what to do!

D_Hammond Happydipper

Account Disabled
Media
Should I just Buzz cut my hair and shave my face

right now I am dealing with Cow licks. such a pain in the ass...
If I do not cut it I will have to deal with it for another two months or so

starting school soon next week...:smile: so I am kinda stressed out about it..
it all ready grew about a 1" since I cut it 3 weeks ago.

Attachments

Last edited:

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I feel your pain man. I've got double cow licks. If I want to grow it much longer than a few inches, I must suffer thru months of really shitty looking hair. On top of that, its wavey and curly (think shirley temple). lol

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Should I just Buzz cut my hair and shave my face
starting school soon next week...:smile: so I am kinda stressed out about it..
it all ready grew about a 1" since I cut it 3 weeks ago.
I see an attractive guy in your photo. Can't see any reason why you would be stressed out about how you look. I find buzz cuts to be hot. Buzz your hair and shave on your first day of school. I'm sure that you'll get more than your share of admiring glances.

Brick7

Expert Member
Media
The dark conservative heart of Central California
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
it just makes things worse then there will be a spot with hair gel

plus I do not want my hair looking dull as it's very shiny & soft right now
Who cuts your hair? Ask them, they'll know what to do to tame cow licks.
As for hair gels, there are many different kinds. The cheap ones will make you look like you're trying out for the Danny Zuko role in "Grease". Some of the better hair gels look natural in your hair but still give you control over it. You just have to find the right one for you.

D_Hammond Happydipper

Account Disabled
Media
Who cuts your hair? Ask them, they'll know what to do to tame cow licks.
As for hair gels, there are many different kinds. The cheap ones will make you look like you're trying out for the Danny Zuko role in "Grease". Some of the better hair gels look natural in your hair but still give you control over it. You just have to find the right one for you.

I cut my own hair

Brick7

Expert Member
Media
The dark conservative heart of Central California
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I cut my own hair
You get what you pay for.:wink:
I'm assuming you don't use a Flowbee.
The hair in our beards wants to grow in a certain way. For example, on the right side of my jaw, I have a swirl/sworl pattern which means I can't just shave it the same way I shave the rest of my face because the facial hair is growing in a different direction there.
The hair on our head is similar. It wants to grow a certain way. Sometimes when you try to comb or brush your hair in a direction that's the opposite of the way it's growing, you will end up with a cow lick.
I used to have cow licks on the crown of my head and on the side where I parted my hair. Once I switched to a "Caesar"-type haircut (which was all the rage way back when "Friends" was on TV so I'm really hip now :biggrin1:), the cow licks disappeared.
I'd try a decent hair gel/mousse first since it's a much simpler solution. If that doesn't work, try a different hairstyle to see if that makes the cow licks disappear.