What silly misconception did you have about sex?

Serial Kisser

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
LMFAO!!! omg. hahaha. i'm so glad i'm not alone. :rofl: when i asked my mom where the penis went she was like "what do you mean where does it go?" and looked at me like i was insane. such an awkward conversation.

Now that I think about it, I've NEVER had *that* conversation with my mom at all. I learned about sex through finding my brother's Penthouse magazines and tapes. I've never talked to my mom about sex, ever. I avoid it like the plague. Even when something is suggestive on tv, I play dumb.

voidout

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

I can top that. :biggrin1: Now mind you, my mom had been very thorough in explaining menstruation. She even bought some kind of "Welcome to Womanhood kit" from Kotex. It had pastel colored pamphlets with pictures that explained everything about becoming a woman. :biggrin1:

The first time I got my period I was confused. After all moms talking, and reading all those books and pamphlets I thought the blood was supposed to come out when I urinated.:redface: I thought something was wrong with me cause it was always on the pad, but not in the toilet when I pee'd. When I told mom she she assured me I was normal and everything was okay while laughing so hard she cried. :rofl:

ahahaha. ok, ok, ok...this is too funny. i thought i got my period there too! LMAO. i just didn't even KNOW i had a second hole!! :lmao: even when i masturbated, i would only touch my clit, so i had NO IDEA that there was something else there. ahahaha.

voidout

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Now that I think about it, I've NEVER had *that* conversation with my mom at all. I learned about sex through finding my brother's Penthouse magazines and tapes. I've never talked to my mom about sex, ever. I avoid it like the plague. Even when something is suggestive on tv, I play dumb.

psh, my mom was one of the first people to know when i lost my virginity.

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I though feminine napkins made good beds for my GI Joes.

The little cardboard tubes made great bazooka's for my troops!(They had to be painted and tooth pic handles glued on.):smile:

Back to the OP. Until I looked at a Penthouse mag,I thought the vagina was located up front like a penis.When I turned 13 a buddy showed me the June issue for my birthday.

Last edited:

B_spiker067

Experimental Member
Media
I had no idea they made condoms in different sizes.

It turned out my erections were often working against the press of a regular Trojan. I hated using condoms but I feared STI's more. Early on sex wasn't as fulfilling (for her or me) as it could have been or should have been; it actually sucked (she often had to). It was lucky that youthful erections were so able to stand in the breech.

My other complaint was that unrolling a condom to take it off because it was so tight usually caught hair on the way off. Not cool. That problem too went away when I upsized (and trimmed - something that was extraordinary for not grasping sooner).

Last edited:

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I used to think blowjobs were gross because I didn't see how any girl would want to put her mouth on something out of which he pee'd. :rofl:

I was brought up to think that all oral sex was gross. Even French kissing was gross. I still struggle with that. I have a harder time with French kissing than I do with blowjobs, though! :biggrin1:

I was pretty familiar with the anatomy and even what happened during sex, later on... Although, one misconception I had that I laugh about now is that when I was like 12 and 13, I worried that I'd be with a guy who was too big for me (at the same time I was fascinated with and also fantasized about big ones - I started early on that stuff! :biggrin1:). Whereas the truth for me when I had sex is that while I've been with a few guys who were too small for me, I've never been with a guy who's too big.

B_pressuretreated

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i remember a conversation from the 4th grade between me and my best friend "if some girl ever tried to suck my dick i'd pee in her mouth" i thought it was an insult i guess. surprisingly i always had a lot of "girlfriends" at that age. although i thought kissing was bad and stuff. i thought you just get pregnant when you get married. and i remember thinking sperm was like a bacteria or something that lived behind your head. I thought your penis head was the same the whole away around, until i saw my neighbor pissing outside and saw his frenula or w/e i thought something was wrong with him until i turned mine around.

Fleur

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hmm...weird. I 'never' had 'the talk' or had any weird misconceptions growing up. I only say that because 'the talk' is thought of as this one time totally uncomfortable conversation to clear up misconceptions. And the thing is--if I ever had a question I'd just ask my mom and/or dad and I'd get an answer...it was never weird or uncomfortable. By 12, I knew pretty much all/most of what I wanted to know (including sex with same-sex couples for the most part). My Mom never made me feel weird or awkward for not knowing and she especially didn't laugh at me at my expense for not knowing.

Anyway, same thing went for other topics in life...I suppose my relationship with my parents was weird, but I'm glad they were always honest with me...

Last edited:

MercyfulFate

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I never really had any beyond not fully understanding certain aspects. However the first girl I had sex with could orgasm, a lot.

So I guess it threw me off when girls later on didn't. I knew not all women did, or if they did it wasn't the same, but it still became normal to think they all would.

Sassy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Oh, Lordy, these are funny! Lots of memories:

My sisters and I thought that women didn't go number 1 or 2 the whole time they were pregnant (which was why women gained so much weight - we knew babies weighed less than 10 pounds, but women weighed so much more!).

A male classmate in sixth grade thought that girls got periods for 3 weeks in a row every month, with a week off in between.

A neighboring girl told us that women had to poke holes in their nipples with pins in order for the milk to come out.:eek:

When I finally got my first period, it'd been so long since the talk in school, that I thought I was dying. It wasn't until I'd ruined a bunch of underwear that I realized what had happened.

I embarrassed my first BF, when I screamed the first time I saw him soft. I'd always seen him at a very firm 8" and thought something horrible had happened to his d*ck 'cause it was not much bigger than my pinkie. Didn't realize until he reassured me that he was okay, that he was a grower.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I embarrassed my first BF, when I screamed the first time I saw him soft. I'd always seen him at a very firm 8" and thought something horrible had happened to his d*ck 'cause it was not much bigger than my pinkie. Didn't realize until he reassured me that he was okay, that he was a grower.

:rofl: OMG! Now that is FUNNY! :lmao:

steve2727

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I've encountered the same silly misconception from two women (both in their twenties), that being that they must have a huge vagina...

Basically they were taken in by that line people use to reassure insecure men about the size of their cocks, i.e.

'The average vagina is only five inches long so anything more than that is a waste!'

So when they could accommodate all or nearly all my 8 inches they thought they must be some sort of freak! I had to set them straight about the fact that that 'average of 5 inches' expands to an average of over 8 when highly aroused and that they had a perfectly normal, fantastic pussy...

That line might seem like a harmless ego massage for guys on the face of it but it's giving more than a few girls out there a complex!

Kevbo

Sexy Member
Media
Thanks to everyone who's responded -- this turned out to have a lot of terrific and humorous stories :biggrin1:

Kevbo

R_35_Skyline

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
i thought couples just get pregnant automatically when they're married. didn't know you had to have sex first.

when shown the diagrams of the female reproductive system back in elementary, i thought the penis goes inside of the cervix

i thought i could pee inside a vagina LOL