What's in your purse?

jackinman: Or better yet, can someone please tell me what's in Queen Elizabeth's pocketbook? I mean come on folks she is the QUEEN. If she sneezes a hundred hands with tissues will be ready to clean her snots, she definately doesn't carry any of the things that Nony has in her purse, so what is in that pocketbook? :D

Sorry Nony for veering this topic so early in your thread. But I'm just a curious guy ::)

No offense to our friendly British members.

Ok back to Nony's thread folks.

gigantikok: [quote author=AnonyMs link=board=women;num=1064110425;start=0#0 date=09/20/03 at 19:04:44]
four pens
[/quote]
I glanced over this too quickly and coulda sworn I read something else! Me and my dirty, dirty mind. ;D

wvalady1968: 7 lipsticks
3 pens
calculator
checkbook
cell phone
lotion
wallet
eye drops
raffle tickets [that I'm selling]
sun glasses
coin purse
dental floss
note pad

Damn! No wonder my back hurts!
Have you ever wondered why guys are intimidated by purses?

sammygirly: OMG you're making me open and do inventory...here goes:

Wallet
cell phone
keys
Work ID tag
4 chapsticks
3 cigarette lighters
2 chequebooks (one that only has one lonely cheque left on it, one full)
2 used movie ticket stubs (Underworld and Freddy vs Jason)
a zillion old bank receipts
many old and paid bill receipts
my most recent cable bill
many old pay stubs
2 dinky cars for my son
1 prewrapped wetnap
...and seemingly a lot of loose tobacco and odd dust in the bottom....
OH! and four escaped pennies
....and A letter and card from my early days with Max, ragged and worn but the most precious thing in my purse

smallcard.JPG

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
When I was a kid, Mom would watch Art Linkletter's House Party every afternoon. During the broadcast Art would spend some time walking up and down the aisles in the audience interviewing various folks and he'd suddenly grab a lady's purse and go through it right there on live TV. Naturally it was embarrassing and hilarious but I often wondered how much stuff he found that he didn't dare show the viewing audience.

Pecker

(For Sale: Parachute. Used only once. Never opened. Small red stain.)

GreenEyes: This one is a toughy...

I have a travel purse that one could wear on hips or neck that I seem to rely on with my personal information. This way if out at a bar or club I strap it about my waist and don't have to worry about it.

Then I have a one of those cycling type of cloth bags I have been using as a pocket book. Shrugs do not ask me why for I have other bags.

OK this is what is in it:

tissues
napkins
an orange (removing it now)
a bottle of water
sanitary napkin
small brush
3 pony tail holders
excedrin for migrane
tylenol
bayer
alieve
rolaids
floppy case holder holding three floppies
one loose floppy
papers concering work
ID for work
Certs
four lighters
money
one lipstick
one lipliner
one chapstick
small address book
small calendar
memo pad type thing
four pens
two pencils
that travel purse thingy

Ok in the travel puse thing

small rosary
business card
receipts (removing now)
eclipse flash breath strips
ATM
Visa card
Insurance emergency card
Insurance card
registration
liscense
reservation for flight from August (that taking out now)
Silverlink London Euston trin ticket (removing that also)
health card
85 dollars
Change
piece of gum
3 condoms
lip liner
lipstick
eyeliner

Ok what have I won..!! I think that covers everything... oh a safety pin.

sammygirly: No way I was listing the contents of my wallet, it's large and we'd have been here a long time.

But here's a question on this topic for the guys...

My best friend, a man, WILL NOT go in my purse. Sometimes when we're out he'll need something "Can I use your chapstick?" and I just holler "It's in my purse!"

No matter where I am, he will carry the purse to me and stand and wait until I dig it out - he will NOT enter my purse. He says his mother beat that into him - a man DOES NOT EVER enter a woman's purse.

Anyone else notice this phenomena?

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Whoa, sammy! What a can of worms the purse becomes when a guy dares get into it.

My ex-wife is one of those who guards her purse like it's got Fort Knox in it. Don't even approach it.

Pecker

(I'm not a sexist. Broads hate sexists.)

wvalady1968: I think it comes from growing up around "Mom's purse".
Moms gotta guard their purses well from the younguns.
It just naturally transfers to all purses?
:)

GreenEyes: a purse could be an extension of self.... one never knows what a woman might hide in it.

