What the hell is LPSG anyway?

SuffolkU

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
With a few exceptions I find LPSG to be a site where people are pretty in love with seeing themselves write and complimenting a small group of regular posters and catering to a hierarchy of opinion which needs confirmation.It's not a place where I expect to learn any cosmic truth. The premise of the site is ridiculous of course. Large Penis Support? Get a jock strap.I read a review of the place a while back (I guess written when it first began) and it was just right too. If this place was to grow I'd rather it became more open to difference of opinion not just a place where the weak cater to the ones who think of themselves as intelligent. I'm in school and I have to tell you that the people I learn from are not the ones with the most perfect English or the most URLS to quote. They're the ones with the best sense of another human beings needs.This site (for the most part) is a place where the bored and socially inept find themselves too often and before I become one I'll sign off for now.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
With a few exceptions I find LPSG to be a site where people are pretty in love with seeing themselves write and complimenting a small group of regular posters and catering to a hierarchy of opinion which needs confirmation.It's not a place where I expect to learn any cosmic truth.
The premise of the site is ridiculous of course. Large Penis Support? Get a jock strap.
I read a review of the place a while back (I guess written when it first began) and it was just right too. If this place was to grow I'd rather it became more open to difference of opinion not just a place where the weak cater to the ones who think of themselves as intelligent. I'm in school and I have to tell you that the people I learn from are not the ones with the most perfect English or the most URLS to quote. They're the ones with the best sense of another human beings needs.This site (for the most part) is a place where the bored and socially inept find themselves too often and before I become one I'll sign off for now.

:wtf1:

dudepiston

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Yeah, maybe this guy & Perogee can go hang out & have a beer & live happily ever after....:rolleyes:

With a few exceptions I find LPSG to be a site where people are pretty in love with seeing themselves write and complimenting a small group of regular posters and catering to a hierarchy of opinion which needs confirmation.It's not a place where I expect to learn any cosmic truth. The premise of the site is ridiculous of course. Large Penis Support? Get a jock strap.I read a review of the place a while back (I guess written when it first began) and it was just right too. If this place was to grow I'd rather it became more open to difference of opinion not just a place where the weak cater to the ones who think of themselves as intelligent. I'm in school and I have to tell you that the people I learn from are not the ones with the most perfect English or the most URLS to quote. They're the ones with the best sense of another human beings needs.This site (for the most part) is a place where the bored and socially inept find themselves too often and before I become one I'll sign off for now.

So rightlyfully i dont belong here :crying: .... And all i wanted to do was show my love for large cocks and perve on the galleries

(bold mine)

Ha! I love the use of 'perve' as a verb. I'm so going to use that in a conversation!

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This site (for the most part) is a place where the bored and socially inept find themselves too often and before I become one I'll sign off for now.
How we'll miss you.I bet your fellow students think you're the life and soul of the party.
:fuckyou2:

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Great catch, Jana. This is hysterical and historic.

I thought so. While everyone's got their hands on their hips shaking their fingers at people for making up personas, it should be clearly understood that that was acceptable, and expected for a very long time. Am I the only one who remembers jjflashx? I might have his user name somewhat wrong, but he used to write the most entertaining stories about saving people's lives with his big dick- one involved using it for a ski pole!

Is the fog beginning to clear for anyone? There's just not much out of line about it- this is where we began. Embrace it- people come here for a lot of different reasons.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
This site (for the most part) is a place where the bored and socially inept find themselves too often and before I become one I'll sign off for now.

I'm so disappointed you won't be back! You seemed like such a high-quality individual. Now who will teach us all to be socially ept? :frown1:

Interesting thread... Reading the other one, and now Madame_Zora's latest post in this one, I have to wonder if it's not time to give the DMW stuff a rest and just move on.

As someone who has been a member for quite awhile but who hasn't posted much, all this hand-wringing over one person seems bizarre. From what I understand, this is a 40ish guy who told the entire board he was dead, sat back while people eulogized him and then came back pretending to be a teenager. I've moderated forums before and that seems like insta-perma-ban worthy behavior right there.

Forums change as they grow and it does become necessary to institute more control and cut back on multiple identities. It's unfortunate, I guess, but once a community is established some basic controls are necessary if it's going to work. There's got to be a basic level of trust, and it seems to me that this guy violated that.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Is the fog beginning to clear for anyone? There's just not much out of line about it- this is where we began. Embrace it- people come here for a lot of different reasons.

