What TV ad/commercial has made you laugh or cry?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I remember an old Bradlees commercial that made me laugh out loud when I first saw it.

It showed a guy outside on a grill cooking chicken and he said "no honey it's fine when it's a little pink in the middle"...The next scene was an ambulance blaring it's sirens as it pulls away from the house.

None have made me cry, but a sad one is the guy with the artificial voice box and the smoking and cancer warning.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This old man and old woman are getting ready for bed, you see an anniversary card, he lays a red silk nighty on the bed, scatters rose petals over the bed, it's obvious that after all their years together they're still as much in love as they ever were.
You see the same room, it's covered in ashes, the walls white and grey and black, it was an advert to check your electrical wiring, the old couple burned to death.
The first time I saw it I smiled at seeing them still in love, then it was almost like being hit in the guts when you find out they died, because somehow you'd come to like them in the few seconds before they died.

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The journey diamond commercials always make me cry, actually, they make me weep. I bought one after my daughter died to remind myself everytime I look at it that life is about the journey and our paths will meet again. It doesn't ease the pain, but it helps to just think of her waiting for me...free, no pain, no fear, no more brave fight on her behalf...but for me, I will keep fighting and striving to be the kind of woman that would honor her. The particular commercial I'm talking about has falling leaves and a song lyrics play "Where are you going the rest of your life...north, south, east and west of your life...." I just collapse into a ball of useless, quivering mass of I don't know what...it's not pretty...

goldeneye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I can't remember what the hell the commercial was for, but it ran a lot last year. This couple is buying a house, and they walk the woman's mother through the empty house to show it to her. They go into a room, I think, and she says, "Oh, well, what's this room gonna be for?" and they show her a picture of their baby's sonogram. And she gets teary-eyed and hugs them and then says with a cute little chuckle, "...So who's the father?" and they all laugh.

Fabulous.

Scorpiorising

1st Like
Media
There was a hallmark commercial in the 70's with pre-Facts of Life Nancy McKeon that was a real tear jerker. Gosh, I can't believe I remember that. I bet no one else does.

I got a kick out of that commercial with the guy with the prema-smile on his face that was knee deep in debt. Can't remember what company it was, but it was hilarious.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
So many commercials have made me laugh... I can't even count them all. Super Bowl, anyone? :smile:

A few commercials have made me cry, but one sticks out in my head more than any others because it was pretty popular while I was pregnant, and I used to BALL every time it came on television. I couldn't find it on YouTube, but it was about this woman and her son who bought a greeting card for the old lonely lady who lived across the street, and the little boy brought it over to her and her eyes just lit up when she read it. *sigh*

lemont77

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, I can't compete with the tear-jerkers, but I like the Blockbuster commercial from last year, where the rabbit and guinea pig are trying to use a "mouse" to access the web. I can't remember that last time I laughed that hard.

Take a look... YouTube - Blockbuster.com Superbowl Ad=

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well, I can't compete with the tear-jerkers, but I like the Blockbuster commercial from last year, where the rabbit and guinea pig are trying to use a "mouse" to access the web. I can't remember that last time I laughed that hard.

Take a look... YouTube - Blockbuster.com Superbowl Ad=

LMAO! OMG! I remember that from the Super Bowl. I totally almost peed my pants when I saw that! Thank you for bringing it up... GREAT commercial.

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The Crying Indian ad made me cry...but only because it scared the shit out of me.

One commercial that tugs my heart too hard is the Pedigree commercial where they take the perspective of a dog in an animal shelter. TOO SAD!

As far as knee-slappers, I'd have to say the indoor swap meet commercial that was all over the internet. "It's just like...it's just like...a mini-mall!"

Also, the Axe "Bom chika woh-wah" commercials slay me...especially the one where the girl in the grocery store wrecklessly pushes her wheelchair bound grandmother down an aisle once she smells the guy wearing axe

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Budweiser Dalmatian commercial
Budweiser Donkey

There is a Mc Donalds commercial which makes me weep every time. Young guy walks into Mc D's get's a breakfast biscuit and coffee to go and tells the cashier he is having breakfast with his daughter. Next scene he is standing in front of the window in the maternity ward looking at his new baby girl. I am such a sucker for that stuff.

That's a Hallmark commercial Meg. They almost always choke me up.

So many commercials have made me laugh... I can't even count them all. Super Bowl, anyone? :smile:

A few commercials have made me cry, but one sticks out in my head more than any others because it was pretty popular while I was pregnant, and I used to BALL every time it came on television. I couldn't find it on YouTube, but it was about this woman and her son who bought a greeting card for the old lonely lady who lived across the street, and the little boy brought it over to her and her eyes just lit up when she read it. *sigh*

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
For some reason the Iams ad with the guy who is standing at the front door yelling...

"MR. BARKY VON SCHNAUSER! MR. BARKY VON SCHNAUSER!"

That guy makes me laugh everytime.

That or any of the Red Stripe Lager ads. "HOORAY BEER!"