HickBoy said:
on religion:

1. Read the Quran.
2. Go find somebody who lives by it.

when you get back from your fruitless search:

1. Read the Bible
2. Find somebody who lives by it.

When you get back from your fruitless search:

Seek an understanding of the universe independent of what other people say about it. That should keep you busy minding your own for a while.

i'm through preaching, now. I'm going to go get drunk and screw. I'll bring the beer. Any volunteers? (bats eyes at BronxBombshell, Mme. Zora, and ClaireTalon)

Amen! Thank god for you, Hickboy.

"What we face": http://www.reandev.com/taliban/

I know who the bigger threat to me is.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Literal Biblical intepretations are just as crazy (in this day and age) as Muslim teachings (or rather, how they are interpreted and preached by man). Both books contradict themsleves within their own pages.

This "religious" argument that "my fucked up shit is better that your fucked up shit" is inescapably insipid.

Dorset

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
DC_DEEP said:
Funny thing about these Muslims and especially the "muslim" extremists: What an uproar over some "offensive" Danish cartoons. I read quotes from several Muslim clerics with quotes like "Can a person run into a crowded theater and yell 'fire'? Well, they can, but probably shouldn't" and also "These people need to be more sensitive when they talk about Islam."

I have to say that I agree with the Muslim cleric on this point, I don't think the cartoon should have been published because it's needlessly offensive.

However the response has been disgusting, the worst bit is that a great deal of these rioters have never even seen the cartoons they're protesting about :shocked1:

Also, some of you might have seen the picture of the guy who dressed up as a suicide bomber at the protest. He was vilified in the media so he gave an interview to plead his innocence; his defence - he lives in a free country and can dress however he choses!! That is so hypocritical it makes me want to laugh and be sick at the same time

Dorset

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lex said:
This "religious" argument that "my fucked up shit is better that your fucked up shit" is inescapably insipid.

To be honest, when you put it like that it makes much more sense, I might convert :smile: