What Would You Think?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hypoc8, Jan 19, 2010.

1. hypoc8

hypoc8 Member

Again, this was forwarded to me by a friend that is a little more political than I am but in my opinion there are a few things to think about;

If George W. Bush had been the first President to need a teleprompter installed to be able to get through a press conference, would you have laughed and said this is more proof of how he inept he is on his own and is really controlled by smarter men behind the scenes?

If George W. Bush had spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to take Laura Bush to a play in NYC, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had made a joke at the expense of the Special Olympics, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had given Gordon Brown a set of inexpensive and incorrectly formatted DVD s, when Gordon Brown had given him a thoughtful and historically significant gift, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had given the Queen of England an iPod containing videos of his speeches, would you have thought this embarrassingly narcissistic and tacky?

If George W. Bush had bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had visited
    Austriaand made reference to the non-existent "Austrian language," would you have brushed it off as a minor slip?

If George W. Bush had filled his cabinet and circle of advisers with people who cannot seem to keep current in their income taxes, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had been so Spanish illiterate as to refer to "Cinco de Cuatro" in front of the Mexican ambassador when it was the 5th of May (Cinco de Mayo), and continued to flub it when he tried again, would you have winced in embarrassment?

If George W. Bush had mis-spelled the word "advice" would you have hammered him for it for years like Dan Quayle and potatoe as proof of what a dunce he is?

If George W. Bush had burned 9,000 gallons of jet fuel to go plant a single tree on Earth Day, would you have concluded he's a hypocrite?

If George W. Bush's administration had okay-ed Air Force One flying low over millions of people followed by a jet fighter in downtown
    Manhattan causing widespread panic, would you have wondered whether they actually get what happened on 9-11?

If George W. Bush had failed to send relief aid to flood victims throughout the
    Midwest with more people killed or made homeless than in New Orleans, would you want it made into a major ongoing political issue with claims of racism and incompetence?

If George W. Bush had created the position
    32 or moreCzars who report directly to him, bypassing the House and Senate on much of what is happening in America, would you have approved.

If George W. Bush had ordered the firing of the CEO of a major corporation, even though he had no constitutional authority to do so, would you have approved?

If George W Bush had proposed to double the national debt, which had taken more than two centuries to accumulate, in one year, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had then proposed to double the debt again within 10 years, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had spent more than all the Presidents combined since George Washington, would you have approved?

So, tell me again, what is it about Obama that makes him so brilliant and impressive? Can't think of anything? Don't worry. He's done all this in 10 months -- so you'll have 3 years and 2 months to come up with an answer.

#1 hypoc8, Jan 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2010
  2. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

I agree with most of this stuff, but what's up with the gigantic font? Do you have vision issues or something? One thing you can do is post in regular size, and when you are reading you can go to tools on your browser, then zoom, and expand the font to a size which you can read.

3. overninept5

overninept5 New Member

Albums:
    [

So, tell me again, what is it about Obama that makes him so brilliant and impressive?

He ain't Bush! Oh yeah, he's done more for gays than Bush ever said the word.

4. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

I would at least wait to see what type of result would generate after all of this maneuvering, which is precisely what the majority of people in America did under ANY president. Even Bush. We certainly wouldn't be predicting doom or failure this early in the game.

And we certainly wouldn't be printing rhetorical jung in a large, blue font.

5. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'd say your "friend" is an easily-led idiot with too much time on his hands.

6. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    As a liberal and a Obama supporter, it is a FACT that Barry garners a fair amount of goodwill because he is a thoughtful and respectful person. Bush is an irreverent and thoughtless person who squandered every bit of goodwill that ever came his way.

Yes, Bush caught hell every time he did anything wrong and Barry got a pass for several gaffs and mistakes that he made this past year.

But if Bush would have acted like Obama does... dignified, stately and kind. He would not have caught anywhere near the hell that he did. You forget, but Bush was made up to be some sort of hero for letting terrorists attack our country... if he acted like Obama does, he would have rode out that wave of 9-11 support throughout those 8 years and still be thought of as our beloved "George".

7. ericbythebay

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I don't approve, it doesn't matter who does it. Political affiliation shouldn't come before principles.

Republicans and Democrats are both the party of big government and big spending.

Let's see either party agree to capping spending at 90% of last years revenue.

8. justasimpleguy

justasimpleguy Active Member

Albums:
Draft saved Draft deleted