What would you do with $3,000,000?

Sklar

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I would get my family out of debt, my boyfriends family out of debt, buy as a new home with LOTS of property and put the rest in a money market/retirement account that we could live off of the interest for the rest of our lives.

Media
I love this thread already, reading the responses are so hopeful and funny.
Well let's see I didn't say what I wanted to do. Actually I would do this, I would work my regular job as a business woman like I am doing now. Then I would lock all $3,000,000 in the bank until I turned 40. Then from there I would spend it on my future.

(ps in case you wanted to know my age im 19 so like when I am 40 it's all old and stuff.... I don't know what's old lol)

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am curious to know what some of you would do with $3,000,000
  1. Pay off my student loans
  2. Pay off my parents mortgage
  3. Hire a house keeper/nurse for my parents: they aren't ill but they are in their late 70's and need more assistance with the little stuff than I can provide w/o losing my mind.:tongue:
  4. Buy a new car
  5. Buy a house down the shore and furnishings
  6. Allow my cousin Sylvester (an investment banker) to handle the remaining money.

I have no credit card debt so that's about it.

scanjock8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Have fun with 50K visiting friends, shopping, playing.

Buy a weekend property not more than a few hours from where I live--beach cabin.

Create a trust fund for my three Godchildren.

Distribute 50K to charities.

Remainder to diversified portfolio.

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Why, I'd start by paying anywhere between 30 and 50% tax on the amount, depending on whether it was considered "income" (a lottery win) or "inheritance."

Then, with the remaining $1.5 million, I'd have a tiny little bit of fun, pay off my student loans, buy a comfortable but not too ostentatious house in an area sure to appreciate in value, and invest the rest.

And pay considerable taxes for the rest of my life on the profits from my investments.

NCbear (feeling fiscally conservative at the moment :mad: )

Media
I wonder if it's possible to spend money like that in a day? I guess I am in a wishful mood, it's been like this for the past few weeks now and I never been so happy. I think about it all the time day-dreaming I guess makes people happy.

Sklar

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight