What were they thinking

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by dong20, Apr 7, 2007.

1. dong20

Gold Member

2. D_Aston Asstonne

D_Aston Asstonne Account Disabled

dude!this site is about well hung guys,big dick experiences.enlargement etc.world politics is not a hot topic here.:rolleyes:

3. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

I beg to differ, yadevavhah. Et Cetera, Et Cetera was set up for just that kind of hot button topic where no-holds-barred discussion may take place

4. dong20

Gold Member

See post above, and my name's not dude.:rolleyes:

5. HotBulge

Gold Member

Albums:
    Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
    Oddly enough, sometimes posting can be overkill given the discussion occuring at the time. We had 2 or 4 threads going on arguing for or against the Bush administration. (... a battle against the march of the inflammatory trolls). If this coincident development were added to those discussions, it only would have given the trolls more fuel.

Yep, there are some striking contrasts to be made with how the British soldiers were treated vs. the Guantanamo and Abu Graib detention centers. If you capture 15 British soldiers (people that Bush can most readily identify with), we get an international scandal in a matter of days. The White House calls it "a hostage crisis". Yet, if you have 50x that number of British soldiers in Iraq held at Guantanamo, the White House deems it as necessary to fight terror - still, after 5 years... (... Even with the antics of Iran's Ahmadinejad?? , I'm glad to see the British troops have been returned, though, without a military fall-out).

Apparently, no one advised Bush to refrain from comment to prevent criticism about Guantanamo...

6. B_big dirigible

B_big dirigible New Member

Just so long as it's suitably leftocentric. Otherwise, "discussion" is probably not le mot juste.

7. B_big dirigible

B_big dirigible New Member

It looks like a very straightforward news account. Where do you see anything which would appeal to the anti-Bush rantbots?

8. dong20

Gold Member

Nothing specific in that article but the reason I mentioned a little surprise was because it related to Iran, UN sanactions and thus [indirectly] Nukes all of which attracted much previous comment here, and when Bush put in his 2p still no one commented.

I guess I shouldn't have been because when it does not directly concern US citizens or corrupt US politicians few here pay attention.:rolleyes:

9. madame_zora

Gold Member

I am glad the British soldiers were returned unharmed. The US does not hold a patent on propaganda, other nations do it just as much.

Despite the anti-American sentiments I have posted in recent years, it's not because I think the other nations in this war are better, most of them are actually quite a bit more violent. The thing I'M mad about is that I hold US (pun intended) to a higher standard, and I think we're actually capable of achieving that standard.

We're performing below potential, and it just doesn't have to be that way.
    We bring shame on ourselves when we employ the tactics of barbarians, and for that there really is no justification.

10. dong20

Gold Member

Very true, saddest thing is that many of their citizens don't see it for what it is, propoganda.

I've expressed plenty myself, well not so much anti-American as anti-American policy, I also hold my own nation to a higher standard than many of those we're embroiled with, otherwise why are we even having such discussions as this. Whether that standard is acheivable.....

Again, this is not something the US has a monopoly on. The delusional attitude of politicians, our increasing cynicism and collective intransigence as humans is responsible for the mess[es] our societies are becoming. I don't know how to reverse that trend, but I do know that in recent years I wake up feeling positive far less often than I recall doing so in the past, and when I do I seldom go to bed feeling the same way.

11. Heather LouAnna

Gold Member

Albums:

N00b

12. madame_zora

Gold Member

Draft saved Draft deleted