What would you do?

socalfreak

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Don't care.
Who they choose to be with, romantically/sexually, is their business.
If they're a friend, they'll still be a friend.... Unless they cross a line by hitting on me or something & make things weird.... Then, I'd have to keep them at arm's length.
Otherwise, I have no issue with it.

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
If a friend of yours came out as bi (without hitting on you) would you see them any differently? Would you think they are less of a man? Opinion appreciated, guys. Thanks. Peace out! :)

A friend of mine came out as bi and didn't hit on me. I felt no differently toward him. This pissed him off, because he wanted me to be pissed at him (I think). He seemed to be upset that I wasn't upset.

I never saw him after he came out to me. It was a couple days prior to graduation from grad school. We went our separate ways.

A friend of mine came out as bi and didn't hit on me. I felt no differently toward him. This pissed him off, because he wanted me to be pissed at him (I think). He seemed to be upset that I wasn't upset.

I never saw him after he came out to me. It was a couple days prior to graduation from grad school. We went our separate ways.
That’s a bit sad!

palakaorion

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Been there. Except he's never told me directly, though I've learned the truth from other means.

His sexuality didn't affect our friendship directly. His pattern of deceitful and privileged behavior drove some distance between us. Plus after my wife passed he's been even more distant (which is how some cope with loss).

IntactMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Asheville (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
I had a friend come out to me as gay, and later bi. I had an idea before, he didn't really hide some of his stereotype characteristics. I couldn't have cared much less, other than to be happy that he felt comfortable enough to be honest about it.

I feel like coming out shouldn't even be a thing anymore. It's none of my business what anyone does in the bedroom with anyone else. If I were into some really kinky things, not to equate that to homosexuality or bisexuality, it would be weird if I went around to all my friends and explained the kink that I have.

Hatt_101

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If a friend of yours came out as bi (without hitting on you) would you see them any differently? Would you think they are less of a man? Opinion appreciated, guys. Thanks. Peace out! :)
Had never happened But if it did it would paint them in a different light but would I think less of them no.

mario123321

Expert Member
Media
San Antonio de Bejar (Texas, United States)
Sexuality
No Response
see them the same but ive be curious and ask him yo so you checking out both chicks and dudes all the time or ...you know but respectfully ask him because yo its fucking 2019 who gives a fuck lol

Reactions: SoaringSpirit

johnnyunitas

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My first roommate in college came out as bisexual his sophomore year and then fully out soon after. He was (is) an awesome guy and when he told me I was happy for him and honored that he felt comfortable enough to tell me.

Sexuality and 'manliness' operate on different planes. I think you can be 'not a man' but you can only be 'less of a man' if a part of your body is literally cut off. Any other interpretation is tapping into toxic masculinity.

I have one friend that is bi that has always been pretty low key with his personal life and another friend that recently came out as gay.

Other than being more vocal on his Facebook posts, not much difference in him.

Reactions: diver6