What the Gayest TV Show Ever?

Infernal

Superior Member
Media
Phoenix, Arizona, United States of America
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Because it was to open for prime time television the 1980's SHOWTIME show "Brothers" was probably the most openly gay show that lasted any duration of time. The cast was Robert Walden, Phillip Charles MacKenzie, Paul Regina, Brandon Maggart and Robin Riker-Hasley. The role of Robert Walden's (Joe Waters) daughter was played by the daughter of Ann Morgan Guilbert. Her name was at the time Hallie Todd.

I had totally forgotten about that show. I was in my early teens when it was on, but I always managed to find some way to watch it. It was way ahead of its time.

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
Eh?? Not having a go at you Monel but why do some people have to find something 'gay' in everything? It was a programme aimed at 5 year olds, one happened to be purple and carried a bag!

This one was in fact quite a "hoot" in that this was a mess "created" by the never brilliant Jerry Falwell when he was a guest on the "700 Club" which was Pat Robertsons tribute to bigotry and Homophobia.

The Teletubbies character "Tinkie Winkie" who was the purple character with the inverted triangle was singled out by the ever disgusting Falwell as trying to "indoctrinate" babies not even able to speak into homosexuality.

What was amazing is that Falwell himself determined that the color purple was in some manner a "gay" color and up and until Falwell opened his big dumb mouth the gay community had not even cared about the show.

Where Falwell really made his horrific error (OK one of his many horrific errors) was the usage of an inverted triangle. What Falwell was too stupid to know was that an inverted pink triangle was the mark Adolph Hitler used to identify gay and lesbian people before he put them to death in the concentration camps. His big stupid mouth in essence united the gay community around "Tinky Winky" as a symbol against tyranny and it indeed backfired.

Pat Robertson of those with the televangelist bent was by far the most evil because he would "invite" other extremist pastors into preposterous situations and while never saying anything extremist himself, he would provoke other more vocal or in this case "stupid" evangelists into creating his ratings for him.

Pat Robertson was a master of manipulation in that he himself would sit around like the "kindly grandfather" while manipulating others into positions of embarrassment.

Jerry Falwell was one who needed very little provocation to stick his foot in his mouth, but the main thing that did make the late Jerry Falwell unique was his ability to get his second foot in his mouth with the first one and create situations that would backfire and unite the community.

The Teletubbies show was in fact geared for children who were not even capable of speech or word formation and most of it was aimed at children less than three years old. This is what made Falwell's allegations even more moronic.

Hope this helps clear up a little community "history" because this happened many years ago.

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Barney Miller

Truthfully I have no idea. I may create imaginary scenarios in my mind about sex with men in a show but I don't think of a show in that way. I don't think of it as heterosexual either.

dcsurvivor92

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I would have to say....Glee. There is something compelling about the show, but it also makes me want to rip my hair out.

But, yes I would agree, Full House has a a gay vibe to it. Bob Sagat and John Stamos had this weird thing going on, and Dave Coulier was just, really strange. Although, I sort of had a thing for him and wanted to fuck him.

Balljunkie

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Nobody mentioned Teen Wolf on MTV? That show gets gayer with every episode. And with Jackson pleading with Derek to turn him...

And one of the gayest scenes was when Stiles and Scott pulled up and Stiles literally says, "Come on, Jackson, you’re way to pretty to be out here all by yourself."