What's it like to be a jock?

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
If you calculate the amount of time that jocks spend in practice with the other males on their team, traveling to games with those other males, and playing with those other males (while sharing the field with an opposing team made up exclusively of males), you realize that all-in-all, male jocks live their lives in a heavily male-based environment.

I extrapolated from the above, suggesting that maybe jocks could understand why some men -- those referred to as "gay" -- may like to be a part of a heavily male-based environment, because, after all, jocks themselves spend much of their time in heavily male-based environments.

This is what I said. Read in to it anything you like.

D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

Experimental Member
Media
Oh, I'm sorry. I hadn't realized that you wore padded tights while playing on an all-female team wherein you piled on top of a mountain of women, slapping their asses, and then got naked with all of these women in the locker room after games. You're right, the football field and locker room is a vast sea of pussy. :rolleyes:

You should put some pads on and get your dick knocked loose before you speak.

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
If you calculate the amount of time that jocks spend in practice with the other males on their team, traveling to games with those other males, and playing with those other males (while sharing the field with an opposing team made up exclusively of males), you realize that all-in-all, male jocks live their lives in a heavily male-based environment.

I extrapolated from the above, suggesting that maybe jocks could understand why some men -- those referred to as "gay" -- may like to be a part of a heavily male-based environment, because, after all, jocks themselves spend much of their time in heavily male-based environments.

Interesting post, HenryMiller.

Jocks seem to be more concerned with impressing the boys, not the girls. What really counts is what other boys think of them.:confused:

Maybe you have to pass from an all-male gay phase to get to the all-female straight state:biggrin1:.

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media

Jocks seem to be more concerned with impressing the boys, not the girls. What really counts is what other boys think of them.:confused:

Maybe you have to pass from an all-male gay phase to get to the all-female straight state:biggrin1:.

I think straight male jocks are taught and conditioned to submerge themselves into one unified masculine consciousness, what is referred to as "the team." I think it's probably a very deep experience for them where at some level -- at least while working with the team on the field -- they get to a point where they feel as though they ARE each other.

I think this state of a fused male identity is so deep that they aren't even aware of it -- because they aren't supposed to be aware of it.

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

From my experience it's mostly a male-bonding thing & fun too. Even though the closeness looks homoerotic for most guys it's just a way of giving a positive reinforcement, like high fives all around. I also think it's like a male rite of passage.

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
Some would probably argue that homoeroticism doesn't preclude what you describe here. Homoeroticism is after all a form of bonding.

From my experience it's mostly a male-bonding thing & fun too. Even though the closeness looks homoerotic for most guys it's just a way of giving a positive reinforcement, like high fives all around. I also think it's like a male rite of passage.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The only jock culture I was aware of were the football players most other athletes just bended in with everyone else and typically hung out with the track of people they took classes with.

D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

Experimental Member
Media
Which is what jocks intend to do to jocks on the opposing team anyway. What's the diff? :confused:

I don't see anything homo-errotic about controlled violence. I will give you this- Yes there are more assholes that play football than other sports. There is strength in numbers an there are a lot of pussies who become tough guys when they have the team backing them up. That was one downside. You almost felt obligated to go along with the group. I never did. But there is always that select group. That's across the board though not just in sports.

Jocks see them selves as warriors. They're going to battle with their brothers not their boy toys. Let's face it you don't always leave the battle field (grid iron) in one piece (figuratively speaking) hence the pads.

Nothing worse than the day after a game you're lucky to be able to move. It takes a special person to go out and take the physical abuse day in and out. wrestling was brutal too. Believe me the last thing you are thinking when you're on the mat is "wow this guys got a nice ass"

I get a a kick out of some of the gay guys that are like "I wish he would pin me" No you wouldn't. Real wrestlers don't go out jut to win a match. You go out and do what ever it takes to make your opponent not want step out on the mat with you again. Just like in the wild you're really fighting for dominance.

D_Biff Wellington

Experimental Member
Media
It's mostly a lot of hard work. Has anyone forgotten the hard work bit? The five hours a day of practice (transportation, changing, showering, pre-work out, practice, post-work out, etc) plus then going home to do hw in order to get a decent GPA... dude I dunno about anyone else but it's just a lot of work in order to play sports and do well at school. Pussy is reserved for Friday and Saturday nights only - and that's if your team doesn't have a 48 hour rule.

Reactions: deleted12003411

skizmata

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I would love to go back a do highschool all over again. Looking back I could've pounded a lot more poon. I was a jock, but (as you can probably tell from many of my posts) I was and still am pretty emotionally unstable. I got labeled as a "dog" and that made it tough to score the really high quality sniflets. Oh, and I dated a crazy chick from 10th grade through sophomore year of college (she was fun to fuck though and oh boy did I!) that beat the shit out of a girl that liked me in my driveway. Once that got out all bets were off. I need to find a way to leave myself an astral message so that in my next life when I am in high school I can tag em' and bag em'.

Primal_Savage

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's mostly a lot of hard work. Has anyone forgotten the hard work bit? The five hours a day of practice (transportation, changing, showering, pre-work out, practice, post-work out, etc) plus then going home to do hw in order to get a decent GPA... dude I dunno about anyone else but it's just a lot of work in order to play sports and do well at school. Pussy is reserved for Friday and Saturday nights only - and that's if your team doesn't have a 48 hour rule.

