What the heck is a merkin?

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Heh,

This evening I almost laughed myself into an asthma attack. My brother told me that during the 18th century in Europe it became the custom to shave certain personal body parts to avoid lice. In substitution individuals began wearing crotch wigs called Merkins. I looked this up on the net and some brilliant person went so far to say that some brazen individuals began wearing them ala Madonna ( outside the clothing) Then he took it to the ultimate level and said that this was the origin of the Scotsman's pouch, the sporran.At this point I fell into fits of laughter and almost fell off my chair. This is your history lesson for the day boys and girls.

Naughty

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
It also means an American. Famous netizen John Pratchett actually invented that use; apparently he was inspired by an old LBJ speech because that's exactly how LBJ pronounced American.

ericbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've always wondered just what Pearl Jam was thinking when they named an album Merkin Ball.

But then again, Steely Dan named themselves after a cast-iron dildo...

Whatever. But, if you remain interested in merkins, check out this Merkin Merchant:

http://www9.general-hosting.com/kctrln/SXM...XM-Beaches/amc/

(I'm hoping it's a joke!)

BRMSTN69: jonb, you read too much, I feel so inferior :( but I finally learned to use smiles :D now if I could just figure out quotes and links :(

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by BRMSTN69@Jun 21 2004, 06:06 AM
jonb, you read too much
One can never read too much. Reading is the best way to learn useless shit that makes day to day life more fun. Sharing trivial tidbits that one has gleaned through reading is one of those little joys that we can all share.

Now to something related to the thread topic. Have you ever wondered about the origin of fur stoles? Before the time when frequent bathing became an accepted practice in the West, omen and men originally wore fur sashes in an attempt to draw fleas and lice from their own hair to the fur. This proved to be ineffective; the insects, of course, could not feed on blood in the lifeless fur pelt, so they remained on the human scalp for their nourishment. The stoles, however, lived on as fashion accessories and their origin forgotten. More effective as a lure for hair cooties was the lap dog so common among the rich in Renaissance Europe. The bugs would leave the hair of the human host to sample the fresh supply of blood from the dog. Queen Elizabeth made lap dogs all the rage among the English aristocracy during her reign. The dog was used in conjunction with her many wigs to combat the lice and flea problem.

Ecchi

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper+Jun 21 2004, 06:55 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DoubleMeatWhopper @ Jun 21 2004, 06:55 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-BRMSTN69@Jun 21 2004, 06:06 AM
jonb, you read too much
One can never read too much. Reading is the best way to learn useless shit that makes day to day life more fun. Sharing trivial tidbits that one has gleaned through reading is one of those little joys that we can all share.

Now to something related to the thread topic. Have you ever wondered about the origin of fur stoles? Before the time when frequent bathing became an accepted practice in the West, omen and men originally wore fur sashes in an attempt to draw fleas and lice from their own hair to the fur. This proved to be ineffective; the insects, of course, could not feed on blood in the lifeless fur pelt, so they remained on the human scalp for their nourishment. The stoles, however, lived on as fashion accessories and their origin forgotten. More effective as a lure for hair cooties was the lap dog so common among the rich in Renaissance Europe. The bugs would leave the hair of the human host to sample the fresh supply of blood from the dog. Queen Elizabeth made lap dogs all the rage among the English aristocracy during her reign. The dog was used in conjunction with her many wigs to combat the lice and flea problem. [/b][/quote]
Triviata and useless info is FUN&#33; Of course all my triviata and useless info is related to pro wrestling, video games and music, so God knows it&#39;ll mean to y&#39;all.

BRMSTN69: hey I love pro wrestling (and I said"you read too much, I feel so inferior" meaning I don&#39;t read enough) actually I love to read I just prefer fiction to escape reality rather than arcane facts. It&#39;s funny,people at work call me the encycolpedia of useless information,I think they should log on here and find out how far down the scale I really am. well I&#39;m in the mid west I guess were just a bunch of dumb hicks around these parts, hell they all think I&#39;m smart&#33;

No offence to those that live in the mid west thats just the way it is where I&#39;m from.

punk9

Experimental Member
Media
in certain east coast (us) cities and states, it is illegal for exotic dancers to show pubic hair.

thus, they shave their pubes and wear merkins (pussy wigs) which are not pubic hair.

see john waters&#39; "pecker" for a discussion of the subject.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by BRMSTN69@Jun 20 2004, 10:06 PM
jonb, you read too much, I feel so inferior :( but I finally learned to use smiles :D now if I could just figure out quotes and links :(
And if you wouldn&#39;t use so many. Smilies are for punctuation. :lol:

D_Humper E Bogart

Experimental Member
Media
Reminds me of a certain someone who posted too many emoticons.
I was going to give an example but..

THE FOLLOWING ERROR(S) WERE FOUND
You have posted a message with more emoticons that this board allows. Please reduce the number of emoticons you&#39;ve added to the message
EXCELLENT&#33;

BTW, That Merkin site is a laugh&#33; Although they need more practice with photoshop methinks.

headbang8

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Oh, beautiful fore spacious thighs
O&#39;er amber waves of hair
O&#39;er pubic mountain&#39;s majesty
Ne&#39;er known the touch of Nair
A mer-er-kin A mer-er-kin
Man did the curls on thee
And try to hide the way inside
Prudes don&#39;t want to see

tracksuitboy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by jonb+Jun 22 2004, 02:40 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jonb &#064; Jun 22 2004, 02:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-BRMSTN69@Jun 20 2004, 10:06 PM
jonb, you read too much, I feel so inferior :( but I finally learned to use smiles :D now if I could just figure out quotes and links :(
And if you wouldn&#39;t use so many. Smilies are for punctuation. :lol:[/b][/quote]
Oh no&#33; :mellow: Mega use of :D :D :D :D Everywhere&#33;&#33;&#33; We&#39;re all turning into the H-person (he-who-must-not-be-named)&#33;. Aaaggghhhh&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

tracksuitboy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by jonb@Jun 21 2004, 04:46 AM
It also means an American. Famous netizen John Pratchett actually invented that use; apparently he was inspired by an old LBJ speech because that&#39;s exactly how LBJ pronounced American.
So, instread of "yanks" - do I now call you all "Female Crotch Wigs"????

TSB thinks back to the WW2 song:
the female crotch wigs are coming, the female crotch wigs are coming ....

Nah, maybe not&#33;

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Tracksuit boy,

Well, I wouldnt say it applies to all of us, but I can think of a select few that it just about sums up. Thanks to Lyndon Johnson&#39;s drawl, the word gets a new spin on life&#33; LOL&#33;

Naughty

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by tracksuitboy+Jun 22 2004, 10:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tracksuitboy @ Jun 22 2004, 10:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jonb@Jun 21 2004, 04:46 AM
It also means an American. Famous netizen John Pratchett actually invented that use; apparently he was inspired by an old LBJ speech because that&#39;s exactly how LBJ pronounced American.
So, instread of "yanks" - do I now call you all "Female Crotch Wigs"????

TSB thinks back to the WW2 song:
the female crotch wigs are coming, the female crotch wigs are coming ....

Nah, maybe not&#33;
[/b][/quote]
LOL Hey, what&#39;s the difference between a yankee and a quickie? You don&#39;t use your hand with a quickie.