What song(s) make you cry?

nay-nay

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
this song makes me emotional because its so beautiful. it doesn't need lyrics to tell the meaning of the song. you can FEEL it in the music and the way he plays his guitar.

it makes me happy and sad at the same time. the version off the Time Machine album is AMAZING. my dad and i were driving along in the car one evening and the song was playing. he said "i want this song played at my funeral." i just wanted to burst into tears because i can't imagine the day he's gone. but then i thought "...that would be a great song to have played at a funeral."

YouTube - Joe Satriani - Always With Me, Always With You (Live)

Amber1

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

Jeremy by PearlJam

Watched the video for the first time a few years ago....knew the song, but had never seen the vid before, was in floods of tears at the end.

Can't even listen to it now, dnt like to even think of it. Sounds silly...but it kills me..LOL.. :-(

Bluebiss01

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You told me you loved me - Cinematic Sunrise

You said you loved me
More than anyone else could ever know,
But now, you're leaving.
Can we just try to work this out?

And I've never been one to beg...

The nights get lonely,
And all I have left is memories with you.
I tried to save this,
But now there's nothing left for me to do.

Please don't go,
Just stay.
I watch with tears in my eyes as you walked away.
Miss your voice and your touch,
And if I told you I loved you could that...be enough?

And now there's silence.
It's been too long since I've heard from you.
And I lay with secrets knowing that my heart still longs for you.

Please don't go,
Just stay.
And if I told you I loved you could that be enough?

Please don't go,
Just stay.
And if I told you loved you could that be enough?

And tonight,
I stay home,
And miss you more than you'll ever know.

And tonight,
I stay home,
and miss you more than you'll ever know.

And tonight
I stay home,

And tonight,
I stay home,

This song gets me all the time! It's just so powerfully written. So much emotion.

I'm guessing none of you guys have ever heard this song (since I have a weird music taste) but i'd check it out.

YouTube - Cinematic Sunrise-You Told Me You Loved Me

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
Depending on my mood, the final songs done as solo works by the late Karen Carpenter are hard for me to listen to without a tear. I have known and respected both Richard and Karen as musicians and had met Richard Carpenter multiple times as we both collect Chrysler automobiles.

Karen's voice was one of the most pure and perfect female voices to come in decades, her talent and drive for perfection were beyond imagination and both she and Richard are very good people.

All the work to help her, all the work to treat her illness was lost when she sustained heart damage from the years of her eating disorders. Her death was a tragedy and who knows what she may have accomplished if her health had recovered and her musical talent had continued to evolve and grow.

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Quite a few, actually. I'm a sap. You better be home soon by Crowded House is always associated with the last, very sweet, scene in "The sum of us." It works.
Lots of stuff by Leonard Cohen (who wrote Hallelujah), notably:
YouTube - Leonard Cohen - Joan of Arc the backup singers are fantastic. The blonde, Julie Christensen, is smoking!
YouTube - HALLELUJAH (Jeff Buckley's version) cover A cover by some anonymous young man. Where is his recording contract?
YouTube - seems so long ago, nancy Based on a true story, so I have read.
YouTube - Tower of Song Poignant in relation to my own aging. Funny too, in places. The man is seventy-four and on world tour!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5iW5TQOmPQ It's so rare to hear a love song in which the pronouns are not changed to avoid sounding "gay."
Jason's choice of Jerusalem is wonderfullty evocative of my anglophilic nostalgia.
Dave

Last edited:

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Like Paula Abdul I cried when David Artchuleta sang Imagine. But I did that when Clay Akin sang Bridge Over Troubled Water too.

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Last edited:

BirdinMo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Wow, I never would of thought this thread would be some what popular. But on an up side I have plenty of sad songs to play tomorrow night while I house sit at my sisters. Cant do it at home, as sad as it is I still have dial up. Thats enough to make me cry