What would you choose for your Last Meal?

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
wallaboi.......

damn you Aussies know how to eat well
even when yr on your way out haa
thats a Banquet not a simple last meal hah

too much $ aye
great economy, why we Kiwis are arriving in droves, ha
share the comforts..

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Alder grilled wild Sockeye Salmon with basmati rice, fresh green beans, white asparagus and a Poplar Grove Chardonnay. For dessert blackberry/apple pie with creme fraiche. And since I'm dying anyway, I'll have a black coffee and a Marlboro Red.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
how many calories is that meal? i'm curious :smile:
i bet it's like eleventy billion!
*drools*

I don't know how many calories it is. Some things are best left unknown I think because once I was describing the preparation of this meal to a friend of mine who goes to Weight Watchers and he almost went into anaphylactic shock from description of the ingredients alone

bobbyboyle

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Grilled tiger prawns with sweet chili sauce to dip and fresh leafy salad, juicy tomatoes, etc. Glass of nice crisp rosé.
Slow roasted lamb shank in red wine sauce, roasted veg and sauteed potatoes. A lovely Merlot.
Little portion of moist, peppery haggis with good quality neaps and tatties accompanied by a nip of good single malt - maybe Lagavulin.
Raspberry and white chocolate cheesecake with double cream.
A great cheeseboard with a glass of port.
Heroin.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

I have the recipes for all of them if anyone would like them. This is my all time favorite meal but I don't have it as often as I would like as it is expensive, time consuming and it really, really sabotages any diet.

*waves hand in the air* Can I have recipes for the duck and pigeon please? I'm drooling just reading about them!

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
*waves hand in the air* Can I have recipes for the duck and pigeon please? I'm drooling just reading about them!

PIGEONNEAUX EN CROUTE

2 Squab serve six
Make puff pastry the night before
*I'm very superstitious about this recipe... I only make it in the fall*
Forcemeat
livers from quail-partridge-pheasant and rabitt,125 grams mixed
foie gras 25 grams (add cognac and ground pisthachios if tinny)
butter 12 grams
2 small egg yolks
mushroom peeling 30 grams
chopped shallots 20 grams
10 grams salt
pepper 2 grams
ground cloves 1 gram
sprig of tyme
1/2 bay leaf
Splash of Madeira

1. Finely grind all forcemeat add truffle ends
2. Bone squab
3. Stuff squab with forcemeat
4. Wrap each squab with bacon and let sit for one hour
5. Roll rectangular pieces of puff pastry dough
6. Layer dough with bacon, forcemeat, truffle, squab. cover squab with forcemeat, bacon and dough. Shape rectangular brush with egg yolk
7. Seal edges and bake upside down in a 350 degree until golden brown
8. Cool and coat lightly with hot pepper jelly or aspic
9. Cut away crust where it was sealed
10. Garnish with fresh herbs and serve with champagne.

If you need the recipe for puff pastry let me know.

CANETON A LA PRESSE

Two 6-8 week old special fed duckling

In a saucepan saute a med chopped onion in bacon fat (do not let color) Add the duck liver 125 gr chopped mushrooms, 2 truffles. 100 gr foie gras
50 grams boiled chestnuts, chopped parsley a dash of sugar, mace, salt and pepper. Saute for 8-10 minutes add a red wine. Cool. Pound and rub through a sieve. (Save liquid for sauce) Stuff duckling with the mixture

1. Roast duckling in a hot oven for 18-20 minutes remove legs and the remainder of duck when cool. Set aside the breast. Arrange the breast over the stuffing mixture. Heat the sauce on low and keep warm.

I serve this on apple souffle, I have also served it on wild rice. (ladle on the sauce lightly) I serve the legs on a simple green salad after this course. Some prefer the salad before. If you want the apple souffle recipe let me know.

Enjoy...

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
PIGEONNEAUX EN CROUTE

2 Squab serve six
Make puff pastry the night before
*I'm very superstitious about this recipe... I only make it in the fall*
Forcemeat
livers from quail-partridge-pheasant and rabitt,125 grams mixed
foie gras 25 grams (add cognac and ground pisthachios if tinny)
butter 12 grams
2 small egg yolks
mushroom peeling 30 grams
chopped shallots 20 grams
10 grams salt
pepper 2 grams
ground cloves 1 gram
sprig of tyme
1/2 bay leaf
Splash of Madeira

1. Finely grind all forcemeat add truffle ends
2. Bone squab
3. Stuff squab with forcemeat
4. Wrap each squab with bacon and let sit for one hour
5. Roll rectangular pieces of puff pastry dough
6. Layer dough with bacon, forcemeat, truffle, squab. cover squab with forcemeat, bacon and dough. Shape rectangular brush with egg yolk
7. Seal edges and bake upside down in a 350 degree until golden brown
8. Cool and coat lightly with hot pepper jelly or aspic
9. Cut away crust where it was sealed
10. Garnish with fresh herbs and serve with champagne.

If you need the recipe for puff pastry let me know.

