What's a bigger enemy to a clean home?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What's a bigger enemy to a clean home: a puppy or a baby? Explain the difficulty in keeping house with one of these around.
I think it might be the puppy. They shed, they poop and pee everywhere. Babys at least keep most of their bodily fluids to a diaper. Then again there is the messy toddler phase with Cheerios everywhere, hmm. Nope I'm gonna stick with the puppy being the bigger enemy to a clean home.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
I think it might be the puppy. They shed, they poop and pee everywhere. Babys at least keep most of their bodily fluids to a diaper. Then again there is the messy toddler phase with Cheerios everywhere, hmm. Nope I'm gonna stick with the puppy being the bigger enemy to a clean home.
You can 'potty' train a puppy in a matter of days. After that, they are fairly harmless. They don't pull down table cloths, play with their food, leak out of their diapers, etc.

The worst thing that I've ever seen a puppy do is chew on a $2000 coffee table, but it was not well trained.

D_Hyacinth Harrytwat

Account Disabled
Media
Baby. Of course, everything depends on how well you train both, but puppies grow out of their messy phase a lot quicker than a baby. Also, a six month old baby doesn't even compare to a six month old puppy because the baby doesn't have the physical ability to do the same kind of damage the puppy can.

You can even buy pads that go down on your floor that are disposable like a diaper. So if you don't buy those and don't buy diapers for your baby, then puppy totally wins this argument. We had ours housebroken and doing her business on command in a day. Ok she's a border collie and they're ridiculously smart, but even the dumbest dog will refrain from peeing indoors out of fear.

Baby. Hands down. Dogs are really very easy, train quickly, and you can confine them during their destructive period. After that they're quite clean.

Babies can be in diapers for 3 years or more, throw food, throw up, pee, and poop. The amount of laundry a baby generates is staggering. The work a baby requires is enormous and that alone means other household chores don't get done when they should. Then there are the toys, the accessories, and all kinds of things that go in the dishwasher from breast pumps to nose syringes. You even have to get the thing its own bedroom! Then you face years and years of writing on walls, throwing-up on things, bed wetting accidents, tracking mud through the house, blowing stuff up, and possibly even wrecking your car or burning down your house. Kids are not for people who like minimalism or even a remotely clean house and do not have full-time staff.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
See! That is a too small closet. I love the hangy thing for purses. Mine are on the floor of my closet in a heap. :frown1:

Out of the same mold, I see. lol. "Heap" of purses? :tongue: That's the point. I don't own a "heap" of wallets.

I do, however, concede the hangy thing would technically get objects off the floor.

Media
The idiot that doesn't train the puppy, that's the biggest threat.

I have seen homes where dogs were just left to pee where they wanted. It was not pretty and it was a stinky mess. Yet they could afford 17K in windows that I installed for them.

I would have spent the money pulling up the carpet and replacing the floors.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well I have never had a baby in my house for longer that a few hours, but my dog was trained very early and does not tear things up and does all her business outside. I run the vacuum every day (she does shed a little in the warm months) and swiffer all of the other surfaces. I do have to say that those ionic air purifier things from Sharper Image really do help keep things cleaner.
In a nut shell. I have a dog and a really clean house. If I had a baby I'm sure my house would be just as clean you just can't be lazy and have a clean house.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There no room on the floor NJ! :eek:
The floor of my room is clean, the closet floor not so much. :redface:

Out of the same mold, I see. lol. "Heap" of purses? :tongue: That's the point. I don't own a "heap" of wallets.
That's because wallets aren't meant to coordinate with outfits. :rolleyes: Silly boy. :tongue:

[/quote] I do, however, concede the hangy thing would technically get objects off the floor.[/QUOTE] She just needs another hangy thing and maybe some shelves and bins. I once showed a pic of my closet to SeanSoCal and I swear he shrieked like a Girl Scout. :tongue::redface:

D_Hyacinth Harrytwat

Account Disabled
Media
The idiot that doesn't train the puppy, that's the biggest threat.

I have seen homes where dogs were just left to pee where they wanted. It was not pretty and it was a stinky mess. Yet they could afford 17K in windows that I installed for them.

I would have spent the money pulling up the carpet and replacing the floors.

Sorry to take this off topic but those people make my blood boil :mad:. Not that family in particular as I don't know them, but people who raise puppies (and children) irresponsibly.

Media
Sorry to take this off topic but those people make my blood boil :mad:. Not that family in particular as I don't know them, but people who raise puppies (and children) irresponsibly.

I agree.

This person was also licensed to own a rare species of California Tortoise that was roaming around out in the back yard. She did not put the poor guys away so we had to tread carefully.

When I moved the sofa to get to the main living room window, the brass coasters the sofa sat on, had rusted due to urine saturation.

PEE AND BE FREE! That woman needed her head examined.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
A dog can do as much damage as a baby can. Depends on your house. My son has broken laptops by dropping them, and a dog can create a lot of dmage by digging into things. Clothes or shoes or the like.

On one hand I can see differences. I have four dogs. My son won't eat an entire stick of butter. But my dogs have climbed on the table, eaten the butter and gone to sleep. On the table.

D_Hyacinth Harrytwat

Account Disabled
Media
I'd also like to throw out there that it's still legal to hit a dog if he's being really bad but not a kid, lest he speak up about it later and get your ass in jail.

Also, dogs will lick up any dropped food or crumbs in the kitchen. It took not living with a dog to realize how much they actually help there.