Sexuality
No Response
I am thinking of getting a tattoo soon and I was wondering
what ones you guys have?
are they any good?
were they painful to get?
and if they mean anything to you?
Post pics of them if you can

I was thinking of getting a small celtic one on my wrist to start off with and then maybe something else on my shoulder later in life.

Something like this the first pic, exept on my wrist
and I would also like the tattoo on the second pic

Attachments

silentview

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
good stuff, I don't have any myself but I'm looking to design my own soon. It'll have meaning in that I've gone through some rough patches in life and I've come out on top, that and I only want one I design.
though, I think with that second tattoo better artists will suggest that you find bolder designs fine lines start very well but become muttled after awhile. let us know if/when you get them!

mj21045

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I got my tattoo 4 years ago - a custom Celtic band on my right bicep. I say custom because I knew I wanted a Celtic band but I couldn't find any that I liked so the Tattoo Artist created one for me...which is cool because it means that there is no other one like it.

My next two tatts are going to carry some significance for me. I was in a near fatal car accident last year and by all rights I should be dead. So...on my right calf, I'm getting Chinese characters that loosely translate "Second Chance" and on my left calf, a vibrantly colored Phoenix rising.

liberia

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Tattoos on skin over bone(eg the feet) are usually the most painful. It was also quite painful getting my dick done, but I don`t regret it at all.

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I got 4 'trinket' tats....small things....3 are just patterns, gothic, celtic etc but my fave is the small dragon i have on the left of my stomach just above my pelvic bone....it hurt the most as the others are all on my upper arms

JockVamp

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I've been fascinated by tatts for many years. I finally bit the dust and got these two over the past couple of years. One is symbolic of the lone wolf and the other is a Native American bear paw motif. I love them both. I'm eventually going to get another tatt but it'll be a while yet; money's pretty tight.

Attachments

purplewhitemajor

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I got a tattoo last year after years of putting it off. It's the serenity prayer and a cross on the inside of my arm. Going back to have stars put on my ribcage. It took them an hour to do my tattoo and it really didn't hurt. She kept on asking me was I in pain, I kept on telling her I was fine. To be honest I talked the entire time so it wasn't that bad. She told me the next tattoo on my ribcage was going to hurt.

Torque8

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
Everybody,
Real cool tats and tat ideas.
Even though I have a tiger as avatar I have been thinking about getting a lion for a long, long time. I have not been able to find the exact template and I am not sure where I want to put it. I am thinking it would need to be on my entire back. How much would a full color lion on my back run me?

bigboobies

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
i know you were aiming your question at guys, but i thought i'd let you know my experience anyway.

i got a tattoo of a phoenix on my shoulder blade back in 2001, and even tho i wanted a tattoo for ages before i plucked up the nerve to get it, the thing that always held me back was the fact that (being a bit of a wimp) i was concerned that it was gonna hurt! however, the truth is that all i really felt was some scratching and a slight burning sensation.

i say go for it, but make sure it is something that has meaning to you, i got mine after a really dark period in my life, and for me, it meant a new beginning. its not something i can see myself ever regretting or wishing i could get rid of

mikeyf06033 u should definitely go for your phoenix, i love mine, all the symbolism that is behind it, and all that the phoenix stands for, its great.

hope that helps

Attachments

hoggindaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i went in to get a kickass knifesword on my chest, but it ended up looking like a huge black penis. :(

brock-lesnar-4.jpg

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Matt_101:

I have no tattoos (as yet). But I think the small tattoo on the foot looks rather stylin'. The Squeeze has one of those entwined slash tattoos on his left bicep that includes a stylized version of his initials in the middle. I rarely pay much attention to it. I'm not big on tattoos except those overdone murals of body art on muscle daddy sex pigs. That, for some reason, I understand. I'd opt for the sedate foot tattoo that's easily covered when you put on stockings and shoes, but you can show off wearing flip flops.

As ghoulish as it may sound, I'm working on designing a tidy, informative and to-the-point tattoo for just above my butt crack/below my pant belt that states clearly in three languages "Please cremate remains upon expiration. Call 001-775-200-4129 for further instructions and reward." That way, if I drop dead in mid sentence while not paying much attention, I have a greater chance of my Living Trust and Will automatically going into action without the police in some small beach town wondering whose remains they are dealing with and what to do.

Good luck.

Warning edit: And just to keep your on your toes, I have a very good friend who came over one evening to show off the Japanese tattoo he had covering most of his upper right arm. What he didnt know is that it Kanji it read "Womens bath room. Customers only." So much for having way kool Chinese or Japanese ideograms inked onto your body. If you opt for a foreign language or script, be sure to shop around the design to ensure you know what it really says. I've seen far too many home made tattoos that say "Born to loose." No only is the grammar incorrect, they're advertising that they're dumb a shit. Of course, they originally wanted "Born to lose." Still, not the most life celebrating of tattoos one could choose.

Again, good luck.

Last edited: