what type of bottled water are you?

tamati

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Honestly, I wish I could do that. However, the tap water here is HORRIBLE. They pretty much just strain it to get the rocks out, then chlorinate it to death to kill all the wigglies. It's revolting, especially because the majority of the water infrastructure here is roughly 80 to 100 years old.

Then, all the local pollution doesn't help, being at the southern tip of Lake Michigan, with several of the local rivers and streams that discharge into the lake, quite near the filtration plants being little more than open sewers.

There are much better filters out there than simple one stage carbon jobs.
Check out Reverse osmosis and multi stage filters, they can literally filter soupy pond water thats downhill from a 3 hole outhouse and make it better than most bottled water is.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I can understand people drinking bottle water if they live in a place with old and inadequate infrastructures. I'd do it too. In Vancouver we used to have beautiful water from a lake in the mountains above the city. The water is still the same stuff, but the authority decided to make it 'safer' and now for the past ten years it's over chlorinated and tastes like crap. Fortunately our place is outside of the GVRD and we have a well.

I don't quite understand the logic of bring water all the way some the South Pacific though. Seems kind of decadent. It can't that much better than the other brands.

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
tap water for still water.
and for sparkly water i like Topo Chico. i recycle the bottles, whether glass or plastic.
i only get bottled still water in times of necessity when i don't have access to tap.

Last edited:

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I am not a bottled water, I wouldn't even fit into a bottle.:biggrin1:

I drink tap water mostly, have bottles on hand of different sizes of Poland Spring and carry along bottles of whatever was on sale. Have to keep bottle on hand for the animals, never know when there will be a water main break and dirty water or no water. Use rainwater in barrels to help conserve and then water the garden with some of that but it's not enough for everything, have to be very selective.