What was the best field trip...

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
That you went on when you were in school? I remember lots of fun ones, but I think my favorite was in 8th grade when we drove to Branson, Missouri and went to Silver Dollar City for the day. We had to meet at the school at 6am, then we all boarded a bus (not a regular school bus, one of those nice Greyhound type buses) and drove the 3-4 hours to Branson. We spent the day there, then drove back, arriving back at the school around 10 or 11pm. That made for a long day, but it was still the most fun I've ever had on a field trip!!

Quite Irate

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
They always seemed to think that city kids needed to go on nature field trips for some sort of learning experience. I had intimate relations with other students more than once on those trips. It beat trying to find something to do in the woods while getting eaten alive by bugs of far too many varieties. I did go on a school trip to France, England, and Spain (don't ask me why they chose that combination) once, and it was lots of fun. Plus, it opened my eyes up to many different things, as it was the first time I had been anywhere other than the U.S. and Canada. Cost an effing fortune, though.

sdg475

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
The Renaissance Fair! Okay not really. All kidding aside, all of the class trips that I have been on were pretty lame: almost always to the dullest places imaginable, and we were still on a pretty tight leash. However, i'd have to say the one trip we took Mt. Bumblefuck (forget the name) was pretty entertaining. The location was boring, but we had the administrators and teachers on a wild goose chase. They gave each group a walky-talky...for lack of anything better to do we decided to hide and tell the chaperones that we got lost. We left vague clues as to where we were, and the chaperones tried to find us...once we felt they were far enough away we told them that we found our way back to the parking lot. Needless to say they were fairly pissed off, and I got in some trouble for that one...well worth it though!

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
For me it was field trips to science and history related attractions in the San Francisco Bay Area such as: The California Academy of Sciences with its aquarium and planetarium, the Army Corps of Engineers scale bay model in Sausalito, the Lawrence Berkley lab, the Exploratorium, Fort Point, the De Young museum, the SF Zoo, Stanford's linear accelerator, the Monterey Bay Aquarium, etc.

I just loved those places when I was a schoolboy. I was one of the few kids who actually read the exhibits and made an effort to learn about the various topics on display.

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
When I was a senior we went on a tour of the SC State Mental Hospital in Columbia. It was my first trip to the big city and I was really surprised by how friendly the people were, especially in the locked wards. They invited me to stay, and I almost did.

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When I was a senior we went on a tour of the SC State Mental Hospital in Columbia. It was my first trip to the big city and I was really surprised by how friendly the people were, especially in the locked wards. They invited me to stay, and I almost did.
This explains a lot.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
For me it was field trips to science and history related attractions in the San Francisco Bay Area such as: The California Academy of Sciences with its aquarium and planetarium, the Army Corps of Engineers scale bay model in Sausalito, the Lawrence Berkley lab, the Exploratorium, Fort Point, the De Young museum, the SF Zoo, Stanford's linear accelerator, the Monterey Bay Aquarium, etc.

I just loved those places when I was a schoolboy. I was one of the few kids who actually read the exhibits and made an effort to learn about the various topics on display.

I remember the trips to the Academy of Sciences, the Exploratorium, the museum, zoo... we also went up in the Transamerica Pyramid. I'd never been in a building that tall before. I'll never forget the butterflies in my stomach as the elevator went higher and higher. Everyone and everything seemed so small when I summoned the courage to look out the window and down. Kinda scary and exhilarating for a 10 year-old.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
My best field trip ever was in elementary school. It was to the Sandia Peak Tramway, northeast of Albuquerque. It was the single most exciting, thrilling and scary experience of my life. I remember the wonderful feeling of weightlesness experienced midway through the ride when you pass over the support tower. I remember the canyon and the trees below. When we reached the top we spent the luch hour at the restaurant up there and had a chance to look at the valley down below through the observation deck binoculars. I remember wishing I had more money so I could look through the binoculars longer. The ride down was just as exciting. I've never been there since, unfortunately. I remember it well, though!

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Sixth grade (one of seven grades including kindergarten in our ancient school building in upstate New York). Mrs. Brewster took us downtown (*snicker*) to the Babcock Theater (wooden floor, wooden folding seats) to see that new movie "The Spirit of St. Louis" with James Stewart. I identified with that fly in the cockpit.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My favorite field trip didnt happen until grad school (yeah, we even took field trips then). We went on a tour throughout VA,NC,SC looking at Plantation excavations. That particular summer, it was over a hundred everyday and we were out in the hot sun. I could just begin to get a taste of what life must have been like before any type of air conditioning. It was and awesome experience.

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I guess my favorite happened my freshman year in college. I joined the student branch of the IEEE (Institute of electrical and electronic engineers). We went on a field trip one saturday, to the Grand Coulee dam. We got special access, so we got to go deep in the bowels where the general public never got to go. THey were just finishing the new side extension for power generation, so they had the huge generator rotors out of the stator. SInce 9/11, NOBODY from the public is allowed such access anymore, so it was a once in a lifetime experience. Yes, I know, I'm a geek--it has been well established here already:tongue: