What we face...

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by GottaBigOne, Feb 6, 2006.

1. GottaBigOne

Gold Member

Albums:
    http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=4558

This whole thing about the Danish cartoons are possibly the scariest part about this clash we have between the west and Islam. Be prepared for a hotter Cold War.

2. madame_zora

Gold Member

In light of our current administration's stance on free speech here, I am not eager to hear their response to this. I have no doubt we will cave.

3. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Funny thing about these Muslims and especially the "muslim" extremists: What an uproar over some "offensive" Danish cartoons. I read quotes from several Muslim clerics with quotes like "Can a person run into a crowded theater and yell 'fire'? Well, they can, but probably shouldn't" and also "These people need to be more sensitive when they talk about Islam."

Uh, correct me if I'm wrong, but do they not say much worse things about westerners, any westerners, and any faith other than their own, each and every day? Do they not bomb and kill for less? What godamn fuckin slimy hypocritical cowards.

4. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    yeah, clearly videotaped decapitations are much more acceptable

seriously, fuck islam right in the ass with a giant rubber donkey dong. it's like christianity redux, they all need to die.

5. RideRocket

Gold Member

The true face of Islam's intolerance shows itself with the massive riots and violence because of a few cartoons. Even more distressing is the lack of condemnation from other clerics and imams. While there may be a few who are against the violence, the majority remain silent which implies consent.

6. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

I'm of two minds on this point.

No question, the Muslims in the middle east who are protesting these cartoons need to look in the mirror. Take a look at the cartoons in Saudi or other mideast newspapers - they routinely juxtapose swastikas with Jewish symbolism, which is probably the most offensive combination possible (if you're Jewish). To then turn around and demand the removal of images offensive to Muslims is patently hypocritical.

On the other hand... it seems to me that the Mohammed-with-bomb cartoons are more intended as a provocation than as political commentary. Not that provocation doesn't have a purpose, of course. But the 'toons are much better at outraging Muslims than they are at pointing out the link between fundamentalist Islam and terrorism (which was pretty damn obvious anyway. Has the cartoonist been under a rock for the last 20 years?).

Anyway, let them boycott away. I'd suggest that we boycott the main export of the middle east in return, but apparently we're "addicted".

7. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I guarantee all the ones in London went to collect welfare after the rally.

8. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

on religion:

1. Read the Quran.
    2. Go find somebody who lives by it.

when you get back from your fruitless search:

1. Read the Bible
    2. Find somebody who lives by it.

When you get back from your fruitless search:

Seek an understanding of the universe independent of what other people say about it. That should keep you busy minding your own for a while.

i'm through preaching, now. I'm going to go get drunk and screw. I'll bring the beer. Any volunteers? (bats eyes at BronxBombshell, Mme. Zora, and ClaireTalon)

9. Shelby

Gold Member

I welcome this kind of shit. The more Islam outs itself the sooner the West will quit being so tolerant and do something about it.

Screw cultural diversity and moral relativism.

Once those fuckers start to realize the gloves are coming off they'll be singing a brand new tune.

10. Dr Rock

Gold Member

welcome to modern western media. yes, it's all a load of horseshit, but i'd rather have money-grubbing media corporations producing horseshit i'm free to ignore, than a theocratic government enforcing horseshit i'm compelled to absorb under threat of torture and mutilation.

how pathetic is it to wear a dishcloth on your head and carry a poster reading "SLAY THOSE WHO INSULT ISLAM." if these twats had any genuine conviction, they'd be riding camels down the street wielding scimitars and doing the slaying themselves. now that i could respect them for (albeit posthumously).

11. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

We should have Gillette bomb the Arab world with Fusion's and Mach 3's so all of them won't look like motherfucking Chewbacca, including the women.

12. B_horribleperson

B_horribleperson New Member

BAN ALL RELIGION
    then people can kill eachother over real reasons:

like the color of your skin or where your from.
    not over something stupid like my fake man in the sky is better then your fake man in the sky

13. GottaBigOne

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yes, this has revealed a fundamental hypocrasy within Islam. The ironic thing is, they are "protesting" against a depiction of the Prophet Muhamed with a bomb in his turban (apparently equating him with violence) by becoming violent!!! If there wasn't murder involved it would be laughable.

And if they aren't protesting against the "disresectful" aspect of the cartoon and just the fact that there was a depiction at all (which is blasphemous) then by becoming violent they are attempting conversion by force, they are trying to make us follow the laws of islam by force. Truly scary.

14. madame_zora

Gold Member

Are you kidding? After that post, I'm all yours. *lies flat on back in anticipation*

15. madame_zora

Gold Member

What's scary to me is my lack of faith in this government to stand up to anything. Pussy mother fuckers.

16. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    They've been fighting for years.
    I'ts what theyre born to do.

The U.S. should just let them cut their own throats and stay out of it.

No matter what you do, it will slowly revert back to the way it was for the last 4000 years....

C

17. Dr Rock

Gold Member

this is true; arabs have historically proven themselves incapable of growing the fuck up and learning to deal with the real world. why do you think the jews had to quit jerusalem in the first place?

18. Webster

Webster New Member

19. GottaBigOne

Gold Member

Albums:
    Thank you. It isn't that off topic, because some people have said I look like Osama Bin Laden with a good shave..

20. madame_zora

Gold Member

Fucking hilarious, I'm gonna have to find a picture of him now.

Draft saved Draft deleted