What's on your bucket list?

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well the first thing on the list would be to get a new bucket. I've done so many wonderful things and seen so many marvelous places and met some amazing people. I'm working my way through doing some of the best things again with my other half. Anything that comes up along the way will be icing on the cake.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Give back more than I have taken.
Find the love of my life
Actually get to visit somewhere snowy and stay long enough to learn how to ski terribly and ice skate while not having to wear a helmet, knee pads, elbow pads... etc.
Touch a wild dolphin or a manatee
Ride a mechanical bull
Visit Alaska
Whale watch
Ride a snowmobile
Go rafting and live to talk about it
Go somewhere so far from civilization that the stars shine like candles in the sky
Make a baby and not screw up it's life or/ and adopt one and not screw up it's life, watch them grow up
Experience zero gravity
Be able to give more... more time, more money, more of myself.
Visit a planetarium
See wild horses
Face my fears
Make sure my Dad is taken care of for the rest of his life

Last edited by a moderator:

El_Burro

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Visit New Zealand, Russia, Cusco, Brasil, and most of Europe.
Get better at guitar, drums, and native american flute.
Open a restaurant.
Write a cookbook (working on this).
Have a better body (preferably mine).
Run through the woods under a full moon... as a werewolf.
Terraform Mars, maybe a few of Saturn's moons.

I think I'm forgetting something...

D_Kitten_Kaboodle

Account Disabled
Media
There are dreams to dream
and places to see
But in the end
I just wanna be me~

Fly to the moon
Dive beneath the sea
and amidst it all
I just wanna be me ~

One great love
is all I need
My bucket is empty
and I'm just gonna be me~

Cricket bat torture, hide the body.
I want to go on a water-boarding holiday with you and MB. :smile:

Other than that:
Drive a Land Rover Defender
Go kayaking
Have kids
Visit Geirangerfjord and go on the Hurtigruten
Go mountain-biking in the hills
Visit Machu Picchu
Be PM of the UK - and be fucking excellent at it

The others are on my 'Things To Do After I Die' list - cos I can't be arsed doing them all now.

Last edited by a moderator:

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Mundane things I want to add to my list:
learn to knit
learn to sew better

Big things:
I want to go on a big trip with my father and stepmother and go on another big trip with my mother. I know that they won't be around forever, so I want to create good memories with them while I can.

Climbing Mount Everest.

Wow, that would be amazing!

Well the first thing on the list would be to get a new bucket. I've done so many wonderful things and seen so many marvelous places and met some amazing people. I'm working my way through doing some of the best things again with my other half. Anything that comes up along the way will be icing on the cake.

Oh, please share some of the things that are worth showing your partner!

Fall madly in love -- with someone who is madly in love with me.
Dance in a Flash Mob
Go to Vegas

I've done the first and the last one, but not the one in the middle. That does sound like fun. I'm going to look up my local group now and see what mischief they're up to! :biggrin1:

The first one is so worth it, even if it doesn't last. I fervently believe that.

Great Wall of China.

Oh, that's a cool one. Hmmm, I am considering adding it to my list.

Give back more than I have taken.
Find the love of my life
Actually get to visit somewhere snowy and stay long enough to learn how to ski terribly and ice skate while not having to wear a helmet, knee pads, elbow pads... etc.
Touch a wild dolphin or a manatee
Ride a mechanical bull
Visit Alaska
Whale watch
Ride a snowmobile
Go rafting and live to talk about it
Go somewhere so far from civilization that the stars shine like candles in the sky
Make a baby and not screw up it's life or/ and adopt one and not screw up it's life, watch them grow up
Experience zero gravity
Be able to give more... more time, more money, more of myself.
Visit a planetarium
See wild horses
Face my fears
Make sure my Dad is taken care of for the rest of his life

A beautiful list, Laidey!

I want to add face my fears and visit Alaska.

