what would you have done....

buffyfanone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
ok. here is the situation...
I am gay and I have been having a hard time meeting people lately. I go to school with thousands of other people in my age group and I am a really friendly person once the conversation gets going but the problem is I am really shy.
So there is the back story...

Today I was in a building on campus that I stoped in to get a juice and use the bathroom.
I was standing at the urinal and i could hear the guy in the stall behind me making a comotion thrying to keep the broken door shut.
I chuckled and went to wash my hands. I took my time because I have a long break between calsses. I washed up and then went to the mirror to fix my hair. While fixing my hair, the guy came out of the stall and gave me a smile and a nod. he started washing his hands and i finished my hair then washed my hands again and told him to have a nice day and left hte restroom.
I was standing in the lobby of the building sending a text message and he kept looking over at me. after i put my phone away he came over and asked if we had met before. I said no. but told him that he looked framiliar too. he said htat maybe we had seen eachother on campus because he heads a group on campus about deeling with the economic crisis in michigan. i told him that i did recognize him (even though i didn't) and then we went our seperate ways with him telling me "maybe we will run into eachother on campus again". I just sead "yeah. have a nice day".
So I sat down and responded to a text i got while he was talking to me and then drank my juice in the lobby (cold outside!) and was getting ready to leave and he came out of the elivator and I waved like a complete dork. He smiled, waved back and noded his head again and then went and joined the group he was with before.

So, did i miss my chance?
was this guy hitting on me?
i couldnt tell.
He seemed a tad older than me. I am 24 and he looked like he was maybe 26ish. He was my type too. Taller than me but not too tall. light brown hair. Pale skin. and a great smile.

Was I just reading too much into this or what??

Also, what would you have done? The same thing as me or would you have been more assertive?

cb1737

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
you missed a chance to get some, guys don't just bs in the bathroom for no reason, don't miss it again

buffyfanone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The bs took place outside of the bathroom. all i said in the bathroom was "have anice day"
he approached me in the entry way of the building as i was on my way out of th ebuilding, not the bathroom.
there was prob 2 or 3 mins between when i spoke to him in the bathroom nad when he came up to me.

the more i think about it the more i realized i missed the chance to atleast get a number :(