What's Best To Use?

KenyanStallion: I'm sure this question has been asked countless times before, and I'm sorry to those of you have answered these questions time and time again. But please bear with me.
I started trimming the hair around my groin a couple of months ago, along with actually shaving my penis. I love the look and the feel. Except when the hair starts to come back. You know, the stubble? Anyway, I can deal with shaving on a regular basis, but it seems that every other time I shave, razor burn ensues. Not just on the penis, but everywhere else I use the razor. (Mach III razor, and Gillette shave gel, sensitive skin). I'm not sure what's best to use in this scenario. I shave while I am in the shower, so I've done the warm water and what not. What works best? Should I use an electric razor? If so, what kind? Or a trimmer of some kind? What are the names, and where can I find what's out there that works? My goal is to reduce the burn, and the painful sensitivity that comes along a day or so afterward. Thanks for all the help.

prepky: if it is ever other time that you are getting razor burn, it could be that the razor is dull, or you are pushing to hard, or taking several strokes over the same area of skin, I know that when I finish shaving down there, I try to put some aloe vera based lotion on it, and after a while you will not get the razor burn at all, once the skin toughens up some...or at least that is my expierence