what size of condom do I need

redbear52

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If "regular sized" ones are not uncomfortable for you and don't burst you could use them. But they probably will feel too tight given your girth.

Regular sized condoms would be long enough for you so length isn't really an issue. Any size that will fit your girth comfortably will be more than long enough.

My maximum girth is right around 16 cm also and it is at the base, right where the "bead" or "ring" of a condom seats. When I still had to use condoms, I found it frustrating that most of those that accommodated larger girth had a flared shape and were wider toward the closed end where the glans winds up and narrowest at the open end where I needed the extra girth the most. This is still the case. Both Trojan Magnums and Magnum XLs have this flared shape. Also, since you won't be rolling them all the way out (they have enough length for guys 8 inches long) the bead or ring will be that much thicker and may feel tighter.

Lifestyles XL condoms also have a flared shape, but are not quite so long so they might be a better fit than the Trojans: Lifestyles Large condoms - Lifestyles XL condoms

D_GlennFeckless

Account Disabled
Media
Drop a few bucks and try them, see what feels best. "Regular" condoms will certainly work, and some thick guys like the extra tight feeling. I go for Mags at 7x6 around. It's all about the comfort.

BTW, redbear52, if a condom "bursts" you're doing something wrong. I've seen guys stretch regulars enough to get them over their head (the one on their shoulders) without breakage. One common mistake that leads to breakage is lubing *before* rolling it on. Bad! The other common one is to not leave a reservoir at the end.

redbear52

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There have been a number of studies done by condom companies that have shown that condom breakage is positively correlated with penis girth.

D_GlennFeckless

Account Disabled
Media
If that's true, then we'd expect there to be a measurable correlation between "oops, it broke!" babies and penis girth, as penis size is most certainly a genetic trait.

Hey, someone put up a survey!

ShannonH

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Yeah go for magnum XL. I'm ~1.5cm less in girth and the XLs fit me alright, but I'm uncut so I like the extra tightness of the standard magnum to hold things in place better.

I was really apprehensive about buying those things at first, because way too many guys (many who don't need them) just get them to stroke their own ego and make sex all about their own dick, instead of about two people having an awesome time together. I didn't want to be one of those guys, but after having several Durex ultra-thins snap on me in less than a week, it was just crazy not to. Waiting a month to find out if two separate girls I was just friends with were pregnant, then getting STD tested again, is not an experience I'd care to repeat.

Last edited: