What women want

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
First of all, you are SO far away from ugly the "U" can't even get near you, so stop with that, and Im not trying to stroke your ego!
Secondly, we all have our battle scars and cynicisms, but we need remember to not attach them to everyone or as better said: "Sometimes we stare so long at a door that is closing that we see too late the one that is open."
Alexander Graham Bell

the right woman doesn't care the size of your package, tho why you are so concerned about it is beyond me- Its the man that carries the package who is important. If what you are inside, Viking is half as good as you outside, you are indeed a hell of a man.

And yes Lee, thats EXACTLY what I meant! I met a guy online and never knew what he looked like til we decided to meet in person. I wouldn't have looked at him twice in a crowd, but after knowing him from online and the phone, and he had attracted me so much with his depth of emotion and his intelligence, when I looked at his photo,and then he himself, all I saw was someone who I found incredibly sexy and attractive and wanted to boink immediately.:biggrin1:
Sadly, that didnt happen as he did not exactly feel the same!! Oh the humiliation! But still, it doesnt change my preferences as far as what I really want in a guy. I DON'T want to be bowled over by his looks or his cock, not at first! I want the guy, not the picture postcard. I guess thats what I mean.:biggrin1:

Thanks, I needed that. I don't think anybody has to worry about stroking my ego...I am not sure I actually have one anymore.

I don't understand why that guy you met didn't feel the same way you did either. I think he made a BIG mistake. I know I have made too many to even begin to count.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
FIRST IMPRESSIONS

In order to make my response as useful as possible, I'm discovering I need to separate it into 2 posts. This one is about first impressions.

Although I'm not "in the market," I still look at (and get to know) men, and I'm far more attracted to some than others. I'll start by saying that looks do matter.

They aren't the be-all, end-all for me, but physical appearance is most often what opens the door. It's the thing that draws me in and makes me want to explore further. Of course, sometimes I meet a man who I wouldn't have given a second look, and his personality makes him just as attractive.

In terms of looks, I'm not at all hooked on "classically handsome." Even if I have never spoken to a man, I can tell a lot just by watching the way he carries himself or behaves in public.

If I see a very handsome man, but he has a look of extreme arrogance and self-importance, he immediately loses my interest. If I see a very handsome man behaving rudely to someone, he immediately loses my interest.

If I see a "regular guy" type, even if he is just "average" or somewhat above average in the looks department, he still has my initial attention. I look to see if he has good posture -- if he slouches I think he might be too insecure for my tastes. I look to see if he seems angry or resentful. I find a frowny-faced man to be off-putting -- he is likely to be a complainer or the type of person who believes life has shat upon him. Such people aren't much fun to be around. On the other hand, if he seems to be a confident, kind, and generally positive person, he will attract my interest even if he isn't "conventionally" handsome.

There's also a third type, which is a "man doing something interesting." If I happen to catch you doing (or saying) something sufficiently interesting, I will look at you no matter how attractive or unattractive you happen to be. Interesting things can include (but are not at all limited to): playing a musical instrument, singing, creating or having created art, browsing a section in a bookstore that reflects my specific interests, giving money to a stranger in need or helping an injured animal, disabled person, or child (you can win me over almost instantly if I see you doing any of those things...), delivering an interesting speech, demonstrating exceptional or unique taste in clothing, posting intelligent, witty things to a message board:wink: , taking the lead in a crisis, having the courage to be "real" and vulnerable in a group situation (I'm reminded of some men I've met on yoga and meditation retreats who were very "manly" but also very open about their thoughts and feelings. I'm also reminded of some LPSG forum members who have shared very personal thoughts and experiences when to do so would benefit others), being passionate about a cause, inventing something cool, writing good fiction, poetry, or prose...and the list goes on and on...

So, as you see, I'm not completely superficial and by "first impressions" I mean a lot of things.

My personal preferences also include:
A man who outweighs me (if I'm heavier than you, I'm afraid I might hurt you...) :biggrin1:
A man who is not excessively chubby or thin (and it's a bonus if you're physically fit)
No "unibrow" or excessively bushy eyebrows (just a quirk of mine)

And that's about it for first impressions. :smile:
A woman of class!:wink:

B_spiker067

Experimental Member
Media
It would be tarded for me to start a thread about what men are looking for in women. But I want to have my say too. So "click, click, pull...."

I want a girl who isn’t offended by being called my girl even though she’s a woman.

I want her to call me to tell me she is at the corner of ‘Hollywood and Vine’ with a flat with no fear/tears/drama in her voice. I want to get there in 7 minutes flat on what usually is a 12 minute drive. I want to see she stepped the lug nuts loose (not removed) and the jack is half raised and she is looking in the trunk as if to pull the spare. Smiles at me like ain’t life good as I get out of the car and lets me finish the job. I want to get back home sit on the couch reading the magazine I started and I want her to walk in with the Chinese take-out she just got and feed me some with chopsticks while we both eat together.

