what the hell is a "NERD"?

Endued

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The definition has been blurring quite rapidly, really. It's less than a decade ago that spending time on the internet was still enough to promote ridicule among many, then social networking and media sites took off and now it's kind of uncool not to have an e-presence.

Gaming's another one as well. Still some way off being properly accepted, but what was once solely considered the preserve of the spotty, bedroom-bound teen is way more socially acceptable. Moreso in the US, I think, but it's changing.

D_CountVonBhigBohner

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Nerds are a form of candy currently sold by Nestlé under their Willy Wonka Candy Company brand. Nerds were first created and then launched in 1983 by Kevin Ruby Deering, who was Brand Manager, eventually becoming Vice President of Marketing and Technical Services until he left in 1992. Robert Boutin led his team with the product development and commercialization of Nerds. Nerds became the "Candy of the Year" in 1985 by NCWA. Nerds are small irregularly-shaped sweets that come in a variety of flavors and are usually sold in a box that has two separate flavors, each with a separate opening mechanism.

Horrible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I wonder why only Western countries have these high school social cliques were being smart and going to school for its true purpose is a bad thing in social life.

It's not. I was a "jock" I got laid, I drank beer, I played women, I played baseball and basketball and golf, I went to parties, I threw parties. I didn't play games on the internet, I didn't play nintendo, I didn't stay in my room. I was a socially adept individual who, for some reason, was popular. I also had the highest SAT score of my graduating class. Higher than the valedictorian, and the "nerds." It is possible to be smart without being a nerd... BTW, I was also on the lower side of class ranking. Like 87th or something like that.

ConanTheBarber

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I wonder why only Western countries have these high school social cliques were being smart and going to school for its true purpose is a bad thing in social life.

It's not. I was a "jock" I got laid, I drank beer, I played women, I played baseball and basketball and golf, I went to parties, I threw parties. I didn't play games on the internet, I didn't play nintendo, I didn't stay in my room. I was a socially adept individual who, for some reason, was popular. I also had the highest SAT score of my graduating class. Higher than the valedictorian, and the "nerds." It is possible to be smart without being a nerd... BTW, I was also on the lower side of class ranking. Like 87th or something like that.

You were very intelligent but obviously, given your modest ranking among your classmates, not particularly interested in working at your studies.
You just had an absorbent mind that took in a lot of ambient information ... hence, your high SAT scores.
I think you prove Jordan's point, Horrible.
But, lucky dewd that you were, you got away with your academic lassitude.
If you can bottle that and sell it, you will make mega bux.
(If you need an angel investor, I'm your man.)

dlfellow

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I only date nerds. It's a prerequisite. I'm a nerd myself, and do not associate with the un-nerdly. True story. I went to a high school that only admitted nerds. I call it the Nerd High School of Science, but it was really called Bronx Science. Google it. It's geek heaven. Once, it was an all boys school, but I was admitted long after they let girls in.

L.A.R.P. is too nerdy for me, but I love the costuming aspect. Gaming stores go quiet when I ask for Magic the Gathering booster packs, or ask to see the selection of D&D dice sets, or some Palladium book or another. But nerding out has become more socially acceptable, and with that acceptance came nerds who bathed and could comport themselves in public. Nerds who lift weights and run marathons, nerds who can appreciate aged beef and a Cohiba. Yes, when I go to conventions I sometimes get drooled on by mouth-breathers who've not bathed since last year's convention. However, I am usually rescued by some hottie in IT with a mild obsession with Japan. (My husband, these days.)

here are lots of interesting women who love geeky guys. I wouldn't advise the geeks in my life to, Think, less WoW, less DC, less D&D, less iBook, less role playing in the park." I wouldn't advise them to do anything other than continue to be true to themselves. I would advise the stinky mouth-breathers to practice proper hygiene, however.

What you know 'bout D&D and role-playing books by Palladium?...LOL
i STILL get my Heroes Ulimited on whenever my married friends have time to play.
and i learned my lesson about attractive women at conventions too.about 12 or 13 years ago,i once saw a hottie wearing the coolest Uncanny X-men leather jacket,and i asked her if it was her boyfriends..maaan did she break me down.
that was the last time i judged a book by it's cover.LOL

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

And now you spend a large portion of your time trolling around on the internet. SO?!?! What's your point? You didn't apply yourself. Yay for you?

Wake me when you have something relevant to say.

Horrible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
And now you spend a large portion of your time trolling around on the internet. SO?!?! What's your point? You didn't apply yourself. Yay for you?

Wake me when you have something relevant to say.

I only spend a few minutes here and there on the Internet, much less this one site, and primarily, it's on my phone while at work.

I haven't applied myself? Says whom? I am doing exactly what I want the majority of the time. I'm no millionaire, but I'm happy.

Sleep tight :)

Dorian_Gray

Cherished Member
Media

Hello modest. Conceited much? :rolleyes:

qwerty1234567

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response

This is almost as bad as me bragging about my IQ score.

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I only spend a few minutes here and there on the Internet, much less this one site, and primarily, it's on my phone while at work.

Since I've no way of quantifying the amount of time you spend doing any one given activity, I'll give you this one.

I haven't applied myself? Says whom?
I don't know who. Certainly not me. I only said you DIDN'T apply yourself in the scenario YOU posted about yourself. I have no way of knowing what you've done since. I'm no psychic.

I am doing exactly what I want the majority of the time. I'm no millionaire, but I'm happy.
Good for you! I, too, am no millionaire. I, too, am doing exactly what I want the majority of the time. I, too, am happy. I just happen to be happy being a nerd.

Sleep tight :)
It appears I will be sleeping for a long time.