Lord knows the Mods would have a hell of a time attempting to police the truth around here.

cr8tive said:
Forums change as they grow
The fact that the board has grown so much actually works in the favor of those who choose to sneak back in. MUCH easier to blend into a big crowd than a little one.

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Interesting thread... Reading the other one, and now Madame_Zora's latest post in this one, I have to wonder if it's not time to give the DMW stuff a rest and just move on.

As someone who has been a member for quite awhile but who hasn't posted much, all this hand-wringing over one person seems bizarre. From what I understand, this is a 40ish guy who told the entire board he was dead, sat back while people eulogized him and then came back pretending to be a teenager. I've moderated forums before and that seems like insta-perma-ban worthy behavior right there.

Forums change as they grow and it does become necessary to institute more control and cut back on multiple identities. It's unfortunate, I guess, but once a community is established some basic controls are necessary if it's going to work. There's got to be a basic level of trust, and it seems to me that this guy violated that.
And right there in paragraph #2 you summed up what my biggest beef with DMW/DAnny/Whoever-else-he-might-or-might-not-be was and is. The fake death. That hurt a lot of people. Multiple personality is one thing but to get people emotionally distraught over a fake death is going too far.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Oh great- now I'm never going to get anything done! I had to log in to read the threads, but what a cool thing to know all is not lost.
Isn't it good to know that you willl always be a loud-mouth cunt and I will always love ya?!?

I am gonna go read some of that stuff later on tonight.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
And right there in paragraph #2 you summed up what my biggest beef with DMW/DAnny/Whoever-else-he-might-or-might-not-be was and is. The fake death. That hurt a lot of people. Multiple personality is one thing but to get people emotionally distraught over a fake death is going too far.

This is something I can readily understand. Even if you had an opportunity to read his letter of explaination, you may or may not have chosen to forgive him, and that's fine.

He was in New Orleans and his house got swept away in Katrina, which had him moving back to his Dad's house (and yes, I have spoken to his Dad now too). A few months later, in February, he went to the emergency room for a bruised foot, only to find that he had a rather severe case of diabetes, and within two days, his big toe was amputated (and yes, I saw that when he came to visit me). While in the hospital for that, he learned that his lover, who had refused to leave New Orleans had died, and it was just the straw that broke the camel's back. He posted the Kidbrotrouble thread from the hospital on his brother's laptop.

This place has been a big part of his life for a long time, but as it grew from a joke site to one more serious, he just never found a good time to come out that he was actually older and white. The things he wrote about himself were about who he was at that age, so most of it was at least true in a sense. The one avatar of him holding a barbell with a wife-beater on was him in his 20s, just not current. He wasn't hanging around to watch our grief, I think it was disbelief in a sense that so many people were so strongly affected. What he has told me since is that he was in such a dark place himself that he never even considered that other people had actual affection for him.

His original intention was to kill off Doublemeatwhopper without having to "confess" and just join again as himself. I kind of fucked that up.

I understand (as does he) if you don't find that an acceptable set of reasons, but where his head was at the time, he just wanted to take the easy way out. Everyone is free to feel however they do feel about that, but it seems time the whole board has the facts on which to make that determination.

dannymawg

Experimental Member
Media
A much appreciated explanation MZ. I've been wondering where this guy's head has been at during all this.

My mind is here, for tonight at least: bring him back. If he's to be on trial as he has been, has made such far-reaching contributions over and above Chase and Stronzo, if LPSG isn't the place for kissy-kissy huggy-huggy all the time (meaning: rational discussion)... bring him and only him back for the rest of the board to get all this from the horses' mouth - say maybe of only one post - allow him to rationalize publicly what he did to a forum so close to his heart to the forum itself, without it being diluted via only what the rest of us hear through his close friends and the mods. Another option would be to park the rationalization somewhere off-site for others to read.

I'm not comfortable with the above idea in light of the case that alex8 made, but one of the many eye-openers for me since joining is the rational discussion (which, in the name of progress, cannot always be comfortable - [jeez I didn't know I had so many eyes :tongue:]).

That rational discussion and the fact that you can look at naughty pics of who you're arguing with (save for spiker :rolleyes: ) is what LPSG is meaning to me at least...