What would be your perfect job?

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
After working 30 years in the financial services industry at times I would like a complete change.

I've had enough of stress at work and would like to run a Pound shop. It would be easy to add up and work out the change. The pricing would be a piece of piss and if you hack off a customer who gives a fuck. You've only lost a pound.

What would be your perfect job and why?

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Talk Show Host

You mightn't think it from my cranky, snarky ST persona, but in real life my forte is charming the room. I'm also quite good with the intimate conversation. I honestly enjoy listening. And while I'm not a joke-teller, I'm light on my feet with the occasional well-placed witticism.

Seriously. lol

I wanna have a show. And I want Chrissie Hynde for bandleader.

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
After working 30 years in the financial services industry at times I would like a complete change.

I've had enough of stress at work and would like to run a Pound shop. It would be easy to add up and work out the change. The pricing would be a piece of piss and if you hack off a customer who gives a fuck. You've only lost a pound.

What would be your perfect job and why?

Cemetery Groundskeeper or Cemetery Proprietor. You'll meet lots of people, enjoy a decent amount of quiet time and be able to take long meditatve walks along well manicured paths & reading material on headstones which can stir the imagination. I did that a long time ago & still have fond memories & feel at peace when strolling through a cemetery.

If that isn't what you'd like, then get a job in sanitation. Meet lots of interestiing people, drive the streets, get free furniture! A spiffy uniform! You'll need strength as a sanitation worker to lift the trash cans & other things into the truck. As an added bonus you'll see & hear birds at the refuse center fighting for a feast. In many places there's also a generous retrement package.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have it. I work on retainer as a child advocacy lawyer for an organization that I respect. That leaves me the time to work as a voice over actor in television and film and often that leaves me the time to putter around the kitchen.
If I could change anything I would have a cooking-talk show format (a la the old Dinah Shore Show)

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
A gravedigger, or a housekeeper;)
Seriously, a UNI Prof. I`m working my ass off and putting my ass out for that, now;):)

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I love listening to music so I'd love to work in a radio station - but only if I could play what I want to listen to and not have to put up with a dreadful playlist that is created by unimaginative 'station managers' and record company PR and "demographic breakdowns".....Community radio would give me that freedom but it's unpaid voluntary. I'd enjoy it but I wouldn't be able to pay bills.....

I love animals but I'm far too squeamish to be a vet. I suppose I could help out in an animal shelter but once again, unpaid voluntary.....

borntobeking

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Working for Marvel Comics as an illustrator or even just having my own comic book company. This has been a dream since my childhood. I draw extremely well but never pursued it as a career. My wife encouraged me last week to pick up some new art supplies so I have begun working on my technique again.

In the meantime I have been an insurance broker for the past few years.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Dive boat operator. In Thailand or Malaysia. That is my retirement plan.

At the moment I love what I do, it's creative and the money is good and I have 54 great employees, but I am getting a bit tired of solving other people's problems.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have the perfect job, just not the perfect location. I'm the owner and single employee of my LLC. I bill myself as a home designer, not a decorator and not a builder. I help design the total home makeover from landscaping to interior design, and yes, I have degrees in both.

I work with a lot of architects, contractors and other design firms. I make my own hours and when I work, I work very hard. I will wield a pencil, hammer or tile-cutter. In other words: I ROAR! LOL!

Seriously, I love my job and my lifestyle. North Central Florida doesn't have as much activity as it used to, but I keep as busy as I want.

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
A zoo would be the best animal job. You know the animals all have homes and aren't neglected, and not too many of them die.

It has crossed my mind a few times but I've never given it serious thought. I'd have to be 'background' though, keepers usually have to give talks to the visitors and I'd be absolutely hopeless at that - I'm one of those people who are great with animals but terrible with humans.....

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It has crossed my mind a few times but I've never given it serious thought. I'd have to be 'background' though, keepers usually have to give talks to the visitors and I'd be absolutely hopeless at that - I'm one of those people who are great with animals but terrible with humans.....

Unfortunately, it's close to impossible to get a paid position in the zoo industry here. Voluntary work is much easier to get though - you should give it a try!

At the place I did voluntary work at, only the paid staff and the very experienced volunteers did talks. Theoretically. Once a keeper forgot to show up for the koala talk. I didn't want the visitors to go away disappointed because they didn't get their koala talk, so I decided on the spot to do it myself! Luckily I had some idea of what I was talking about.