what was the reason why you broke up with your last relationship?

B_quietguy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
We just weren't compatible. She wanted a different kind of relationship than what I wanted. She wanted more closed and to say who I else I could date and I wanted a more open relationship that did not allow veto power over who dated whom.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
i was peter pan. she was wendy lady. i preferred to exit the nursery through open windows. she went the old fashion way, she grew up.

she wanted to get more stable.. the move in, the buy a couch together.. have a dinning room table instead of pool table salvaged from a bar closing.

i still love her to death. enough to stop being a selfish little ass and accept that our lives weren't on the same field trip. i wish her the best in all thing, and that she gets everything out of life she needs or wants.

i am very lucky she's still one of my best friends. i get to talk to her at least once a week :biggrin:

eta: totally my fault... really, she is grace and wit in retro fashion. if there was ever a reason to stop chasing pirates, she was it.

Last edited:
A

AM_092

Forgot my birthday, stood me up at dinner, didn't call or text... didn't let me dump him and we dragged on for the next 4 weeks (without even seeing me). So I ended up dumping him via text message.

Man-thango

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I thought I was in a happy relationship for nearly three years. I was unhappy with the lack of spontaneity in our relationship and the fact he was trying to make me more conservative like him. Truth is I couldn't keep my dick in my pants because of this. He knew I was unfaithful and consistently told me that I had a sexual addiction. He tried to force me to get help. During this time he refused to have sex with me because of the fact I had sex with people other than him turned him off. Months later he found out I was having an emotional affair after reading a text that was sent accidentally to him. Then he ended it. It took all of that drama to make me realize I'm better off alone.

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
After more than 30 years in the "BI closet" together, I wanted to come out, breath, and live life
without hidding, keeping separate apartments, taking "different" vacations that were actually
taken "together", keeping track of the lies and the deceptions that were done constantly to keep
others from discovering the secret that we were partners. I just wanted to be myself for a
changem without worrying about what others thought, or if they would find out. He was happy
with the status quo, and so saw no reason to change our arrangements and refused to change.
Even after years of promising me that he would someday be comfortable enough to consider
changing.

I finally gave up and said goodbye. I am not angry with him...he just did not have the desire to
do things differently. We are still best friends. It was a difficult thing for me to do, but I bit the
bullet and did it. I still only have one leg and foot out of the closet...a big step even for me, but
I can smell the freedom, so I am sure it will take place eventually.

I am now in a new relationship with a man much younger than I. He never went through all the
restrictions, taboos, and shame that that former partner and I experienced in our past.
He is willing to to be patient and to help me through this change....we will work it out together.

Last edited:

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
We were only exclusively dating one another for 3 months and for the last 6 weeks he didn't have sex with me. He kept standing me up, and he stopped taking about half of my phone calls. He was being extremely incondisderate towards me.

Meanwhile, TheBoyfriend was right there, always around and so hot, sweet, smart, charming, and funny. I was constantly tempted to just grab him and have my way with him. He made it really clear without ever saying the words that he wanted me to do exactly that.

Three months after we began dating, my boyfriend and I were having a fight over not taking my calls while I was driving and I had just had enough. He was treating me badly all the time, he didn't seem to want me, and there were other men who seemed much more interested. I ended it. About 5 seconds after I felt the relief from having ended that relationship, I decided I was going to have TheBoyfriend.

And I did.

A puzzling end, my last ex-boyfriend seemed to bitter that I ended our relationship. I still don't understand that. He didn't seem to want to be in a relationship with me. We still interact socially and we're civil towards one another, but we really aren't what I would consider friends. He seems to like TheBoyfriend 10x better than he likes me.

D_Blu_Boy

Just Browsing
Media
We never spoke. He ignored me constantly and even when we did get to talk or spend time together it was like he was in a completely different world or something. I'd have to force conversation and force meeting times so it just really wasn't working out.
I ended it but it was totally his fault.

green carnation

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
it was definately all his fault then!

I thought I was in a happy relationship for nearly three years. I was unhappy with the lack of spontaneity in our relationship and the fact he was trying to make me more conservative like him. Truth is I couldn't keep my dick in my pants because of this. He knew I was unfaithful and consistently told me that I had a sexual addiction. He tried to force me to get help. During this time he refused to have sex with me because of the fact I had sex with people other than him turned him off. Months later he found out I was having an emotional affair after reading a text that was sent accidentally to him. Then he ended it. It took all of that drama to make me realize I'm better off alone.