Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh please.

Being a woman?
Really?

Yeah, they got it sooooo tough.

Here's the only answer that makes sense...
No matter how tough any black male has it, or any woman, or gay person...

There is someone else who has it tougher.

Everybody should just quit their bitching and get on with life.

You suffer what you CHOSE to suffer.
You suffer what you chose to suffer ? I can give you plenty of examples of situations that people suffer that are beyond their control but I don't bother . That statement sound like you believe in absolute free will . To me people that believe in absolute free will are really naive or delusional .

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
simple question

what do you think it is harder to be in america?

a black male
a homosexual
any other minority
a black woman
a woman period

?

in my opinion its a black male. but that's just speaking from my own experience.

I think what you're really asking is who (whom?) of the above most skillfully plays the victim role in the court of public opinion.

Biggin'

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
lets think of this as ....where does most public money go? .....Who pays the least amount of taxes and gets the most government services in return?

and being able to claim discrimination at the drop of a hat helps.

ballsaplenty2156

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I believe Black people make life harder on themselves than it has to be in this country.
Quit trying to compare yourselves to what you percieve "White America" having and just get on with your own business. Don't look to blame white people for all the wrongs going on in your communities today. Yes, there has been inequities in the past. Most of them have been addressed and dealt with. But as long as "Black America" uses them as excuses to not address their own internal problems, in their own communities, they will continue to be chains holding you back from advancing in this society.
Latinos, Asians and others coming into this country, have made themselves a part of the American mosaic advancing themselves in society and business, far quicker and with considerably less problems than have American Blacks.
Don't worry about what "White America" has, and just start achieving for yourselves to the best of your abilities.
Slavery wasn't invented with blacks being forced to come to America, I am of Irish ancestry, and what the British did to my people makes the slavery in America, pale in comparison. There have been slaves in practically every society in history, yet we don't hear Armenians demanding special rights or protections because the Turks enslaved them, in just this past century.
It's not racism that's holding you back, it's your lack of taking responsibility for your own failings.
Stop crying about things that you haven't experienced for over 150 years, and start putting things right in your own house.
I know that I'll be called a racists for writing what I did, but I'm not. I'm just fed up with the same bull**** being used as a conversation piece here.
You can't browbeat people into accepting your behavior or excuses.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
simple question

what do you think it is harder to be in america?

a black male
a homosexual
any other minority
a black woman
a woman period

?

in my opinion its a black male. but that's just speaking from my own experience.

I think that it would be harder to be a Conservative. Even if a Conservative wants to fuck a gay black man or any prejudiced minority, a Conservative would always have to consider a lot of things before they would actually do anything...non-Conservative.:rolleyes:

For example, could you EVEN imagine Mitt Romney EVEN doing a black man or EVEN a black woman? I couldn't imagine HIM on Soul Train. I could see Hillary Clinton on Soul Train. I could see Obama on Soul Train. I cannot see Mitt Romney on Soul Train. I couldn't see George W. Bush on Soul Train.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
IMO, The only thing more difficult than being a Black male in America is being an Iraqi or other 'middle eastern looking' male.
You got that one right. Mind you, I don't get stopped and frisked by the regular police as much as the average black man does (only happened a handful of times at the request of others who are suspicious of me); I do however have constant stops from the Feds. For those who are not aware, the Feds can, will, and do stop persons 'of interest' on a regular basis and drag us in for questioning. All a Federal agent has to do is show their badge, instruct me to come with them and that's it. What? I'm going to fight them and be shot dead? No thanks. Am I thrilled by the stops? Do be serious! However, I look at it as something which is being done for the safety of all and therefore don't get bent out of shape. Am I happy with the fact that the Feds can hold me for any length of time and that it can be days or longer before I can obtain legal representation? No. (Once held for 9 days, finally assigned counsel and let out an hour later). On the bright side, I now know a few Federal Agents by name.

The local police only once broke down my door to get to me-I was stupidly listening to music with my headphones and didn't hear them approaching. The Feds stripped my apartment completely in a fruitless search-TWICE! Included was taking up floorboards, kitchen floor tiles, and removing the windows. Again, I don't like it; but, given the current climate of suspicion, I understand it.

(Stops by the Feds. have happened in the Post Office, in a bank, on the street, in a park while eating a sandwich, and at a grocery checkout. Oddly, the airports have been less problematic.)

As to the OP and who has it the worst, this probably at least in part depends where persons are and how they comport themselves. In day to day life I would say a black male homosexual probably has it a heck of a lot worse than I do. Most of the black women who I know, even those who have a difficult time in life are very strong in their approach to life and are not the sort to take any nonsense and I have rarely found them complaining about their situations. Other 'minorities' (what the fuck is a minority these days anyway? Doesn't that vary from one place to another?) may have it worse at times-how does a Korean feel when going through Harlem? How does a Martian feel when going through Chelsea? How does a straight woman feel in a gay mens bar?

Oh-one more thing-the Feds gave me a gift of lice one time. How can I be against such generosity:rolleyes:?