Chemistry is any number of things. But to me it boils down to this, her smell. I want to pick her up at the beginning of a day and smell something (nice not a perfume bath). I want to spend the day playing basketball, dancing, or maybe sitting on a hot beach lean into her and like her smell. I want to go home have fucking hot sweaty sex before taking a shower and she still smells good to me. I want to wake up in the morning having forgotten to take a shower last night smell her rancid smell and she still smells good to me. By the same token I want her to think I smell good during all this time too. I’ve had a woman’s scent just not work for me. I mean I don’t have to like her rancid scent. As long as its well within the tolerable range that I go hey that isn’t bad, I’ll kind of like it if I let myself.

I’ll have to take a girls hand a dozen times before I feel I can kiss her any time. I want a girl who’ll take my hand first to let me know it’s alright to kiss her anytime soon. Taking someone’s hand in my opinion is the only sure fire way to know when its okay to first kiss them. Am I wrong?

I want a girl who doesn’t ask me to fix something I have no control over. Like the size of her ass. Don’t ever ask me about it period, or I’ll kick it. :)

What’s the secret of a great, lasting relationship? Laziness or actually the absence of it. I’ll wash the dishes half the time. I’ll wipe the kid’s ass half the time. I’ll buy the groceries half the time. I’ll start sex half the time. I’ll mow the lawn half the time. I’ll walk the dog half the time. I’ll mop the floor half the time. Hell maybe upto 60% of the time. But if you are too lazy to pick up the other half, forget it. I think this works both ways.

Chrysalis

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
What’s the secret of a great, lasting relationship? Laziness or actually the absence of it. I’ll wash the dishes half the time. I’ll wipe the kid’s ass half the time. I’ll buy the groceries half the time. I’ll start sex half the time. I’ll mow the lawn half the time. I’ll walk the dog half the time. I’ll mop the floor half the time. Hell maybe upto 60% of the time. But if you are too lazy to pick up the other half, forget it. I think this works both ways.

Well said, Spiker.

(Did I actually just type those 3 words? I must have had too much eggnog...) :tongue:

Just kidding, S. The above statement really is the truth -- people would have much better relationships if both partners consistently did their 50%.

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
It would be tarded for me to start a thread about what men are looking for in women. But I want to have my say too. So "click, click, pull...."

I want a girl who isn’t offended by being called girl even though she’s a woman.

I want her to call me to tell me she is at the corner of ‘Hollywood and Vine’ with a flat with no fear/tears/drama in her voice. I want to get there in 7 minutes flat on what usually is a 12 minute drive. I want to see she stepped the lug nuts loose (not removed) and the jack is half raised and she is looking in the trunk as if to pull the spare. Smiles at me like ain’t life good as I get out of the car and lets me finish the job. I want to get back home sit on the couch reading the magazine I started and I want her to walk in with the Chinese take-out she just got and feed me some with chopsticks while we both eat together.

Chemistry is any number of things. But to me it boils down to this, her smell. I want to pick her up at the beginning of a day and smell something (nice not a perfume bath). I want to spend the day playing basketball, dancing, or maybe sitting on a hot beach lean into her and like her smell. I want to go home have fucking hot sweaty sex before taking a shower and she still smells good to me. I want to wake up in the morning having forgotten to take a shower last night smell her rancid smell and she still smells good to me. By the same token I want her to think I smell good during all this time too. I’ve had a woman’s scent just not work for me. I mean I don’t have to like her scent. As long as its well within the tolerable range that I go hey that isn’t bad, I’ll kind of like it if I let myself.

I’ll have to take a girls hand a dozen times before I feel I can kiss her any time. I want a girl who’ll take my hand first to let me know it’s alright to kiss her anytime soon. Taking someone’s hand in my opinion is the only sure fire way to know when its okay to first kiss them. Am I wrong?

I want a girl who doesn’t ask me to fix something I have no control over. Like the size of her ass. Don’t ever ask me about it period, or I’ll kick.

Sweetie i could fall in love with you.

Also there is nothing better than a guy calling me 'His girl' some may see it as ownership and patronising but to me it makes me feel safe and that i belong to someone.. Its a good feeling and a even better thing to hear

