What's GOOD about getting older?

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
Most people get out of shape as they get older, so if you stay in shape you get better looking relative to other people your age. I get more compliments on my body now than when I was younger.

Completely agree with you, Jovial. Nice bod, btw... :mischievous:

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
probably no chance I'll be making any babies.

I spend much less money at the hair salon.

I need way less shampoo.

I can clean some of my teeth in a cup

I don't have to worry about what to eat my doctor tells me that.

If I drop over dead someone else will have to pay for it.

Nrets

Experimental Member
Media
If you are of the deviant sort, you can play off things like shoplifting to being forgetful and not realizing you pocketed the batteries.

Free drinks at fast food places.

You can find other old people that you probably would not have talked to when younger and have awesome conversations. My 85 year old Dad talks to everyone nowadays. And he is a pretty asocial person.

There is less Bullshit. As you approach the great equalizer...BS feels more and more pointless and taxing.

If you live long enough, you will get closer to realizing what is really important to you.

You remember things that are interesting to history nerds. "Remember when Dad drove the Packard down to the butcher to get a cut of veal with his last 37 cents and since it was that weird butcher who sold 5 cent Pepsicola in addition to meat, Dad sold your baseball mit for a nickel to some tramp on the street?"

I dunno what else. I really should be writing a paper. Does procrastination get better with age?

Last edited:

yhtang

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The best thing about becoming older. Sorry, I forgot. :wink:

The heart remains a child.
:smile:

Alas, for some, the behaviour regresses to that of a child! I am looking after my father - his is almost 80 years old, and he has the beginnings of Alzheimers. Right now, seeing the way my father is deteriorating, I have no wish to live to my 70's.

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
It is easier to make friends with people your own age.

Because everyone is getting older right along with you, everything is going in reverse; "40 is the new 30, 50 is the new 40," etc. :biggrin1:

I'm just not as uptight any more.

Sex lasts longer and more important, is more meaningful. :smile:

I got inspired to start this one after seeing this other thread here. Aging is not for sissies, as someone said once.

But being in my 50s is the best time of my life so far!

• I know who I am as a person
  • I'm much more accepting of myself and others
  • Little things don't bother me as much anymore
  • I can still work to keep my body in decent shape
  • My cock gets hard when I want it to, but it doesn't embarrass me anymore with tentpole hard-ons in sensitive situations!

What truly, truly amazes me is when people far younger than me start hitting on me. My ego is very thankful for those times!

On balance, I wouldn't go back and be younger again.

What do YOU think?

These are all great *except* my cock still gets hard when it wants (like right now!) but I just reach down, adjust it to straight up like it wants, and don't give a shit who sees it!
:biggrin1:

Last edited:

D_Brecock Evileye

Sexy Member
Media
Woman over eighteen have started hitting on me. I am very young looking and highschool girls were the only ones to hit on me thru most of my twentys. I am thirty now and have ladys in thair mid to early twentys thinking I am the same age. Finaly, leagal woman want me and dont think "awww what a cute boy, woman will like him when he grows up." and my self confidence and wisdom continue to grow and expand.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Getting carded when buying liquor makes me giddy. :biggrin1: I know it's the store policy and I don't care. :smile: I like seeing them do a double take when they look at my birth date then look at me.

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Telling people to fuck off and not feeling guilty for it, maybe.

Damn right....you've lived, you've experienced so many highs and lows (some lessons repeatedly until learned), you feel assured in your own being....you know your boundaries without a doubt, if someone crosses that boundary...in no uncertain terms...FUCK OFF! :biggrin1:

What's also good? Getting come on signals from MILF cashier clerks. I'm not that way inclined, but still it's a compliment!

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
There are three phases in life.

Not realising it may be important,

Worrying about it being important,

and not caring about it being important.

Personally, I skipped stage two, or maybe I'm stuck in one.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Several people have mentioned about "little things don't bother me as much as they used to". I've noticed that in me - I don't sweat the small stuff as much.

However, financial stability is NOT the case with me. I was financially stable from 1995 to 2005, but have not been financially stable since 2005. :frown1: I am back to being as financially unstable as I was in my early twenties - and having to take the same kinds of jobs, too! :eek:. This is not small stuff so I DO sweat this! I dream of being financially stable again..

But things that don't affect me directly, I don't sweat it. Other people can live their lives the way they want to and I will live my life the way I want - although there are things that are out of my control that are affecting my life now (see previous paragraph...) Not sweating small stuff that doesn't affect me, and a more "live and let live" attitude, is actually a good thing that came out of me having a life-threatening illness. Previous to the illness I was more hot under the collar about certain things. I can still get hot under the collar if it affects me directly, but if it doesn't, I don't sweat it.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The heart remains a child.
:smile:
Fucking profound.

I am looking after my father - his is almost 80 years old, and he has the beginnings of Alzheimers. Right now, seeing the way my father is deteriorating, I have no wish to live to my 70's.

This really wasn't the way I wanted that bit to go.:confused::frown1:

But I must say to YHTANG, I know a buddy who went through the same thing. (He lost his father. He went through a lot. He never abandoned his father.)

Your father needs you though. He can't help the way he is. You should do the best you can, buddy. If no one is going to do it, then, no one else is going to look after him. Alzheimers can happen to anyone along with other health matters.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Yes, agree with most of what was stated above. Especially that sense of self: knowing one's strengths and limitations, assets and faults, being at one with it and being much less concerned about what others think.

I'll add that one grows less tolerant of complications and unnecessary bullshit (as earl said above). I said here once that after awhile one's skin gets "thin" from overexposure to the latter - while at the same time one's sense of appreciation for simpler things increases.

In later years, your focus on what (and more importantly who) in your life really matters gets 20-20 sharp.

yhtang

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

But I must say to YHTANG, I know a buddy who went through the same thing. (He lost his father. He went through a lot. He never abandoned his father.)

Your father needs you though. He can't help the way he is. You should do the best you can, buddy. If no one is going to do it, then, no one else is going to look after him. Alzheimers can happen to anyone along with other health matters.

Thanks invisibleman, I continue to look after my father, but thankfully, his Alzheimers is not too bad (yet).

The good thing about him aging is that he is not so much of a disciplinarian anymore, and he is a bit easier to talk to. He used to be very strict with us kids.

The family joke is that my father is teaching us patience... it might be a long wait for our inheritance. :biggrin1:

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

Thanks invisibleman, I continue to look after my father, but thankfully, his Alzheimers is not too bad (yet).

The good thing about him aging is that he is not so much of a disciplinarian anymore, and he is a bit easier to talk to. He used to be very strict with us kids.

The family joke is that my father is teaching us patience... it might be a long wait for our inheritance. :biggrin1:

My buddy's father was the same way with him, too. He was a disciplinarian, too. So I will tell you YHTANG all what I told my buddy. With the Alzheimers, the brain goes through changes...the man you knew will be no more...and if he acts crazy or says mean things...that it is his brain doing it all and not the spirit of the man who raised you. He simply cannot help doing them.

There will be some distressing things...brace for them and not take them personal. It is brain activity. I feel for you, buddy. I hope that you aren't too hard on yourself.

Fathers and mothers aren't perfect...but in the eyes of a child...they are closer to God.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
what is good about getting older? nothing!

Well, Marco. The attitude creates your altitude, bud.

There is something good about getting older. The things you fear you neither fear nor give a fuck about. When you are older, you are braver. Youth is the age for making mistakes. And time for exorcising demons and obstacles of the past. When you are older, you don't give a fuck. Hehehe. Better creativity through senility. Hehehe. :biggrin1: