what the hell happened to LUKE WILSON?

Discussion in 'Celebrity Endowments' started by thadjock, Nov 29, 2009.

1. thadjock

Gold Member

Albums:
    this guy was always on my top 10 list, but have you seen him in those AT&T commercials?

he looks like he just rolled outta bed after having swine flu for 2 wks, his face is all puffy and one eye droops off to the side, flat kinda greasy looking hair, and they get REAL close up with the camera. he was always the lean/fit cute one.

is he undergoing cancer treatment or something?

2. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    He's got problems. He did try suicide. Fame is an odd role to have. And maybe he can't handle it well.

3. agnslz

Gold Member

That was his brother Owen that tried to commit suicide, not Luke.

4. thadjock

Gold Member

Albums:
    thx i was about to correct that too.

5. MichiganRico

Gold Member

No question Luke has certainly packed on some pounds--kinda "portly" for a guy who's just 38. Here's one of his new AT&T ad spots:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3PbBmElObI

And the "old" Luke Wilson .... a few more threads like this and the negative blog comments I've seen should have him back in the gym in no time flat--and def bf material again.

Attached Files:

6. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    Damn! He sure has fleshed out some, that's for sure.

7. thadjock

Gold Member

Albums:
    ya it doesn't help that i just recently saw him in a cable broadcast of "home fries" where he was a total fukin hardbody stud. but he made that a long time ago; maybe i should cut him some slack,

but on the other hand (like you said) if we can help nudge the pudge back into the gym, we need to keep hammering away.

8. Balljunkie

Gold Member

Legally Blonde was just on, and then I saw that commercial during the movie. I was like, wow, he has gained weight and has been absent from the movie screen for a while. His booty was hot in My Super Ex-Girlfriend.

9. ChockladGa

ChockladGa New Member

I was just checking Luke Wilson out tonight on TV commercials and asked myself the same question. He must have been out of work for a while. Handsome guy but if he wants to keep acting, he needs to tone up again.

10. thadjock

Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't get why stars do things like cell phone commercials anyway (i know, pimpin' is easy, but doesn't it kinda dilute their celeb power?)

I mean it kinda makes sense when Jordan inks a deal with nike, or can be fun like the Manning bros oreo thing, or when hootie does a commercial for burger king (no wait that one doesn't make any sense at all)

but i got bad news for AT&T: Luke Wilson doesn't make me want to change my cell provider. he's a nice guy i'm sure, but I'm happy with verizon. I think u wasted ur money AT&T.

11. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    He doesn't look that bad...just a little more filled out...i always thought he was a cutie

12. dude10188

dude10188 New Member

Albums:
    well he is 38.... after a certain point i think sex appeal isn't as important. but i'm sure if he gets casted for a good movie where it needs him to be in shape he'll get toned up again.

13. thadjock

Gold Member

Albums:
    u need to get ur eyes checked

14. hornynyc

hornynyc Member

Albums:
    What does his size have to do with his talent .... there is a big difference between being a movie star and a good actor.

15. griffin

griffin New Member

The reason is exposure and money...period. Commercial actors make heaps of money. To star in a national running commercial pays very well and one gets paid each time it runs. I know a few people who do nothing else but act in commercials and I can tell you they have made huge amounts of money.
    Exposure for any actor is good...and I am sure he is making a tidy profit. It really makes sense financially for luke. He is being paid AND geting publicity to boot. It is a win/win for all concerned.
    You would be surprised at how many A list clebs do commercials abroad...adverts you will never see here in america. Why???....HUGE and I am mean HUGE paychecks....and again exposure as an added bonus.

Depending on what one is advertising...I see no loss of street cred doing these ads.

16. mistergrasso

mistergrasso Member

Well, Thad, I think it's called growing older. And straight guys do it worse than we do. Sad thing is, he probably dieted and worked out for weeks before shooting those commercials. Maybe he has the same trainer as Levi Johnston, who I think we should nickname "Stubbs."

17. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    I agree so I checked your pics out again...things look really good.

18. BarefootGuy

Gold Member

I have to admit I thought the same thing when I first saw the AT&T commercial that Luke looked a little heavier.

19. jt1985

jt1985 Member

To me it wasn't that he just looked heavier, but that he also didn't bother to even dress like he was going to be talking to hundreds of millions of people as a serious person - all disheveled and dorky looking. Spend some of those mobile commercial bucks on a decent tailor. He looks like a programmer at the end of a 24 hour coding binge.

20. thadjock

Gold Member

Albums:
    maybe he's trying to catch the eye of the director of the hangover, and land a role in the hangover: part deux.

Draft saved Draft deleted