What's courting?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by 8060, Apr 4, 2008.

1. 8060

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    In thinking back about all of the short term relationships that you have experienced, do you think that the act of 'courting' has fallen out of the modern relationship?

2. chavous

chavous New Member

people still "court" in smaller towns. You hear of it less.

3. chavous

chavous New Member

P.s. I'd Like To Court Your Cock!

4. 8060

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I bet you would:wink: LOL

5. 8060

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I don't think that it's a real metropolitan activity anymore. That's why I asked. I still it's important part of building a strong relationship though.

6. ledroit

ledroit New Member

Albums:
    courting is more than a single act. But good question. Knowing and being known don't happen overnight, but they are the backbone of desire.

7. solexes

solexes New Member

Actualy - yes....Courting does still occur.

It is the traditional dating period before engagement and marriage. During a courtship a couple dates to get to know each other and decide if there will be an engagement. Usually courtship is a public affair, done in public and with family approval. (Wikipedia).

My boyfriend / husband and I courted. I'll modify this to mean - a good long period of time before sex occurs. In the gay world - its odd to find someone who will wait past date 2. We "courted" almost three months before going the extra mile. We would go to the bar - resturant - family outings and stuff - on dates BEFORE calling each other partner / boyfriend AND before sex....

Gays cant marry - so this is as close as its going to get.

8. Principessa

Gold Member

Courting is not routinely done in mainstream America anymore. However, it is common within a few religious groups: Orthodox Jews, Muslims and Amish all still have a formal courting period.

Before googling courting I wasn't aware it was not synonymous with dating. :redface: Perhaps that's why I have always hated dating. It's meaningless and serves no purpose. From what I can gather, dating is just two people going out having a good time, with no future goal in mind. Courtship is done with the intent that it will lead to marriage.

I'm ready for courtship. :flirt:

9. naughty

Gold Member

PA,

I am ready for someone to court you as well! I want you to have the safety and cherishing that courtship provides. It gives you a chance to enjoy one another without freaking out wondering where this is going. When the person isnt playing around it is so much different. I will be praying for you to experience that as well.

10. unabear09

Gold Member

Albums:

^^^^^ couldn't agree with you any more nj.... I hate the whole dating scene bullshit. I want to meet someone, get to know them, and then court them until we decide to marry (if she's the one). But, I guess I'm just hung up on my old southern ways. lol:wink:

11. naughty

Gold Member

NOthing wrong with that .But then I am Southern myself! :biggrin1:

12. 8060

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Naughty, unabear, & nj, y'all feel the emotion that I was looking for. Dating sucks. 360 degrees. There is nothing wrong with wanting more. We should all want more.

I sometimes look at society and how we interact with each other and feel like everybody else is okay with just dating. Then, divorce is so trivial. We might be able to curb some of that if we courted more often instead of just dating someone. Dating to me is just hanging out. I can do that with anybody.

Draft saved Draft deleted