What's An Alabaster Cantaloupe?

lemont77

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Alabaster

It's a compliment they were just saying you have a large muscles.

I love a woman who gets to the point. Actually, I love anyone who gets to the point.

In this instance, Alabaster is referring to the color and apparent texture and solidity of your arm.

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have been impressed with your insight in other threads, such as the mormon one a few weeks ago. I like your unique way of speaking.

About ten people read the threads to one that posts, (a little spooky) I saw your excersize program thread, but way too much to get done outside this time of year than to increase workout time, or anything else indoors.

I remember your early posts here about being bothered by being looked at by guys in the gym.

Happy Birthday!

Male Bonding etc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
And I am glad no one decided to blast me for saying British Colombia instead of British Columbia.

Dukey, thanks for reminding me that you have posted a workout routine! I did look at it and thought I'd come back again for a more careful reading when I had more time. Then, yes, sorry, I forgot. So, I'll be looking at it and seeing if it works for me. Thanks!

dukey

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Alabaster Cantaloupe - wasn't that one of those psychedelic bands back in the 1970's?
You're such a cut-up, Gregory Pecker (black and white reference just like your pic). You always make me laugh.

Bonding: I've been here for a while and I'm still shy man. Just because I'm physically strong doesn't mean I can't still be shy. There's other qualities I have that make me timid.

dukey

Male Bonding etc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I've been here for a while and I'm still shy man. Just because I'm physically strong doesn't mean I can't still be shy. There's other qualities I have that make me timid.
Okay, but "shy" or "timid" do not have to be permanent conditions.

I thought of myself as a shy kid, and there still are plenty of times when I feel like it's awkward to behave in a "forward" way because someone is powerful or attractive. I'm not suggesting one should behave like a stalker, but it's really not that hard to talk in a "normal" way to someone who's running for president or who looks good. I've done both (and more) without looking nervous, and sometimes I've even done it without FEELING nervous.

dukey

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Not to sound like I'm feeling sorry for myself, here. It is difficult for me to speak in a "normal" way to anyone. I have a terrible stutter.

Maybe I make up for it in other places. With the exception of the stutter, I'm pretty well off, physically.

Luckily,
my stutter doesn't come through when I type.

dukey

Male Bonding etc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Sorry about the stutter. I had a friend who stuttered terribly, and he was someone who really had a lot of important things to say, too. I'm sure you have had therapy and advice out the whazoo, but let me tell you what my friend did.

He could sing beautifully without stuttering, and sometimes he would sort of sing what he had to say. He was a skinny guy, not built like you, but if you don't think it sounds too wussy, you may find being a little musical is helpful.

Of course you could also find all kinds of excuses to text everything to people. Your typing indeed does not show any trace of a stutter. lol

dukey

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
The stutter's pretty well here to stay. Although it doesn't happen as much as it used to. I'm pretty well okay with it now. Just don't try to finish my sentences. If I open up enough to talk to you it's because I think highly of you. I usually mean what I say so let me say it.

I also despise when people make fun of it. A kid at school had his jaw shattered by my fist because he kept teasing me on account of my stutter. He's now my workout partner and a pretty good chum. If anything ever happened, I know that he'd have my back, and I'd have his. So it's no issue if we break each other's chops every now and again.

dukey

PS -- I know you folks mean well, but please no more internet speech pathology in my IM's. Thanks.