What the hell is wrong with kids?

shad24

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Teen Accused Of Abusing Cat, Posting Video On Web

POSTED: 12:55 am EDT April 22, 2006

INDIANAPOLIS -- A 14-year-old Franklin Township Middle School student was arrested Friday on allegations she abused her family's cat and posted a video of the incident on the Internet.
Authorities said the video -- which the girl allegedly posted on MySpace.com -- shows that most of the cat was wrapped in cellophane, immobilizing the animal. The cat's head was not wrapped.
The video shows someone nudging or kicking the wrapped cat. Eventually, the cat was able to get its front legs free.

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
shad24 said:
Teen Accused Of Abusing Cat, Posting Video On Web

POSTED: 12:55 am EDT April 22, 2006

INDIANAPOLIS -- A 14-year-old Franklin Township Middle School student was arrested Friday on allegations she abused her family's cat and posted a video of the incident on the Internet.
Authorities said the video -- which the girl allegedly posted on MySpace.com -- shows that most of the cat was wrapped in cellophane, immobilizing the animal. The cat's head was not wrapped.
The video shows someone nudging or kicking the wrapped cat. Eventually, the cat was able to get its front legs free.

Hmmmm. Nothing humorous about that...

Irvy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Actually, there is some research that suggests that serial killers do start out by abusing small animals when they are children. Horrific.

shad24

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
There is another story here in Indy about guards abusing inmates at the Juve. center. In my opinion these little shits deserve anything they receive and much more.
If it's a mental thing, Lock them in a mental ward for 40 or 50 yrs.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
OK, so there are psychologically disturbed people, and some who have no respect for life, in every generation. How, though, does this warrant the hyperbolic generalization of the thread title: "What the hell is wrong with kids?".

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
Did you know cats are surprisingly good swimmers? We used to toss ours up high above the pool to watch him right himself and make a perfect four point water landing.

dudepiston

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'm a little confused here, too - who are the 'little shits' you're referring to? If it's the guards doing the abusing then yeh, I agree - if by 'little shits' you mean the inmates at the center, then that's a bit off, isn't it? Kids in juvie are 'getting what they deserve'; it's called being locked up.

shad24 said:
There is another story here in Indy about guards abusing inmates at the Juve. center. In my opinion these little shits deserve anything they receive and much more.
If it's a mental thing, Lock them in a mental ward for 40 or 50 yrs.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Man, I came here hoping to find out what was wrong with kids ... but all I'm left with is just a vague dissatisfaction.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Irvy said:
Actually, there is some research that suggests that serial killers do start out by abusing small animals when they are children. Horrific.

I sometimes frazzled ants with a magnifying glass when I was about 7 or 8. Maybe it's just taking longer than normal to take the next step. :rolleyes:

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Irvy said:

not to mention the Serial Karaoke Singers who began by tormenting their pets and fellow rug rats with song

:rolleyes:

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Matthew said:
Man, I came here hoping to find out what was wrong with kids ...

They don't do what they're told, they make a mess, they break things and they're small and thus easy to lose down the back of the sofa.

Also they torture innocent creatures, and often each other. Rather like grown ups really, though generally with less premeditation and fewer consequences.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
dong20 said:
they're small and thus easy to lose down the back of the sofa.

Thanks for the tip! I've been missing a few for a couple weeks now.

bigschlotsky

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What's wrong with kids is the way they're treated by adults. Kids who abuse animals are doing it to get a feeling of power because they feel powerless otherwise. Kids have tons of adults telling them what to do without ever listening to what they have to say - parents, relatives, teachers, clergy, etc, are all guilty of this. I'm reminded of a scene from Bowling for Columbine when a rock musician was asked what he would say to the Columbine perpetrators if he had a chance. He replied: "I wouldn't say anything. I would listen to what they had to say, because that's what no one did."

Honey_Grrrl83

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
As the mommy to a 10 year old Maine Coon kitty named Micheal this story chills me to the bone:mad: I've also lost a great childhood companion to animal abuse,he was a brown tabby cat named Cliff,and when I was 7 some neighbor kids kidnapped him and tortured him to death:mad: You would have to possess a truly warped,sick,mind to harm anything as defenseless as an animal:mad:

bigschlotsky

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Honey_Grrrl83 said:
You would have to possess a truly warped,sick,mind to harm anything as defenseless as an animal:mad:

Or a child. Dollars to donuts says most kids who abuse animals were themselves abused by their parents. The power game just gets passed down the social hierarchy. Abused kids feel powerless, and they abuse animals (or younger siblings) to get a sense of power.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Matthew said:
Thanks for the tip! I've been missing a few for a couple weeks now.

If you leave them long enough they will sometimes find their own way out and it saves the risk of damaging your new leather sofa. Either way by then they're all dirty and will probabaly mess up the carpet. Plus they will be hungry so you have to feed them. You could send them out to catch cats or something, they learn fast but they sometimes bring bits back in and though it's meant as a tribute to your dominance it leaves terrible stains.

Just give then £5 and send them to McDonalds...while you get back to the telly.