I remember one time going through security at the airport they wanted to check the travel pouch thing after clearing the decteror... I didn't mind and said outloud, "ok money and condoms in there."  The security guard got a chuckle.

However I wouldn't be that blunt if family or work friends was about.

inquiringmind: Here is an inventory of the contents of my purse:

A bag of nougats
a change purse
a tube of lipstick ( turkana Clay)
a pack of juicy fruit gum
two miniature notebooks
5 ball point pens
a comb
a Tin of Ginger peach decaf teabags
a book mark
a wallet with the requisite cards and money
a pocket calendar
a talking pedometer
an inhaler of Albuterol
a miniature tooth brush and toothpaste
a bottle of Bath and Body works Awake body essence
a handful of splenda packets

Inquiring mind

inquiringmind: Here is an inventory of the contents of my purse:

a change purse
a tube of lipstick ( Turkana Clay)
a pack of juicy fruit gum
two miniature notebooks
5 ball point pens
a comb
a Tin of Ginger peach decaf teabags
a book mark
a wallet with the requisite cards and money
a pocket calendar
a talking pedometer
an inhaler of Albuterol
a miniature tooth brush and toothpaste
a bottle of Bath and Body works "Awake" body essence
a handful of Splenda packets
cell phone
palm pilot
tin of Altoids
A ring of keys
sunglasses
eyedrops

Inquiring mind

jdoe86

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
My ex-wife's purse was more of a backpack. When she'd ask me to get somthing out of it, I, for the life of me, could not find anything in it. She would just open it up and pull it right out. I can tell you that of the things that were in it, the strangest was a text book from about six years previous. When I asked her why she had it in there, she didn't know. But she has yet to remove it.

longtimelurker: [quote author=inquiringmind link=board=women;num=1064110425;start=0#13 date=09/21/03 at 17:04:24]
a handful of Splenda packets
[/quote]

Just out of interest, what does Splenda taste like? I have this general thing against artificial sweetners as they usually just taste plain nasty (esp. saccharin!). Nutrasweet isn't so bad, but still has a nasty 'artificial' aftertaste.

inquiringmind: Hi Longtime,

It is really great.I have totally abandoned Equal. It is made from actual sugar ,but the molecules have been rearranged. It has the depth of sugar and no funky aftertaste. It stays sweet in hot or cold food and drink. So no need for 50 packets like you do for equal when you are drinking coffee or tea. I am totally diggin' it. So ,if you are diabetic or just want to keep slim and trim go for Splenda.

Inquiring mind

longtimelurker: [quote author=inquiringmind link=board=women;num=1064110425;start=0#16 date=09/22/03 at 11:07:34]Hi Longtime,

It is really great.I have totally abandoned Equal. It is made from actual sugar ,but the molecules have been rearranged. It has the depth of sugar and no funky aftertaste. It stays sweet in hot or cold food and drink. So no need for 50 packets like you do for equal when you are drinking coffee or tea. I am totally diggin' it. So ,if you are diabetic or just want to keep slim and trim go for Splenda.

Inquiring mind[/quote]

Thanks for that,

I'm a chemist, anyway - so I looked at the info on how it's made on their website, I am a bit reassured that it is sugar-based, though. It's only just come out here, though - so I haven't had a chance to try any.

Don't really need to keep slim, as I'm bordering on underweight as it is(!), but they just don't seem to make drinks without sweetners anymore - which is a right pain in the ass if you don't like the taste of them!

Valkyrie: ~*grinning*~

Too many things... I need to clean it out.

/Valkyrie

bblumbee: Good question and I cannot believe I am actually taking the time to go through my purse to see... Good Lord... to much stuff!

Here goes...

Bath & Body Works lotion
Perfume
change purse
billfold for checks, cash, pictures
3 tubes of lipstick
4 bottles of nail polish
gum
mints
compact
8 pens (I work in education,administration, if that matters)
eye liner
makeup brush
credit cards/debit cards
phone
calendar
address book
PDF thingie (palm pilot)
tooth brush and paste
comb
hair clip
sewing kit (travel size)
knife (gift from my dad) :)
spare house key
spare car keys
advil
aleeve
eye drops (re-wets for contacts)

I am gettting rid of all these larger purses and going to purchase the small dainty ones... TO MUCH STUFF!!!