What was your clitoris for?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was inspired by this thread. :rolleyes:

What did you think your clitoris was for before you actually knew?

I don't remember. I can't even remember when I found out what it was for, or that it felt good to rub.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was pretty young when I first even heard the word. Maybe I was 7 or 8. I was at my best friend's house, and she suddenly asked her mother what the word meant. Her mother gave us an excellent explanation of its location, but we were puzzled. She had just gotten out of the tub and was washing it at the time. She stopped what she was doing to point out hers since we were still asking questions, and told us we should try to find our own next time we bathed. Once I'd seen hers, I knew I'd seen others, and my own already. She neglected to tell us it had any sexual purpose. In retrospect, it would have been better if we'd asked my mother. At my house, ,there was a set of encyclopedia, and my mother would have been more forthcoming about the sensitive nature of the area. She'd already had one masturbation discussion with me by then because I was precocious.

Before I get any static about whether or not it is appropriate that this woman showed us her clitoris, I just want to say that she wasn't some random parent-of-a-friend, but that she was very involved in my upbringing, and a legitimate mother-figure in my life until the day she died. As a child I felt very comfortable knocking on her bathroom door and disturbing her bath. I was not conditioned to be uptight about female nudity in the absence of males.

Empathizer

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I used to think (thanks to a crappy diagram somewhere and a careless comment by a pediatrician checking for abnormalities that he wanted to see "if the spout was to the side or something like that, okay?" -- the hood looks like a spout on me, so...?) that urine exited between the hood and the clitoris. I had never looked while I cleaned there or anywhere else except my toes (too busy singing "Singin' In The Rain" and "You Are My Sunshine" *blushes*) so I hadn't seen that there isn't a hole there, and the urethra is totally hidden almost inside the vaginal opening. The edition of "I'm OK, You're OK" I read later didn't help at all either. It said "the clitoris is hidden within the folds of the labia. Sometimes it isn't even visible." I figured it must be inside the labia (like, you would need to x-ray the labia to see it, unless it was swollen, in which case it would be a little bump on the inside of them. Or something to that effect.).

Then, much later, I found the courage to look in one of my dad's medical texts (he's a gynecologic oncologist), and it had a photograph and a decent, detailed explanation. It was from a time when pretty much only men were physicians and written by a fairly progressive-minded man, so it had the phrase, "glories of the clitoris, employed by the user" in it, which felt like a compliment to me at the time.

Last edited:

molotovmuffin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hell... I still don't know what it is or what it's for. All I know is that there's more to down there than just "it". ;)

voidout

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i was very young when i discovered my clitoris. probably only about seven or eight.
i don't know why, and obviously didn't know what i was actually doing (masturbating)...i just remember that i had touched it once, and i liked the way it made me feel like i had to pee. lmao. so i kept touching it after that, knowing it felt good, but not really knowing why.

i don't know where it stemmed from.
it kind of bothers me when i think about it.

voidout

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I used to think (thanks to a crappy diagram somewhere and a careless comment by a pediatrician checking for abnormalities that he wanted to see "if the spout was to the side or something like that, okay?" -- the hood looks like a spout on me, so...?) that urine exited between the hood and the clitoris. I had never looked while I cleaned there or anywhere else except my toes (too busy singing "Singin' In The Rain" and "You Are My Sunshine" *blushes*) so I hadn't seen that there isn't a hole there, and the urethra is totally hidden almost inside the vaginal opening. The edition of "I'm OK, You're OK" I read later didn't help at all either. It said "the clitoris is hidden within the folds of the labia. Sometimes it isn't even visible." I figured it must be inside the labia (like, you would need to x-ray the labia to see it, unless it was swollen, in which case it would be a little bump on the inside of them. Or something to that effect.).

Then, much later, I found the courage to look in one of my dad's medical texts (he's a gynecologic oncologist), and it had a photograph and a decent, detailed explanation. It was from a time when pretty much only men were physicians and written by a fairly progressive-minded man, so it had the phrase, "glories of the clitoris, employed by the user" in it, which felt like a compliment to me at the time.

yeah, i had to ask my mom at 16 where the penis went because i didn't know there was a hole in my vagina, and i was too embarrassed to ask my health teacher and say "i don't get the diagram." i had never even took the hand mirror to myself, like you said not even in the shower, until last year. lmao. i didn't even realize where my period came out of. i thought it came out of my urethra.

Sassy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
We had a precocious older sister who told us about all the female organs. When I got older, I looked up sexual reproduction in a medical encyclopedia, and learned the scientific terms for my stuff. :tongue:

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media

it should still feel like a compliment : o )

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
i never knew what it was for. all i remember was that when i touched it, like while washing in the shower, it was extremely sensitive. it wasn't until i was in my teens that i finally figured out what the clit's purpose is!

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
i never knew what it was for. all i remember was that when i touched it, like while washing in the shower, it was extremely sensitive. it wasn't until i was in my teens that i finally figured out what the clit's purpose is!

ok now be honest, did you tell all your friends