I recall this statement while watching a sex ed video in the 4th grade. Thank goodness I didn't listen, but I wonder how many girls took this advice to heart?

I never saw that movie. My baptist nana drilled that into all us kids heads from an early age. :frown1::redface:

voidout

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Oh my God! I thought the same thing about tampons until my cousin explained it to me. :lmao: I used to think blowjobs were gross because I didn't see how any girl would want to put her mouth on something out of which he pee'd. :rofl:

LMFAO!!! omg. hahaha. i'm so glad i'm not alone. :rofl: when i asked my mom where the penis went she was like "what do you mean where does it go?" and looked at me like i was insane. such an awkward conversation.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
LMFAO!!! omg. hahaha. i'm so glad i'm not alone. :rofl: when i asked my mom where the penis went she was like "what do you mean where does it go?" and looked at me like i was insane. such an awkward conversation.

I can top that. :biggrin1: Now mind you, my mom had been very thorough in explaining menstruation. She even bought some kind of "Welcome to Womanhood kit" from Kotex. It had pastel colored pamphlets with pictures that explained everything about becoming a woman. :biggrin1:

The first time I got my period I was confused. After all moms talking, and reading all those books and pamphlets I thought the blood was supposed to come out when I urinated.:redface: I thought something was wrong with me cause it was always on the pad, but not in the toilet when I pee'd. When I told mom she she assured me I was normal and everything was okay while laughing so hard she cried. :rofl:

Serial Kisser

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I thought that for years even after the third or fourth one. I kept thinking "Why isn't it working?"

It took me a couple more than four to get it right. There were a lot of wrongs in between. I was trying to fill a hole in my heart by filling a different hole in my body. Whoops. Glad I know better ;)