CANETON A LA PRESSE

Two 6-8 week old special fed duckling

In a saucepan saute a med chopped onion in bacon fat (do not let color) Add the duck liver 125 gr chopped mushrooms, 2 truffles. 100 gr foie gras
50 grams boiled chestnuts, chopped parsley a dash of sugar, mace, salt and pepper. Saute for 8-10 minutes add a red wine. Cool. Pound and rub through a sieve. (Save liquid for sauce) Stuff duckling with the mixture

1. Roast duckling in a hot oven for 18-20 minutes remove legs and the remainder of duck when cool. Set aside the breast. Arrange the breast over the stuffing mixture. Heat the sauce on low and keep warm.

I serve this on apple souffle, I have also served it on wild rice. (ladle on the sauce lightly) I serve the legs on a simple green salad after this course. Some prefer the salad before. If you want the apple souffle recipe let me know.

Enjoy...

I love you :smile::smile::smile:. I have no idea when I'll manage to make these (I suspect they will cost a small fortune), but they WILL be made!

Could I have the recipe for the apple souffle please? It sounds delicious. Hopefully I will be more successful than when I tried to make cheese souffle on Boxing Day.

Why do you only make the pigeon dish in the fall? Seasonality, or some other reason?

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I love you :smile::smile::smile:. I have no idea when I'll manage to make these (I suspect they will cost a small fortune), but they WILL be made!

Could I have the recipe for the apple souffle please? It sounds delicious. Hopefully I will be more successful than when I tried to make cheese souffle on Boxing Day. It's much different from a traditional souffle it's more like a yorkshire pudding.....

Why do you only make the pigeon dish in the fall? Seasonality, or some other reason?
The person I used to buy my game from in NY convinced me they are superior in the fall. I've yet to find anyone in Hawaii to buy fresh game.

4 eggs
1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
1 pinch salt
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/3 cup white sugar, divided
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 large tart apple - peeled, cored and sliced

In a large bowl, blend eggs, flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Gradually mix in milk, stirring constantly. Add vanilla, melted butter and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg. Let batter stand for 30 minutes or overnight.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Melt butter in a 10 inch oven proof skillet, brushing butter up on the sides of the pan. In a small bowl, combine 1/3 cup sugar, cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg. Sprinkle mixture over the butter. Line the pan with apple slices. Place pan over medium-high heat until the mixture bubbles, then gently pour the batter mixture over the apples.
Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 375 degrees and bake for 10 minutes. Slide onto serving platter and cut into wedges. Place each serving of duck on a wedge.

wallaboi

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
wallaboi.......

damn you Aussies know how to eat well
even when yr on your way out haa
thats a Banquet not a simple last meal hah

too much $ aye
great economy, why we Kiwis are arriving in droves, ha
share the comforts..
No capital punishment here, but i would hope that if there was, we'd offer a better than average last meal and a conjugal visit.:wink:

Alder grilled wild Sockeye Salmon with basmati rice, fresh green beans, white asparagus and a Poplar Grove Chardonnay. For dessert blackberry/apple pie with creme fraiche. And since I'm dying anyway, I'll have a black coffee and a Marlboro Red.
Damn, i forgot that last indulgence! Seeing that i was gonna die any way would probably go for a Cuban cigar...and yes i would inhale. :biggrin1:

Ty Nant Mineral Water.
Crispy Welsh Lamb and Feta Salad.
Panna Cotta with Summer Fruits.
Coffee and Chocs.
So frugal Joll :shrug: If you ever go to death row, promise i'll bring a few extra luxuries for your final hours.

While we're giving out recipes, I'm still waiting on luka82's recipe for dick.....
PMSL...:lmao:

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The person I used to buy my game from in NY convinced me they are superior in the fall. I've yet to find anyone in Hawaii to buy fresh game.

4 eggs
1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
1 pinch salt
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted

1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/3 cup white sugar, divided
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 large tart apple - peeled, cored and sliced

In a large bowl, blend eggs, flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Gradually mix in milk, stirring constantly. Add vanilla, melted butter and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg. Let batter stand for 30 minutes or overnight.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Melt butter in a 10 inch oven proof skillet, brushing butter up on the sides of the pan. In a small bowl, combine 1/3 cup sugar, cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg. Sprinkle mixture over the butter. Line the pan with apple slices. Place pan over medium-high heat until the mixture bubbles, then gently pour the batter mixture over the apples.
Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 375 degrees and bake for 10 minutes. Slide onto serving platter and cut into wedges. Place each serving of duck on a wedge.

Thank you!! This I can easily afford and will be trying it some time soon. Sounds yummy!

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'd honsetly wouldn't want fancy expensive foods, but the comfort foods from my childhood. The food my granparents made. So Gumbo and rice, green beens with tons of real butter and ham, homemade soup, turkey done to perfection, ham, cornbread, omlettes, a glass of oj, a slice of toast with butter, fried oyster, fresh crab...the list goes on.

I woud be all about being as happy before getting offed as I could be.

And the fancy fare, while a delicious treat, would do nada in terms of feeling comforted.