What Warren Buffet REALLY said (clarified)

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
NOT IF THERE IS NO INSURANCE FOR PRIMARY CARE! NOT IF YOU CAN'T EVER TAKE MONEY OUT OF AN HSA FOR ANYTHING BUT MEDICAL CARE.

Case you couldn't hear.
I heard you just fine. Hsa's are not exactly a new idea:
HSAs: A Great Tax Shelter for Wealthy, Healthy People but Little Help to the Uninsured, Underinsured, and People with Medical Needs

VM -- HSAs: A Great Tax Shelter for Wealthy, Healthy People but Little Help to the Uninsured, Underinsured, and People with Medical Needs, Jul 05 ... Virtual Mentor

B_spiker067

Experimental Member
Media
I heard you just fine. Hsa's are not exactly a new idea:
HSAs: A Great Tax Shelter for Wealthy, Healthy People but Little Help to the Uninsured, Underinsured, and People with Medical Needs

VM -- HSAs: A Great Tax Shelter for Wealthy, Healthy People but Little Help to the Uninsured, Underinsured, and People with Medical Needs, Jul 05 ... Virtual Mentor

I've heard you just fine too. The part you don't get is that RICH PEOPLE WOULD HAVE TO SHOP FOR PRIMARY CARE TOO. No insurance for the hang nail doctors visit.

Rich people paying more for things leads to breakthroughs that in time become available to more people.

It seems obvious you believe rich people are for some reason undeserving of what they have. Why is that? You do know they aren't all Wall Street bankers. Some have built any number of humbler businesses up from the ground.

You do undertand that the HSA policy proposed here IS NOT the HSA policy that you have linked to? That therefore the analysis therein is IRRELEVANT.

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
NOT IF THERE IS NO INSURANCE FOR PRIMARY CARE! NOT IF YOU CAN'T EVER TAKE MONEY OUT OF AN HSA FOR ANYTHING BUT MEDICAL CARE.
So, we'll replace insurance agents giving us bad medical advice with investment bankers giving us even worse advice?

Sounds like a nice way to turn the tea parties into the tea riots.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It seems obvious you believe rich people are for some reason undeserving of what they have. Why is that? You do know they aren't all Wall Street bankers. Some have built any number of humbler businesses up from the ground.

So please... put a price tag on "rich". Just what kind of people are you talking about here?

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
^The rightwingers have previously defined the range of the middle class as being $1million to $5million a year... So, my guess is anyone who makes more than $5million a year would be considered 'rich'.

B_spiker067

Experimental Member
Media
So, we'll replace insurance agents giving us bad medical advice with investment bankers giving us even worse advice?

No, a savings account in a bank yields (0-6%).

This would NOT be an investment vehicle. It would be a tax free savings account whose funds could only ever be spent on health care and never to be withdrawn for any reason (other than perhaps tuition).

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight

This would NOT be an investment vehicle. It would be a tax free savings account whose funds could only ever be spent on health care and never to be withdrawn for any reason (other than perhaps tuition).

It's quite obvious that spiker067 doesn't have any money in a US bank. You might qualify for a mortgage loan at the moment for around 6%. But even long-term CDs are only reaping about 2.8 to 3.0%. Savings accounts -- when the planets are in alignment -- may garner 1.8%. Maybe somewhere there is a bank throwing 2% at their savings account clients. But good luck finding such a bank.

(Midlifebear under his breath: "Sheesh, where are the rocks these folks crawl out from under?"

B_spiker067

Experimental Member
Media
It's quite obvious that spiker067 doesn't have any money in a US bank. You might qualify for a mortgage loan at the moment for around 6%. But even long-term CDs are only reaping about 2.8 to 3.0%. Savings accounts -- when the planets are in alignment -- may garner 1.8%. Maybe somewhere there is a bank throwing 2% at their savings account clients. But good luck finding such a bank.

(Midlifebear under his breath: "Sheesh, where are the rocks these folks crawl out from under?"

If/when banks structure a savings account product for a re-imagined HSA you could get some interest. You might even __SHOP__ for a bank that would do this. I'm stunned that the 0% somehow goes ignored in your rebuttal.

If you were single young and healthy and accumulated $30K in a saving account someone would give you interest based on the fact you're young, healthy and can't spend the money on anything but healthcare (i.e. meaning the bulk of the money will likely sit for a while).

Exactly what kind of business (coven) are you proprietor (warlock) of anyways?:rolleyes:

Last edited:

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Oh ok... so bank accounts are administered by... who again?

Say it with me... B-a-n-k-e-r-s... :cool:

B_spiker067

Experimental Member
Media
talltpaguy said:

talltpaguy said:
Oh ok... so bank accounts are administered by... who again?

Say it with me... B-a-n-k-e-r-s... :cool:

Help yourself out and note that you stipulated investment banker originally.

Investment banking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It must really hurt to be you.:cool:

Ericsson1228d

Experimental Member
Media
Warren Buffet, the Oracle of Omaha, one of the richest men in the world says the bill should be scrapped because it does not address rising health care costs. He seems like the kind of guy who knows his way around a spreadsheet, maybe someone should listen?

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
^Maybe he should have run for Congress if he wanted to be in on the negotiations?

Help yourself out and note that you stipulated investment banker originally.

Investment banking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It must really hurt to be you.:cool:
Thanks for stipulating that my assertion was correct by refusing to rebut it, and instead focusing on semantics.

See how this works out so well for everyone? You can go to bed tonight knowing that you won a childish word game with some anonymous guy on the internet, and I'll go to bed knowing that my personal ideology is generally going to be the one the country is governed by for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:

B_spiker067

Experimental Member
Media
^Maybe he should have run for Congress if he wanted to be in on the negotiations?

Thanks for stipulating that my assertion was correct by refusing to rebut it, and instead focusing on semantics.

See how this works out so well for everyone? You can go to bed tonight knowing that you won a childish word game with some anonymous guy on the internet, and I'll go to bed knowing that my personal ideology is generally going to be the one the country is governed by for the foreseeable future.

"Thank you for stipulating that my assertion was correct by refusing to rebut it." ....!?!?!?

hahahaha.....

Do you even know that there is a difference between an ordinary run of the mill banker who opens and closes savings accounts and an investment banker? Plus when your pal Obama re-regulates Banking there will be an even bigger difference.

BTW, your ideology is borrowed. You don't have a single idea of your own.

Last edited:

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"Thank you for stipulating that my assertion was correct by refusing to rebut it." ....!?!?!?

hahahaha.....

Do you even know that there is a difference between an ordinary run of the mill banker who opens and closes savings accounts and an investment banker? Plus when your pal Obama re-regulates Banking there will be an even bigger difference.

BTW, your ideology is borrowed. You don't have a single idea of your own.
yeah, it's called typing on the fly. Oh noes, I injected the word 'investment' where it wasn't necessary!

ps... Your side can keep proudly winning these online word games, and my side will keep proudly repairing the nation your side almost destroyed.