What to Do With Leftover Champagne

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What to Do With Leftover Champagne
Not just for drinking. (Tony Cenicola/The New York Times)

No matter how much you imbibe on New Year’s Eve, chances are you’ll have some already-opened bubbly still left over on the morning after.

While mimosas, bellinis and other champagne cocktails are always an option on New Year’s Day, a more-healthful choice may be to use the uncorked bubbly in creative home cooking. Champagne is an excellent accompaniment to seafood and salads, and several Web sites offer recipes for starting the new year in a healthy way.

MyRecipe.com offers seven things to do with leftover champagne, including a 10-minute dish, Scallops in Champagne Sauce.

Healthy Holidays 30 Days of Holiday Eating

A series of daily tips, tidbits and insights about holiday food.

Chef Bryan Voltaggio from Volt in Frederick, Md., suggests putting leftover champagne in an ice-cream maker. The resulting sorbet will have a bubbly effect and can be served atop raw oysters for brunch. He offers several more ambitious ideas as well at FrederickNewsPost.com.

The Galveston County Daily News offers recipes for a tantalizing dish of Gulf shrimp, curry powder, cilantro and champagne as well as champagne truffles and a champagne vinaigrette.

Planet Green suggests using leftovers to make champagne vinegar.
And Epicurious.com suggests using leftover champagne or any leftover white wine to cook mussels.

I must be a lush, I have never in my life had an open bottle of champagne leftover from any event. :redface: :cool:

During my Aunt Lilibet's wedding reception at his country house, my great uncle went upstairs to use a more private bathroom than the one guests were using and he opened the door to discover one of the waiters in a tub full of champagne, drunk off his ass, buck naked, and bottles everywhere. The boy was so startled and intimidated that he threw-open the window and jumped out onto the back porch roof where he climbed down an arbor and ran into the garage in front of a few hundred amused wedding guests who heard my great uncle shouting obscenities at the kid.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't usually have left overs, but it's a great rinse for blonde hair when it's flat.

Yeah, I am totally lost on the concept of leftover champagne. That's like people who put those stupid drink charms on their glasses. I don't think I have ever set a wine glass down long enough to be concerned it might get lost. :lmao:

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Champagne JELL-O shots are cool. But Malt Liquor and EVERCLEAR JELL-O shots are Rohypnol for the hot Straight Guy. :eek: We are talking... pass out. Ship them up in the UFO with the Aliens to get anal probed. Put them on the GRIFFON rollercoaster at Busch Gardens EUROPE. Bobby Blake 'em and put them to bed with sleeping Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders. And they'll wake up and be like :"DUUUUUUUDDDDEEE, those women were AWESOME." Hehehe.