Biggin'

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
amen, balls a plenty.

and invisible man, i agree somewhat with what you said. But the stranges thing, for some reason, conservitives are expected to be "straight"....hetero, dont use drugs, cant dance (haha) you know what i mean.

But i guess thats because liberals really bend morality somewhat...
Like, oh that conservative had an affair *GASP* people are surprised by that ...
but i guess that type of behavior is expected from a liberal, who was just "doing what makes you feel good" ....and usually at the expense of others....hmmmm.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
simple question
<...>

I think that pretty much answers your question. It would have been an easier question to answer had you asked "who do you think has it easier?" And of course, obviously, the answer from any person is going to be "all the groups except the one I belong to."

IMO, The only thing more difficult than being a Black male in America is being an Iraqi or other 'middle eastern looking' male.
I know a few asian Indian folks, and even though they are not "middle eastern" nor muslim, only one of them claims to have experienced very little discrimination. A couple of them (of the Sikh faith) have even been threatened, one was beaten. Quiet, peace-loving folks attacked because they have dark skin, a beard, and wear a turban. You really have to wonder about such ignorant fucks to assault a Sikh because they hate Muslims. Makes about as much sense as killing a cat because you hate horses.

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think being a black male male in America is amazingly difficult, but being a gay black male is probably the most difficult. Especially if you're effeminate.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think that it would be harder to be a Conservative. Even if a Conservative wants to fuck a gay black man or any prejudiced minority, a Conservative would always have to consider a lot of things before they would actually do anything...non-Conservative.:rolleyes:

For example, could you EVEN imagine Mitt Romney EVEN doing a black man or EVEN a black woman? I couldn't imagine HIM on Soul Train. I could see Hillary Clinton on Soul Train. I could see Obama on Soul Train. I cannot see Mitt Romney on Soul Train. I couldn't see George W. Bush on Soul Train.

and invisible man, i agree somewhat with what you said. But the stranges thing, for some reason, conservitives are expected to be "straight"....hetero, dont use drugs, cant dance (haha) you know what i mean.

But i guess thats because liberals really bend morality somewhat...
Like, oh that conservative had an affair *GASP* people are surprised by that ...
but i guess that type of behavior is expected from a liberal, who was just "doing what makes you feel good" ....and usually at the expense of others....hmmmm.

I didn't mean that Conservatives aren't able to dance. I danced with a lot of them in my youth. It is just that Conservatives aren't true to themselves. Yeah, Mitt Romney could've had sex with a gay black Mormon...but because of who he is...and what he has become in the world...his status...his whole life. The public would never see that side of him in that way. You say something lurid to that effect...and people would drop their lemonade glasses and clutch the pearls.

Does it mean that there aren't bad sides to Mitt Romney? No. He could've done it with twenty black women. But because he is a Conservative...you look at him and think...
Ken Doll. No cock. No balls. Just a pretty face...a wife and this REALLY guygantic family. You know? He seems very predictable. A clean slate.

Liberals...I can be honest. I have been dishonest. I have slept with many guys. I never slept with women. I have stolen. I have fought. I never killed anyone. I have lied...but only to protect the parties involved. I am not a vegetarian. I do like gardening though. I am not a saint. But I really like seeing the imperfections in people. And when you get Conservatives, and the whole thing with morals...I am like "YOU are no better than I". You are better at disguises and denial than I am. And maybe, I do not like pretending that people and things are all right and moral when people and things are not. I like seeing truths even apart from mine. There are reasons for everything that we do in life. And to explain them away or deny them...is a lie.

You will never hear a Conservative admit their dishonesty or their imperfections. Only when they are caught, do they ever admit their wrongs.

Stop crying about things that you haven't experienced for over 150 years, and start putting things right in your own house.
I know that I'll be called a racists for writing what I did, but I'm not. I'm just fed up with the same bull**** being used as a conversation piece here.
You can't browbeat people into accepting your behavior or excuses.

I think this resonates with a lot of whites because, frankly, they don't see any of the privilege whites are supposed to enjoy in American society. We get up, worry about bills, worry about jobs, worry about our kids, taxes, traffic, health, and everything else everyone else worries about. If there's privilege involved, the uninsured, the near foreclosed, the unemployed, the people wondering what they have to give up to afford food and gas sure as hell don't see it.

Every day we compete, we socialize, we live like anyone else and it's hard. Pretty much every day, race doesn't enter into any consideration at all.

And when whites do think about race it's when they go to get a job and worry if a minority is going to bet the job just because the company needs to fill some affirmative action quota. They might drive or walk through a minority section of town and worry they'll be targeted because they're white. Conversely, they might think about Obama running for president and feel he might just really change things. They might think about how much they love listening to traditionally black genres of music. They might think about black sports and entertainment figures they admire.

So when white hear about all the supposed advantages white people enjoy, the white folk immediately enumerate everything they have to deal with in life and think, "advantages?? WHAT advantages??," and then they remind themselves that somewhere out there, likely in the deep south, but not here, racism is still alive and well. Then a little guilt kicks in because they remind themselves that there was slavery and Jim Crow laws and segregation, and everything else and so they let the complaints slide.

I think you have to have a soul, not just have soul, to be on Soul Train.

Biggin'

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
people can be moral, and most are..Or most of the ones i know anyway.

Saying all conservatives arent true to themselves show nothing but your own bias. If they arent a liberal, whatever else they are doent matter to you.

I would like to do some rather ugly things, or maybe kill. But I dont. But to deny yourself things isnt bad, or not being true to yourself.. Like being a conservative kosher jew. You cant eat pork, meat and cheese, etc.

What do you say to Log Cabin Republicans?

Not that this is the case with the LCR's, but..

Can one have a particular lifestyle and be vocal about how that particular lifestyle is not good for people? be it regarding sexual preferance, or drugs, or diet?

I just wish that this whole lib / conservative issue gets just as blurred as the inevitability of the human race being 1 color. The world is getting smaller and smaller, and racial lines WILL be blurred.

Biggin'

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You will never hear a Conservative admit their dishonesty or their imperfections. Only when they are caught, do they ever admit their wrongs.

Elliot spitzer, Al Sharpton, Bill & Hill, Ted KEnnedy. They are all the same. They have public lives. They never admit that shit either.

Keep voting for the same people youve been voting for for decades, and if things are still soooo bad, why do they still vote for them?

I think the Dems will nominate Hillary, and why not? the rest of their dumed-down emotionally guided robots will just go back to them like they have for decades after not making anything better for them, so it seems.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I thought I made a fairly thought-provoking post the first time. But one other thing to consider: which of the listed groups in the OP are having laws passed and constitutions amended, specifically to deny them rights? It must be the women. No, wait, it's the black males, that's it.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
DC_DEEP, you kill me! You are right, sir. It's the racial minorities who are suffering the slings and arrows of unjust laws and constitutional amendments to deny them rights.

In Europe, I believe those who have it hardest are the French, black, lesbian, jewish short women forced to live in Germany and Austria.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
people can be moral, and most are..Or most of the ones i know anyway.

Saying all conservatives arent true to themselves show nothing but your own bias. If they arent a liberal, whatever else they are doent matter to you.

Enlighten me on how that is.

I would like to do some rather ugly things, or maybe kill.

I think that the mind is a frightening thing. I don't have the urge to kill anyone. I hope that it never comes to that point. But every person living has the potential to kill. Another dark side of the human condition.

But I dont. But to deny yourself things isnt bad, or not being true to yourself.. Like being a conservative kosher jew. You cant eat pork, meat and cheese, etc.

Or that vegan bodybuilder that does poppers and smokes crack. I know that guy. And he is gay...and can't be bothered with any man that isn't buff. (Some are so sophisticated. :smile:)

What do you say to Log Cabin Republicans?

Nothing.
Not that this is the case with the LCR's, but..Can one have a particular lifestyle and be vocal about how that particular lifestyle is not good for people? be it regarding sexual preferance, or drugs, or diet?

Yeah, you have the freedom to express what you want. Yeah. Also Americans have a choice to believe, to think, and to choose. Everyone is different. But that is what we are talking about. People are different. It is all gray matter. Nothing is ever black or white.

I just wish that this whole lib / conservative issue gets just as blurred as the inevitability of the human race being 1 color. The world is getting smaller and smaller, and racial lines WILL be blurred.

Well, Conservatives will always have issues with Liberals because we aren't Conservative.

Elliot spitzer, Al Sharpton, Bill & Hill, Ted KEnnedy. They are all the same. They have public lives. They never admit that shit either.

Keep voting for the same people youve been voting for for decades, and if things are still soooo bad, why do they still vote for them?

I didn't vote for any of the Bushes or Reagan. I voted for Gore/Kerry/Obama for their respective Presidential elections. Americans can vote for Bush or any Bush-a-like. Things may get worse anyway. Maybe that is the scheme of all things...to fuck it all up to H.

I think the Dems will nominate Hillary, and why not?

Obama is a Democrat just like Hillary. I like them both. I like Obama. I like John Edwards. I like the Clintons.

the rest of their dummed-down emotionally guided robots will just go back to them like they have for decades after not making anything better for them, so it seems.

Dumed downs can go both ways. I didn't vote for Bush. Yet somehow he got in there twice.:rolleyes: Eight years and America is still assed up. Bill Clinton cheated on his wife. Yeah. But he got America from a deficit and into a surplus.

sure is quiet in here. i scared em all away?

No. You didn't scare me away. We are just talkin'. I am not afraid to discuss politics or religion. But we still are entitled to our opinions. Besides this wasn't a competition over who is more valid...more like an illustration of perspectives of two peeps on the internet. That is all. :smile:

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I thought I made a fairly thought-provoking post the first time. But one other thing to consider: which of the listed groups in the OP are having laws passed and constitutions amended, specifically to deny them rights? It must be the women. No, wait, it's the black males, that's it.

Actually, it is people who are in their 60s and older who have it rough. Older peeps do not get proper respect and health care. If you live that long, you deserve some respect. And humane treatment in the health care system.