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My ideal man is driven, intelligent, a little broody and introspective. Passionate about life and the things he does. Likes to bicker and have fun with me, but also knows how and when to be gentle. Money doesn't matter as much as being competent in whatever it is that he chooses to do. With that said, I do need someone that can live with the fact that I want to stay at home with my son and not put him in daycare and that my job is, by nature, variable income-wise. In all reality this means that he will have to have the will and the means to support a family. He has to be able to make me laugh. He has to have a very strong personality because I tend to overpower most people with my... vitality (bitchiness?). He has to be able to stand up to me. He has to have a big heart, the bigger the better. He has to be able to love me for who I am now-- I've tried to change for men and it never works. He has to like the fact that I am loud, vulgar, and not very submissive or feminine. He has to be a good father who is engaged and participates in raising his children. This means changing shitty diapers and getting up at 3am to clean up puke. He has to like my family, who are as much or more impossible as I am. He has to be honest. He doesn't criticize me for stupid things. He can cope with the fact that I am possibly the messiest human being on the face of the planet. He likes going to museums and doing nerdy educational things more than going to clubs or playing sports. Going out with his friends or to the bar every chance he has some free time is not acceptable, but having friends and wanting to spend time with them is great. He can't drink too much or do drugs. He likes getting in the car and driving anywhere the road leads us on a Saturday. He'll carry my camera bag halfway up a mountain, then wait for an hour and a half while I compose a shot. He'll respect me.

Physical attributes are completely negotiable. The men I've fallen in love with and found most attractive have always been ones that I'd overlooked until I got to know them. I don't like men that are really overweight, but I don't need him to be cut. Penis size doesn't matter as long as he is able to satisfy me sexually, and I don't expect that right away.

That's a lot of stuff. Whew.

Kevin_uk

Experimental Member
Media
Interesting lyrics by Gillette

Although I'm male, having read though some of these posts it's probably not much different for female/male or male/female attractions.

Just as an idea, how about people postings lyrics that sums up your thoughts about the opposite sex, or lyrics that remind you of a special encounter with someone?

Then look at peoples thinking from them.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What men want - a woman from the LPSG.

Very true. Especially if all the women here feel like those who have posted in this thread.

Again, I am very surprised at these comments from the ladies here...or any where else for that matter. I do NOT mean this just in relation to penis size preference either. I am surprized by all of. My idea of the "what women want in a man" thing was totally wrong...to my surprise.:biggrin1:

SassySpy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Very true. Especially if all the women here feel like those who have posted in this thread.

Again, I am very surprised at these comments from the ladies here...or any where else for that matter. I do NOT mean this just in relation to penis size preference either. I am surprized by all of. My idea of the "what women want in a man" thing was totally wrong...to my surprise.:biggrin1:

well I hope it was a pleasant surprise, Viking. Maybe you should get out more, :biggrin1: travel, meet women who appreciate men for more than their cock size.....:wink:

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Very interesting thread. I think it proves what i have been saying for a while now. We have some smart,beautiful and good hearted women on LPSG.:smile:

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think thats why guys get it so wrong ya know.. All the good women are to busy here to be out in the real world :wink:
Beauty and brains for me is a lethal combination. If you girls ever new what you do to me simply from your posts. Im in awe at the beauty and brains the women on here have...............:wink:

SassySpy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I think thats why guys get it so wrong ya know.. All the good women are to busy here to be out in the real world :wink:

You are SO right!! Ive realized recently how short a time I have been a member here, and how many, many hours I have spent here since! But it can't be helped- the topics and posts are a combination of informative, provocative, funny, sexy- where else would I want to be? It sure beats network AND cable TV!! :wink:

shaguar

Experimental Member
Media
Talk is cheap. How many of the (at least average looking) wimminz have approached, flirted with, bagged and sealed an average or less than average looking man? It's well and dandy saying something here. In real life, tall, handsome, rich wins out over caring, balding, bespectacled, short, sensitive, etc. That's why marriages fail these days. Both man and woman have to be able to say, "I'll settle for you." and mean that for the long term. That means not looking, because looking leads to talking, talking leads to dancing, dancing leads to romancing, romancing leads to a double penetration. By two divorce attorneys.

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Talk is cheap. How many of the (at least average looking) wimminz have approached, flirted with, bagged and sealed an average or less than average looking man? It's well and dandy saying something here. In real life, tall, handsome, rich wins out over caring, balding, bespectacled, short, sensitive, etc. That's why marriages fail these days. Both man and woman have to be able to say, "I'll settle for you." and mean that for the long term. That means not looking, because looking leads to talking, talking leads to dancing, dancing leads to romancing, romancing leads to a double penetration. By two divorce attorneys.

Well...much deppends what average is to a culture...and your own concept of average...

Even though US is one a 1st world country people here are way over weight, much in junk food, consumism , debt and totally absorved in the US culture as the most wonderful and perfect and etc.

Than between the averages realities for sure I would not settle for the average Joe that is a coach potato, not healthy councious, boring red neck with narrow xenophobic mind and all the etcs that is not appealing to me.

I like average next door fun guy down to earth that is compatible to myself in many ways. For sure I will not settle for less and compromise. As much I come a culture where you can find many dark, hairy, tall handsome men I do find attractive males Vin Diesel features and masculine not pretty boys ones the most appealing.

gg42

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Very interesting. I guess all these "what women want" surveys I have read really are pretty accurate. I am surprised...I have never believed the surveys.

Maybe and older, ugly, uneducated, underedowed guy like me does still have a chance. I actually am very surprised at these comments.

:smile:

Attachments