what to wear with a PA piercing to avoid extra bleeding

D_Poppy_Cocque

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I wore boxers (wore them before and still do now). Seems to keep you from getting "bound up" and keeps the pressure off. Wear loose clothing. Wait for about a month, no more bleeding after a few days. Heals pretty quickly. NO SEX for about 6 months while it heals.

B_thickjohnny

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I wore briefs - which was recommended by my piercer to help keep support while healing. I also had it wrapped with gauze and a rubber glove secured by a lose-ish rubber band (you don't want to cut off circulation). But I must say that I didn't wear really snug briefs because they just seemed to keep things too tight down there (I mean there was gauze and a rubber glove for heaven's sake).

I did that for about a week, I guess then gave up the glove and just had it wrapped in thin gauze until I got use to the sensitivity of having it there rubbing against my underwear.

At the moment, I LOVE freeballing and feeling the ring touch my pants as I walk. I started in December with a 12 ga ring and just moved up to a 6ga ring. I love it!

Enjoy and post some pics when you get a chance.

tbrguy

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When you say "extra" bleeding, what do you mean?

If it hasn't stopped - apart from after a shower etc - in a couple of days I'd get advice.

I wore a gauze dressing for about four or five days and followed the cleanliness regime recommended and never had any "extra" beleeding.

I'd get your piercer to take a look if you're worried.

jocker

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
nah i'm fine now my problem was wearing underwear when i went to bed and it was catching on my underwear and causing some minor bleeding so i just stopped wearing underwear to bed

jocker

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
here's a photo for you guys
557331-pa.jpg

Mogluver

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
how long should i wait till i gauge up to an 8?

If your a 10ga, I would wait about a month. The ring will stretch the hole naturally, get a curved horseshoe, easy on and easy off. I got my pa on a Saturday afternoon, wraped in gauze and the glove, then soaking all weekend every 3-4 hours in salt water, no bleeding after the next morning. Soaked it for 5 days or so, two or three times a day in a cup of salt water, and no problems. I have gauged up every 4-5 weeks, the skin stretches real easy for the larger size.

For the first bit of my apa healing, I wrapped some gauze and tape around the piercing before going to bed. I think it was for 4-5 days. The first couple nights I also found myself sleeping on my back. No underwear was really comfortable during the first week or so. Synthetic briefs were the best during the day. It was great to get home and into PJ bottoms at the end of the day. The only glove I used was for the trip back from the piercers.

Remember the sea salt soaks. Happy healing.

B_thickjohnny

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The pic looks great, Jocker!! At what size did he start you? I was started at a 12ga and within 8 weeks I was at 10 and now I'm at 8ga. I'm hoping to be to 6ga by October but that might be pushing it since I just got it in early December 2010.

I forgot to mention, when I first got mine I wore briefs to bed with my dick wrapped up. I tried a week later to sleep naked but that didn't work out well. I went back to briefs and light wrapping for a two more weeks. I always sleep naked and when I finally could it was strange because I knew it was there and could not lay directly on it. Even getting a boner I would have to push my cock to the side or down somehow. Now, I don't notice it anymore. So it takes time.

Last edited:

B_thickjohnny

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Great that he went with 10ga. I was started at 12ga for some reason. It should be just a few months before you're at 8. Tug at it occasionally. Not roughly while it's healing but just to start the stretching.

Pdick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Be cautious if it self stretches. If you go too heavy, it will migrate out and leave you with a meatotomy. Some people still have issues after going to titanium to alleviate the weight. This is pretty common, so just keep an eye on what your body is telling you.