What's a black man to think? ... corrected version.

This is a great, we'll thought out reply. Heads up: people think of us in the same way. So it sounds like you feel it's my charisma that brings on all of the dick talk from strangers. What's a man to do?

Wondering, do you ever act on that 10%? :)

Not likely but I am pretty sure we could drink beer together and make dick jokes, if there aren't any football games on TV.

I was speaking in a broad, generalized sense about your indicated 10%. Trying to grasp what that means for you. :)

I used 10% because, I actually feel more than 1% but probably less than 5%.

wide9

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I actually struggled with the %. Couldn't say 0 with my "appreciation" of everyone on this site. So unealistically, if I were totally free to act on my gut physical interests, it would be 80% str8. So,h If I had the opportunity (and stamina) to be romantically active everyday, I would choose to be with a male 73 times in a given year. Lol.

Reactions: hypolimnas

wide9

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I think the discussion took the wrong exit again...

Good point. The last exit was pretty much of an aside. And it also seemed to me that we had exhausted the range of likely responses.

Please submit your personal observations and perspectives to bring us back on track.

Chrysippus

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Good point. The last exit was pretty much of an aside. And it also seemed to me that we had exhausted the range of likely responses.
Please submit your personal observations and perspectives to bring us back on track.

What's a black man to think when others ask him if he conforms to the all-blacks-are-big penis-size stereotype?
He can do one of at least three things:
he can reply that he does or doesn't, if he's so inclined;;
he can call the stupid fucker who asked the question on being pruriently stupid and offensive; or
he can walk away, and let the guy who asked the question figure out that it wasn't the smartest thing to do.

Some black guys may enjoy giving fools the ride they deserve by playing to the fears/prejudice of the guys who ask about black cock size. Hell, they may even whip it out and practice what the Romans called irrumatio, the insult of cock slapping the guy in the face and then forcibly shoving it in his mouth.

I remember when BBC was the British Broadcasting Corporation... :)

wide9

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I have a good friend, slso Black, who married a White women from a small northern town 15 years ago. They now have 3 children.

Her father objected to the union from the very beginning. And 88not because they clashed on key issues, outlook or class. He said no way to the datìng because he feared for a safety in bed.
He warned her that she would be ruined inside.

Years later, the father loves them all, but again, we are talking about a degree of ignorance from misinformation.

moonlightnbg

Expert Member
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Interesting thread which I have only discovered now. I haven't read all replies in detail, but would like to put my two cents in on the conversation.

It is part of human nature to be curious when meeting somebody new. In my opinion, these "small talk questions" serve the purpose of "sizing up" (no pun intended) this new person; carefully putting out feelers as to his social ranking. A question as harmless as "So what do you do for a living?" will deliver important information about intelligence and income (am I a clerk or a brain surgeon...). Married? Kids? All factors which point towards acceptance and status in mainstream society. This not only cements each person's own social status but also opens opportunity to asserting one's own status over the other.

So far so good. Now we are men - and with that animalistic instinct ingrained within in all of us, penis size too influences our MASCULINE social ranking. Not that we whip out our willies when meeting someone new... but after a few beers... one might be tempted to go down that animalistic path.

It is by no means unusual to hear a (slightly drunk) guy talking about how big his cock is. No breaking news. And indirectly he is asserting his masculinity in order to obtain a higher status and prestige in the eyes of the other males present. Now in a same-race situation, you can safely play this card. A white guy will assume that the other white guys will all be of average size - so if he believes to be better hung he can risk playing "the big dick card".

Getting closer to the OP'S question. Black men are stereotyped as always having big dicks. Now this poses a (subconscious) problem for white men in "sizing up" (pun intended) the competition. I therefore believe that the OP'S observation as a black man as to the behaviour of white men can be interpreted as follows:
A white man will subconsciously have an image gnawing in the back of his mind, that this nice black chap he is speaking to could well have a big penis; thereby having a higher masculine ranking. This subconsciously irritates him to the degree that the issue has to be settled. So even if inappropriate, he will pick up on the topic with someone he hardly knows. By gauging the reaction of his counterpart (confident confirmation / bashfull denial) he will be able to see in how far the larger penis is a means of asserting masculinity and therefore his inherently male social status.

Reactions: Grower82

hypolimnas

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Getting closer to the OP'S question. Black men are stereotyped as always having big dicks. Now this poses a (subconscious) problem for white men in "sizing up" (pun intended) the competition. I therefore believe that the OP'S observation as a black man as to the behaviour of white men can be interpreted as follows:
A white man will subconsciously have an image gnawing in the back of his mind, that this nice black chap he is speaking to could well have a big penis; thereby having a higher masculine ranking. This subconsciously irritates him to the degree that the issue has to be settled. So even if inappropriate, he will pick up on the topic with someone he hardly knows. By gauging the reaction of his counterpart (confident confirmation / bashfull denial) he will be able to see in how far the larger penis is a means of asserting masculinity and therefore his inherently male social status.

I think it is better just to ask "do you want me to flop it out on the table to shut you up?" It cuts through the crap to the heart of the issue. Then they'll shut up or blow you.

wide9

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I think it is better just to ask "do you want me to flop it out on the table to shut you up?" It cuts through the crap to the heart of the issue. Then they'll shut up or blow you.

Following your logic, I should be able to assume that the White man who poses the dick question is himself hung small and insecure?

marinera

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I am white, sometimes some friends joked that I am (was?) half black, because my size down there; innocente jokes between young guys, they didn't even really believe to the stereotype IMHO. I would never make allusions to penis size related to ethnicity with a black or asian guy, it is just retarded.

Reactions: wide9

hypolimnas

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Following your logic, I should be able to assume that the White man who poses the dick question is himself hung small and insecure?

I think you can assume all guys are interested in cock, and like to see them (even very briefly) if the vibe is right. Just ask them if they are up for a quick size contest then you can know more about how they feel about their own size lol.

wide9

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I think you can assume all guys are interested in cock, and like to see them (even very briefly) if the vibe is right. Just ask them if they are up for a quick size contest then you can know more about how they feel about their own size lol.

I'm sure that most straight guys are not interested in frìendly cock play. The mere idea of being exposed that way with no practical reason is both taboo and very gay. Big and gay men, though are far more cock focused.

napwayne

Expert Member
Media
I get these kinds of comments/jokes all the time. It's even worse abroad. The fucked up part is the white guys could be, and probably are, bigger than me -- a little over 5" on brick. sometimes i really dont know what to say

Reactions: wide9

Maybe you should stop surrounding yourselves with white people since this is becoming an issue. Ah eureka!