What's it like to be a jock?

art

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I wasn't a stereotypical jock, but I lettered in baseball and gymnastics in highschool. If we'd had an official soccer team, I'd have lettered in that as well. I also rowed crew, but that was just for fun.

I wasn't an ignorant oaf like jocks are so often portrayed, and neither were most of my friends. I had mostly A's (and no easy courses, either: I took calculus in 10th grade, and AP Physics and Chemistry in 11th grade), and got over 1500 on my SAT's when that meant something.

Being a jock is hours and hours of sweaty hard work during workouts and practice, plus more work studying after hours. I lived for the games (matches/Regattas), when I could get out on the field, the floor, or the river and could really let it rip.

I got laid pretty regularly from the time I was 15, had various serious girlfriends off and on, but my life didn't revolve around sex. Instead of being soft on me, teachers expected me to work and do well on tests on projects.

I never was hazed; never gave other guys shit. Being a jock for me was all about becoming the best me in all areas of my life.