I've done a few things on your list and they're so worth it. I recommend them. I've hiked into the wilderness 25 miles from the nearest roadhead and watched he Perseids meteor shower from the top of a mountain. I've seen wild horses. I've gone rafting with TheBoyfriend and his family. And I love to ski and ice skate!

Visit New Zealand, Russia, Cusco, Brasil, and most of Europe.
Get better at guitar, drums, and native american flute.
Open a restaurant.
Write a cookbook (working on this).
Have a better body (preferably mine).
Run through the woods under a full moon... as a werewolf.
Terraform Mars, maybe a few of Saturn's moons.

I think I'm forgetting something...

I want to write a cookbook, too, even if I publish it myself to share with my family members, to preserve some of our family traditions.

Go kayaking
Have kids
Visit Geirangerfjord and go on the Hurtigruten
Go mountain-biking in the hills
Visit Machu Picchu
Be PM of the UK - and be fucking excellent at it

The others are on my 'Things To Do After I Die' list - cos I can't be arsed doing them all now.

River or ocean kayaking? I have a fear of hitting my head on a rock with river kayaking, but I can roll a river kayak. I know how to swerve my hips just so. :cool:

I had to look up Hurtigruten and Geirangerfjord. It looks beautiful. I can see why you want to go there.

Machu Picchu is a great choice!

I've gone mountain biking with TheBoyfriend. He's very skilled. He can do frightening bike tricks that just about give me a heart attack, bouncing around on one wheel and jumping over logs, hurtling through the woods on top of mountains towards cliffs with a thousand foot drop while I watch in horror and cringe. Sometimes his idea of fun is a stress test for me. :redface:

He's dialed back a lot of risky behavior. He says that he's going to live a lot longer because of me. I sure hope so. :biggrin1:

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Absolutely. Having a bucket list is putting to much pressure on yourself.

That's what I want. I want to pressure myself to do those things while I still can, so I can look back someday and say, I did that.

But to each his own. If you don't like lists, then you don't like lists! :smile:

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There's just one thing left on the old bucket list as I've had a really blessed life, no regrets.
The last thing would be to own, live and sail around the world on a Catamaran while making a living chartering people wherever they want to go.

Attachments

River or ocean kayaking? I have a fear of hitting my head on a rock with river kayaking, but I can roll a river kayak. I know how to swerve my hips just so. :cool:

I had to look up Hurtigruten and Geirangerfjord. It looks beautiful. I can see why you want to go there.

Machu Picchu is a great choice!

I've gone mountain biking with TheBoyfriend. He's very skilled. He can do frightening bike tricks that just about give me a heart attack, bouncing around on one wheel and jumping over logs, hurtling through the woods on top of mountains towards cliffs with a thousand foot drop while I watch in horror and cringe. Sometimes his idea of fun is a stress test for me. :redface:

He's dialed back a lot of risky behavior. He says that he's going to live a lot longer because of me. I sure hope so. :biggrin1:
Ocean! Well...sea, anyway, haha. :p

Yeh, Geiranger is amazing, just to have a chilled (and chilly) few days of peace and quiet would be ace. You three will have to come along. ;)

The bf sounds cool - he's not a bmx kid from the 80s/90s, is he? :tongue:

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ocean! Well...sea, anyway, haha. :p

Yeh, Geiranger is amazing, just to have a chilled (and chilly) few days of peace and quiet would be ace. You three will have to come along. ;)

The bf sounds cool - he's not a bmx kid from the 80s/90s, is he? :tongue:

I'd love a few quiet day in Geiranger with you. That sounds like so much fun! TheBF is cool. I know that the two of you would hit it off. :biggrin1:

I can see why you'd choose sea kayaking. A long time ago I used to enjoy canoeing, especially because it's so quiet that you can glide along and it won't disturb animals that come to the river bank to drink. It was so peaceful and beautiful. I imagine that sea kayaking is similar, but with the added challenge of handling waves. Now that I know that one can glide up next to dolphins and whales, now I'm considering adding sea kayaking, too! :tongue:

I can't add everything, though. There is so much beauty in the world that one cannot see all of it...

Last edited: