What's in a name?

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
My name everywhere online is Helgaleena Healingline. I started out as Healing Line but there were too many of them and I wanted to dominate Google so I named myself hlglne for short but putting different vowels back in makes things easier and also hints at my ethnicity.

Its meaning is holy magdalen.

The original Helgaleena was a plush moose who took journeys between school classrooms around the world as an exercise in international friendship among children. It began in Norway.

masked_marauder

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Mine is not actually a reference to this comic character (as some may think), but rather is a combination of the names of my college and high school mascots.

(Up until recently, I had a different name, of which I was starting to tire, so I asked the admin to change it to this. Cheers.)

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've answered this at least once before. Here was the last time (quite some time ago, i might add... damn, i'm gettin' old!)

Anyway, the story is thus:

When i was 17, and a Junior in high school I was dating a wonderful man (wonderful, in this case, is pure sarcasm). As it happened, he was 10 years my senior. OOOooops! (I never got quite around to correcting him when he assumed i was 20). One of my good friends from school, Krystal, found it quite intriguing, and started referring to me as his "boytoy." Well, "BoyToy" stuck, and my immediate circle of friends started to call me BoyToy with regularity (in fact, i'm listed in some of my HS yearbook pictures as "BoyToy").

Some years later i was in college and ran into one of my high school friends. He couldn't quite remember my old nickname and called me "JoyBoy" by mistake. I thought it was hilarious, and the next time i saw Krystal i told her about it. She, too, was smitten with giggles, and smooshed JoyBoy together with BoyToy and thus was birthed "JoyBoyToy."

The 79, contrary to what anyone else may suggest *ignore the avatar!* is simply the year I was born.

Fleur

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Mine is reference to a character in a book series by John Galsworthy that I like.