What would you do if....

johnjacobs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
What would you do if you told a friend how you felt about him sexually and he told you not to bring it up again, slowly stopped hanging out with you and then eventually told you to stop talking to him?

D_Percival Plunger

Account Disabled
Media
I'd move on for now; either you made things awkward (not intentional) by putting yourself out there, and he doesn't feel comfortable going back to being friends. Whether straight or gay, girls and guys go through this. Or maybe he just needs some space or is giving you space to get over your sexual desire, so you guys can go back to being friends.

Either way, don't let it get you down. You had the guts to put how you felt out there. So keep your head held high and keep movin'

Tommy56

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm sorry if this happened to you. It's a battle when you want to reveal your heart in a relationship that may not be able to take on that kind of honesty. His discomfort sounds deep and and you'll probably just have to let this one go. Good luck.

D

deleted3782

I'd move on for now;...

Yup.

Why hang around with someone who doesn't want to hang around with you? Whether the fact that you are attracted to him weirds him out, or whether he just can't deal with the gay thing, your time would be better invested in people who like being around you and enjoy your company.

B_quietguy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Move on. Sounds like he's uncomfortable with being your friend. He may think your friendship with him was based upon your sexual attraction, and not based on being a genuine friend.

If I was him and not interested, I'd say "no thanks", but I could still be a friend. After all, you merely mentioned your interest, and I merely set a boundary. As long as we both understand each other, the friendship can continue.

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
So easy to tell you what we think you should do, so hard to be in your position :frown1:.

If it's not too uncomfortable, I'm interested in how this happened. I assume that you 2 were "Str8" friends? Did he know that you have male attractions? How long have you been friends, and how close was the friendship?

So many scenerios without knowing the circumstances. However, no matter what the answers are, the only thing you can do is respect his requests, and give him space. He may be dealing with his own demons.

If you had the guts to say how you felt, and on top of that you've asked complete strangers for advice on a topic that obviously hurts you, well you seem like quite the guy, and as others have said his loss, say strong move on and keep your head held high hope some of this helps
-A

True_Blue

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
As hard as it is to say, I think that it would be best to just let things be for now. When (or if) he can ever manage to accept what you've said to him, then he'll out to you. Even if it's just a "I can accept it, but i just can't be anything more than your friend.", it's still something.

I've wanted to tell my friend for so long how I really feel about him, but i always lose my nerve. I really do admire your courage to put your heart on the line like that.

Voglener

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Try to move on as soon as your heart will let you. Keep growing strong. Keep loving yourself. Learn from this experience. Some people just can't handle it when someone puts sexuality out there. With some guys I think you can mess around until the cows come home but the moment someone mentions "feelings", its all bets off and you're a freak!

Don't wait for or expect that one day he'll come to you with a change of heart. Never speak ill of him. If you run into him a kind nod of respect and on with your day.

dad4you

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What would you do if you told a friend how you felt about him sexually and he told you not to bring it up again, slowly stopped hanging out with you and then eventually told you to stop talking to him?
I would grieve for the situation, and move on. :kiss: