What you post, can be seen through Google

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MonsterUncut, Jun 12, 2007.

1. MonsterUncut

MonsterUncut Active Member

Albums:
    I've had my "nickname" for as long as I can remember. Someone who I knew many years ago just contacted me through this site. He remembered my nickname, and googled away. To my suprise, all my posts, profile, pics and so on were found and available through google. I didn't believe it, so I tried it myself. Sure enough, within seconds, I had all the sites I've posted on, handles, pics I've posted, and so on, including profiles. :eek: For what it's worth, just be careful.

Peace

2. D_Weeslet Weenywacker

D_Weeslet Weenywacker Account Disabled

yep... worrying enough... i just typed "artau lpsg" and my profile and posts showed up.

3. B_big dirigible

B_big dirigible New Member

That stuff will be on all the search engines. It's what search engines do.

4. D_alex8

D_alex8 Member

This is hardly news; of course this site is google-searchable. Look at the end of the "who's online" list for the site, and you'll always see search engine 'spiders' gathering information 24/7.

Anyone with any knowledge of the Internet knows to use different usernames at different sites, if they don't wish to have some kinds of posts/information connected to them through a google/yahoo/altavista search.

How else do you suppose so many people find LPSG, if not through hits at search engines?

Welcome to the Internet. :rolleyes:

5. Principessa

Gold Member

I made up a completely new nickname when I joined this site because I didn't want my friends to know I was here. But when I realized that the pics were available if googled I took down my face pics.

There aren't many men that could pick my pussy out of a lineup so I'm not too concerned about that.

6. MonsterUncut

MonsterUncut Active Member

Albums:
    Sorry everyone, didn't mean to insult anyone's computer/internet knowledge, in any way. I've learned alot from this site, especially from you Alex, and I thank those who have contributed. It's just I was once new to all this also, and only trying to give a heads up to those who didn't know.

Thanks everyone, and take care.
    Peace

7. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

If anyone is not already aware of this.... and SOOO many people are not... be wary of ANYTHING you post on the internet anywhere. This SEEMS like it should be a no-brainer... but so many people seem to think of the internet as something private which is just completely bizarre. They treat their blogs on myspace as if they were diaries hidden under their bed... when in reality posting a blog on myspace is closer to buying a billboard on the side of a busy highway. By posting something on the internet, you are publishing it and inviting the entire world to see it. Don't be surprised when they do.

8. Daddy Lucas

Gold Member

Albums:
    Thanks for the reminder. Big Brother is everywhere! Even in the confines of your safe a cozy computer room tucked away in your safe and cozy basement.

9. B_big dirigible

B_big dirigible New Member

It isn't a Big Brother problem. This isn't about spying. It's about a network doing exactly what it's supposed to be doing. If you put something out where it's visible, don't be surprised when people see it.

10. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

This nothing to what is going on. Try Google Earth. Give me your address and i will zoom in on your house. People need to wake up. Google earth is not the only software that is available for free for this purpose. i would never do this. It gives me the creeps

11. naughty

Gold Member

I dont know if they think it is private. I just think that sometimes they may get carried away and forget that possibility while in the midst...

12. Blocko

Blocko Member

Of course, if people really want to, they can also Digg your posts.

Google requires people to do a search... some of the other things people can do will actually put you out in front of a much wider audience.

13. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

Yes, I knew this. I took pics down a while ago for this reason. But eventually I stopped caring as much. Relatively few people would search for me under this nickname.

14. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Give me your address and I'll drive to your house and look at it with my own eyes. What's the difference? Except that I'd probably have a much better view from my car. Why do people get so creeped out by things you do just because it takes place on the internet?

If you are doing something outside of your home in public view, then you shouldn't be creeped out if someone sees you. Go back inside. Likewise, if you publish something on the internet, and we all are doing that every time we post anything here, then you should not be creeped out if someone finds it and reads it. If the thought of that DOES creep you out, then you need to stop using the internet and go back to writing in your journal. Privacy and isolation is NOT what the internet was designed for. BD is absolutely right, it's all about networking.

15. Rihanna

Rihanna New Member

It's what disappointed me about my handle suddenly becoming so popular overnight with the new music personality. I'm considering a switch. Particularly, because I don't want all the young kids who google that singer to end up here reading and seeing things they really probably shouldn't. We're all entitled to our childhood, innocence, and the music we love. So, thanks but no thanks Google. You are far too thorough!

16. DonaldDoe

DonaldDoe New Member

I'd say let them search your posts, Rihanna. It's not like you can go back in time and change all the 200 posts you've already made is it? I'd say the worse that happens is that they register and perhaps try out stuff like freeballing or sleeping naked, which is hardly a bad thing now is it? :)

Of course it'll be a lot more worrying if they started posting pictures of themselves naked. I don't know about you, but I don't want to see pictures of naked kids.

As for google archiving direct url's to your posts, well, that's how I got here (and I guess, many others). I have this nick on a couple of freeballing (and similar) forums, and no others.

17. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

I would guess that the worst that could happen would be a lot of underage people registering here and the site getting shut down as a result. :eek:

18. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Just the idea that Google Earth can see me looking at Google Earth at my computer desk makes my hair hurt.

19. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Im just saying to everyone this is real. With just a S.S# they can find out everything there is to know about us. So its ok if they bug your phones too? Nic. I say this just so people know. Thats it. Im like you if people want to watch me fine and listen to me talk on the phone. I have nothing to hide.:cool:

20. Rihanna

Rihanna New Member

Just the idea that Google Earth can probably see my own snatch makes me want to shave off all my pubes! lol Hey, c'mon. I had to say it. Pecker MADE me do it. The bastard.

Draft saved Draft deleted