Whats proper locker room etiquette for checking out guys or is it ok at all

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by BrownboyNY, Oct 10, 2009.

1. BrownboyNY

BrownboyNY Member

I just got a gym member ship today and I had to use the bathroom when I saw the sign on the door said locker room my heart started to beat faster. It wasnt what I expected but it was early in the morning so there wasn't many guys. However I did get an eyefull of one guy in his tightie whitees and another shirtless. For the future when the locker is packed what is proper loocker room etiquette for checking out guys with out getting my teeth kicked in but some homophobic musclehead.

This goes to mostly straight guys, I assume gay guys dont mid as much.

2. D_CountdeGrandePinja

D_CountdeGrandePinja Account Disabled

as it anything - prudence counts - enjoy the views you get - going to a mainly gay gym is also very wise.

3. D_Mansworthy Meatwrench III

Uhhhhh.....straight guys will automatically assume you busted out of Arkham Asylum.
    At a guess, the proper etiquette would be to find out who the gay dudes are, and then stick with eyeballing them.

I doubt they would be "homophobic", unless you don't mind them going to your mothers' house to stare at her undressing, through a window. After all, a true man would respect another dude no matter his sexual proclivity because that is what being a man is about.

Otherwise.....well, you take your chances.

One might do well to remember that you get what you pay for in life.
    And that there are other people in this world besides yourself.
    So when you do what you want, when you want to do it, I am afraid to say you have to pay the fucking piper when the bill comes due. Gay or Straight.

4. BrownboyNY

BrownboyNY Member

Whoa!
    Mostly gay gyms?
    I didnt think those existed
    I'll Check some out thanks

5. D_Eliassaph Daniell Goosegarden Jr

simple really... you'll have to become very good at the discreet glance. DON'T DROP SOMETHING TO LOOK! I catch a lot of guys looking at me or others. What would be a real learning experience for you is to watch other guys' eyes and faces in the mirrors or whatever. You'll catch them a lot! But it will also show you that others could be watching you watching others.

6. scottredleter

scottredleter New Member

Albums:
    YOu can usually tell who is going to have a problem with other guys looking... they are the ones who stay turned away while changing and put their underwear on while still wrapped in their towel. The ones who want to be seen walk around naked, or shave naked or pose naked in front of the mirror. You really couldn't miss them if you wanted to. But even then, unless you are at a mostly gay gym (and yes, they do exist... anywhere there's a big enough number of gay men), you need to be a little incognito. I mean, don't walk up to the guy and squat down in front of him to get a better look. Also, if you want the locker room to be a kind of free and open place, then don't be one of those guys who are uptight about being naked. Strut your stuff to the shower without being wrapped up tighter than a mummy.
    One more thing... most guys like being looked at (gay or straight) and like to look. They just don't want to be full out busted doing it.

7. D_Tim McGnaw

D_Tim McGnaw Account Disabled

What do you mean ? Is looking at other guys part of a transaction of some kind ? One in which you should expect to come off the worse ? If so why exactly is this a dictum ?

8. D_Rawkesbye Deadheade

"Look but don't stare" should be fine.

9. thkbeercan

thkbeercan Active Member

Albums:
    i agree

10. D_Tim McGnaw

D_Tim McGnaw Account Disabled

That's what I would have suggested too.

11. BrownboyNY

BrownboyNY Member

I agree as well but I have a tendency to think of the worst case sinereo. I'm only 18 so most guys my age are super homophobes But both of the guys that were in the locker room were in there mid 30s im hoping that makes a differnce.

12. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    Be a man among men and show good manners and you'll be fine.

13. Island Club Guy CT

Island Club Guy CT New Member

Albums:
    The Almighty has given your eyes to see so use it. If people don't want to be looked at they are the 'Towl Dancers' at the gym,the rest just get dressed and could not be bothered if you get a glimse of their package. Enjoy the views.

14. SirConcis

Gold Member

Albums:
    Just look around and mentally capture images as your eyes wander around without stopping at any individual. At night, you can masturbate to those mental images.

In the shower, you can just look at the floor without staring at any one guy, but still have guys in your field of vision.

You don't need to stare at a guy to get a good view of his equipment.

15. musclebare9

Gold Member

It depends on the gym, but most guys are there to workout not makeout. Long stares will get you into definite trouble although I have never seen anyone physically hit for it. A quick overall glance seems acceptable. Focusing on someones junk is not.

16. lakecreeker

lakecreeker Member

Albums:
    look don't stand and stare. Those that are freely walking around naked or towel tossed over the shoulder could care less if you look, or changing without being draped in a towel, generally don't mind you taking a quick look.

17. MercyfulFate

MercyfulFate New Member

Albums:
    As a straight guy if I caught a guy gawking I guess it would be awkward, but I'd probably be flattered too.

Flying below the radar might be the best, because certain guys might get really angry about it.

18. eastbaydude

eastbaydude New Member

Albums:
    Rule of thumb.... If I (or anyone for that matter) can tell that you're staring, that's a problem.

Treat another man's junk like you would the sun. A glimpse is OK, but if you stare at it, you'll be blinded.

19. B_Monster

B_Monster New Member

Its not okay at all

20. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

gay guys probably would'nt mind as much? Well i would.

If i went to the gym it would be to work out and not to put myself out there.

Look if you want, but don't stare. Respect other people and the MAIN reason they go to the gym in the first place, it's not to get a hook-up.

Draft saved Draft deleted