Everything you said is soo true! Four years of H.S. and then four years of college. As opposed to football and other team sports, pehaps the nicest aspect was the gear: speedos, towels and 'sammies'. Tho in general, social life was basically hell. After I made my switch my freshman year of college, my sex life took off on an uphill spiral.

bigcock2012

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I loved being a jock through high school. I played basketball, football, and track. it was fun. especially when i was in the lockeroom we would always mess around with each other

Reactions: deleted12003411

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It's mostly a lot of hard work. Has anyone forgotten the hard work bit? The five hours a day of practice (transportation, changing, showering, pre-work out, practice, post-work out, etc) plus then going home to do hw in order to get a decent GPA... dude I dunno about anyone else but it's just a lot of work in order to play sports and do well at school.

I remember three-hour practices every day of the week during the soccer season. Coach had us run up and down the bleachers in a full-sized stadium, and when we were tired, had us run up and down a series of 45-degree inclines. We were always running--practicing drills, playing side-against-side, or just running, including repeated wind sprints--except three times: (1) after our first mile run, at the beginning of practice; (2) our mid-practice water break, which lasted about five minutes; and (3) after our second mile run, at the end of practice (we had to match or better our earlier time or run it again).

Probably the worst weren't the practices in November when we had to wear gloves to keep our hands from chapping and knit caps to keep our ears warm (and keep running to counteract the biting cold wind). The worst ones were the practices in August when it was still over 95 degrees at 9:00 p.m. We'd stand there steaming, little clouds of vapor around our heads, at the end of a long, difficult practice while Coach tore the slackers a new one.

I think straight male jocks are taught and conditioned to submerge themselves into one unified masculine consciousness, what is referred to as "the team." I think it's probably a very deep experience for them where at some level -- at least while working with the team on the field -- they get to a point where they feel as though they ARE each other.

I think this state of a fused male identity is so deep that they aren't even aware of it -- because they aren't supposed to be aware of it.

At those times--the end of practice, on those hot August nights, standing there, weary in every muscle, drunk with fatigue--the homoeroticism was largely lost on me. I saw Chris's curly black chest hair, damp with sweat--or Dave's sculpted, muscular ass, or Emmanuel's rich dark-chocolate skin stretched over razor-sharp abs--but I was too tired to get hard. Or even think about getting hard. They were just members of my team.

My visual memories provided lots of later jackoff material, but I was too far gone, energy-wise, to even think of sex in the moment. I'd bet most of us were in that fugue state.

I did indeed feel a sense of "fused male identity," but not quite to the point that I felt I was someone else. I just barely retained my individuality through having my own separate perspective. Yet we were aware of "the team," as an entity somehow transcending our individualities.

I'm stumbling along here, trying to describe what in previous posts resonates with my experience of being on soccer teams from the age of seven until I graduated from high school. Perhaps the sense of "team spirit" was just a delusion caused by the togetherness of our collective exhaustion--but I'd like to think the "fused male identity" was not fake, was not manufactured in any arbitrary sense merely by our circumstances. In those moments, at the end of soccer practice those hot August nights, as I looked around at other weary faces, a powerful feeling of shared community washed over me, cleansing me of any other characteristic than "member of the team."

NCbear (who realizes he just waxed awfully poetic just now :redface:)

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
I will refer you back to my previous comments about it not being necessary to be consciously aware of it. You don't have to be consciously aware of the homoerotic impulses for them to actually be there. You don't have to be thinking "he has a nice ass" for you to at some level be aware of his physicality. I've wrestled, and during those moments I couldn't take time to think whether the other guy was good looking or "sexy." Nor could I deny that I was getting in positions with him that mimmicked sexual positions. The position he was trying to get me in -- on my back -- was quite similar to the missionary position.

Many men are sexually turned-on by the view of themselves as aggressive. What you have basically said is that sports is about aggression. And many of the terms used in sports ("score", etc.) are also used to describe sexual conquests. It could be said that the goal of a sporting event is the render the opposing team "feminine," the female that the winning (male) team metaphorically penetrates.

Nothing worse than the day after a game you're lucky to be able to move. It takes a special person to go out and take the physical abuse day in and out. wrestling was brutal too. Believe me the last thing you are thinking when you're on the mat is "wow this guys got a nice ass"

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Pseudopsychiatric crap.

Playing football in HS was my ticket into a sea of willing pussy. Sure, I loved hanging out with the fellas...because we had a lot in common. All young, in good shape, loved the game, and loved being balls-deep in the warm, wet honeypot of a sixteen year old drill team girl.

Preach on brother thats what it was all about! Life isn't as good without it, but at least the memories still remain...

You could say the same thing about girls trying to impress other girls. They care less what boys think about them.

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
Wow. What you wrote is really awesome. THIS is what I'm getting at with this thread.

By the way, I didn't mean that people come to think they are another person. What I mean is that together they create a "group personality," a sense of no longer being a solitary personality. It may piss some people off for me to say this -- and I don't care if it does -- but I think that the experience of this "group personality" (not the sex with women that comes as a result of being on the team) is the main attraction for the jocks.

I did indeed feel a sense of "fused male identity," but not quite to the point that I felt I was someone else. I just barely retained my individuality through having my own separate perspective. Yet we were aware of "the team," as an entity somehow transcending our individualities.

I'm stumbling along here, trying to describe what in previous posts resonates with my experience of being on soccer teams from the age of seven until I graduated from high school. Perhaps the sense of "team spirit" was just a delusion caused by the togetherness of our collective exhaustion--but I'd like to think the "fused male identity" was not fake, was not manufactured in any arbitrary sense merely by our circumstances. In those moments, at the end of soccer practice those hot August nights, as I looked around at other weary faces, a powerful feeling of shared community washed over me, cleansing me of any other characteristic than "member of the team."

NCbear (who realizes he just waxed awfully poetic just now :redface:)