What white people like

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Personally, I can't believe how many people are hating on "stuffwhitepeoplelike.com" especially those of caucasian descent. Mainly because the brunt of the contributors of the site just happen to be "white."

It's a satyrical look at things we as Americans in upper-middle class have taken a liking to. It just so happens that the majority of caucasian people in America are upper-middle class, therefore the things of the upper-middle class are also associated with "stuff white people like."

Alot of people eat chicken, smoke menthol cigarettes and listen to rap music...but you know who the poster people for those things are. We all do.
You make a very good point. however threads like this are created to cause nothing but trouble and hate. Ive spoken out countless times at what i consider degrading threads about black people. Ive also spoken out against the gay bashing that goes on. We need to move away from threads like this. Lets stop trying to lable eachother. Lets focus at whats in someones heart a little more. A little more love and less hate. Lets have some fun. This isnt fun.:cool:

D_Juan_Grande

Account Disabled
Media
You make a very good point. however threads like this are created to cause nothing but trouble and hate. Ive spoken out countless times at what i consider degrading threads about black people. Ive also spoken out against the gay bashing that goes on. We need to move away from threads like this. Lets stop trying to lable eachother. Lets focus at whats in someones heart a little more. A little more love and less hate. Lets have some fun. This isnt fun.:cool:

Spot on man!! I'm with you on that

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
i still don't understand the point of this thread. maybe i should start my own thread called "what asian people like" and post images of hello kitty and thai iced tea.

The thread is point to a blog (see the link in the OP) that is a joke blog - that's why vis posted it - he saw it and thought it was funny I guess. It's not a thread about what white people like, it's just athread pointing to a mock blog; a mlog (?).

I can't understand why anyone thinks it's funny, coz it's not. what colour has to do with anything is any ones guess

That's the joke - colour has nothing to do with these things - it's generalising / stereotyping - it's a lowest common denominator type humour, but when aimed at a non-minority (especially one I happen to be part of, I guess) I find it funny. It's like the 'why a beer is better than a woman' joke or whatever... just relax. It's not a biggie...

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm white, and I like fried chicken.

I like sushi, too.
Doesn't matter, it is blatently a racist comment and isn't welcome here. What is colour anyway????
I'm constantly amazed by people who have been here a week, and are experts on what is welcome on LPSG, and what is not.

D_Juan_Grande

Account Disabled
Media
I'm white, and I like fried chicken.

I like sushi, too.I'm constantly amazed by people who have been here a week, and are experts on what is welcome on LPSG, and what is not.
Oh im sorry ( not ). Just because I have only been here a week doesn't mean that I'm not allowed an opinion does it.

HamYai

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
"Being a truly advanced white person means being able to speak with authority about pretty much any field of conversation- especially politics. In order for white people to streamline the process of knowing everything, all human beings can be neatly filed into one of two categories: People I Agree With, and People Who are Just Like Adolf Hitler."

Winner #4 Stuff White People Like

I've not read the rest of this thread cuz, I may be wrong, but 'though I'd discuss Garibaldi and Bourbon and Stalin and stuff wiv you any day''.....

........your initial sentence (not even the paragraph) has alienated me.

So fuck off.

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The only reason threads like this cause trouble is because people dont go with the joke! They deliberately get all huffy and twist the intent just to turn it into a negative force. A joke is a positive force! Dont exploit it to spout your PC crap.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Purple?????? It's lilac lol

Sounds like somebody's in denial about their heritage (tried to find a way to integrate the word "purple" into "heritage" and came up with nothing.

The only reason threads like this cause trouble is because people dont go with the joke! They deliberately get all huffy and twist the intent just to turn it into a negative force. A joke is a positive force! Dont exploit it to spout your PC crap.

I'm sorta with you, sorta not. Depending on the person, this can be used to offend or to make people laugh. I know white people who email this to all their friends and they all get a kick out of it. The people who are offended by it aren't without merit because it's clearly discriminatory.

I've read all the lists, black people like... educated black people like... white people, and to me there

It's cultural humor, the jokes wouldn't be relevant if there weren't some level of truth to them. The stereotypes were not pulled out of people's asses, they're humorous exaggerations of culture. Maybe some people are too busy trying to figure out why the chicken crossed the road to recognize the satire.

Last edited:

griplock22

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
jesus christ, people need to lighten up. if the world goes the way its heading no one will be allowed to laugh about anything soon enough.
it was CLEARLY a joke, and everyone with half a brain can tell its a joke!
its not inciting racism at all...if people responded the way one should do to a joke then it would be fine.

exactly!, it only creates argument because people argue that the OP is doing a terrible thing by pointing out a satirical website.

calm down world!

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
^Satire flies over many people's heads because their mind can't dissociate the cultural aspect, the prejudicial aspect and the irrelevance of individualism or pride in your heritage. Some of us play chess, most of us play checkers.

It's a thin line though, because the humor here mirrors the early Warner Bros. cartoons that were clearly intended to typecast and disrespect blacks. For me, the difference is my assumption of the author's intent.

The average person doesn't pay enough attention to realize how much we stereotype one another. Look at the Little Mermaid. While most of the characters speak proper English, one of the few "ethnic" characters is a Caribbean crab who sings about the joys of a carefree life of unemployment and laziness. Hmmm.

Last edited:

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Marley, I agree that its all about intent. Intent intent intent! If you dont think the author is being deliberately provocative then why go on the attack? Its just shit stirring!

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oh im sorry ( not ). Just because I have only been here a week doesn't mean that I'm not allowed an opinion does it.
No, you are more than welcome to your opinion... as I am welcome to mine.

And I'm not saying that veteran members have any more or less "rights" on this site than newer members. I'm just saying it's a bit ridiculous for you to make proclamations about what's acceptable or not, on a site you know very little about.

It may be unacceptable to you, but that does not mean it's unacceptable on this site. You are not our censor.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah, yeah, it's been dead a week, I know. It's been bugging me.

Hypersensitivity peeve here.

Where, precisely, is the racism in this joke?

I'm guessing feathers are being ruffled over the "advanced white people" portion.

What's the big deal? When I read that I'm reading it as 'white people who are more advanced than other white people'. The same way when people speak of advanced civilizations they are speaking of civilizations which are more advanced than others.

When doctors speak of advanced stages of cancer they are differentiating from earlier stages of cancer. They are not discriminating against strokes or heart attacks.

If you're reading "advanced white people" as meaning white people are more advanced than anyone else, I think that interpretation speaks to your own hypersensitivity rather than to the statement actually written.

Only white people are being mentioned in the joke and they are being made fun of by other white people. Where is the racism in that?

The latest stage of affirmative action, maybe? Were other groups under-represented in being made to look stupid?

Perhaps I'm just being too Hitler-like.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
I didn't look at the link. I was just curious as to why it would get three pages of response. Who knows why the OP even started this thread. It may have been to see what kinds of reactions they could get. They may not even be white themselves. For all we know, it could be Barney's evil twin the polka dotted dinosaur.