What's so scary about meeting IRL ????

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by cougarblue, Jan 27, 2009.

1. cougarblue

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    So I was supposed to meet someone from LPSG today, In Real Life.
    No expectations, no strings attached, just meet. Hang out. See if we get along.

But he changed his mind. :frown1:

My MIND says don't worry about it, it's his problem. But the EGO,.....ah yes, the EVIL EGO says, "what's wrong with you?" A guy won't even MEET you ????

How do we kill the Ego and go back to the Mind?

Because really, why WOULDN'T anyone want to meet an ultra cool hip cougar woman anyway?? :smile:

Ah, such is life. The yin and the yang. Enough "downs" . Where's my "up"?

2. morano

morano Member

Albums:
    i know id love to meet ur tits...i mean you...

3. jeko489

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Well, these days you can never know who your going to meet online, that's why most don't meet in person...some people are crazy

#3 jeko489, Jan 27, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  4. cougarblue

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Oh right.....I never said I wasn't CRAZY :smile:

Just your "average, everyday, sane psycho supergoddess"

(Liz Phair quote)

5. MickeyLee

Gold Member

liz phair quotes?
    boobies?
    mental instability?
    where you been all my life?

ml

6. cougarblue

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Stop it! I already think you ROCK, woman. Sometimes I wish I were a lesbian. :tongue:

7. goodwood

Gold Member

Albums:
    awww cougar. sorry. if i was in town i would happily meet you - and comfort you in your time of distress. : )

8. MarkLondon

Gold Member

Albums:
    MickeyLee DOES rock. Sometimes I too wish I was a lesbian!

But Cougar, he let you know he changed his mind? Count yourself lucky, girl. I got stood up by an internet date. Next day he was back online telling me how he'd been hospitalised with chest pains. But he was ok now, it was diagnosed as a virus, meet tomorrow? Ahem, I said, perhaps when you're over the virus. The next week he stood me up again! Just tired after work this time, make another date? Um, NO. I blocked him on that site. He changed his ID and tried to make another date!

I used to give 'em two chances. Now it's only one.

It really is his loss, not yours.

9. Enid

Gold Member

Albums:
    My home is wherever reality seems elastic and the
    I'm sorry CB, totally his loss as others have said.
    On another note, there are some normal people here who don't do that sorta thing (flake out). I've met one, he was nice and we maintain a friendship to this day.

10. Incocknito

Gold Member

Cougar,

I would say that the guy was probably lying about his size? Lots of people do that. Otherwise maybe he is just shy and thought you were too hot for him.

Personally, I don't have a problem meeting people online, offline. But I don't do it anymore and haven't for a year or so.

You say "no expectations, no strings" so I assume you haven't seen his cock (or lack thereof) because that is the most likely reason for someone to not meet you from what is a very cock oriented site.

11. Guy-jin

Gold Member

Albums:
    Maybe he was nervous about meeting you and that's why he canceled. I doubt it was anything personal other than the jitters.

12. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

Hey, you know if I wasn't stuck in NJ with no vay-cay time and/or money, I'd be in the sunshine state to visit you & your tits in a flash!:wink:

13. cougarblue

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Awww.... <blush> you say the sweetest things!

Hey, the Sunshine State is supposed to be getting some rain in the next 24 hours :frown1: Just in time to scare away all the SuperBowl fans, hee hee....

14. B_cigarbabe

B_cigarbabe New Member

There isn't a damn thing scary about meeting in real life.
    Can you be anxious or even nervous? Sure you can but using excuses or making up lies why you weren't there is just friggin' weak!
    If you lied about your size then shame on you for lying!
    Your dick isn't the most important thing you own!
    Mark you are right not to give them a second chance!
    I'm reminded of how and why people make excuses about coming to an lpsg "meet n greet" if you blah,blah,blah for me!
    If you didn't want to meet this lovely woman don't make the date! Geez!
    Get real people.
    C.B.:saevil:

15. Silvertip

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    All the preceding advice is good and I second it. No question but what it's his loss. But your quandary is a very valid one, you can't help but feel rejected over a guy not even being willing to meet in such a casual way just to see how things click.

Personally, I prefer not to meet anyone face to face unless we've had a lengthy enough e-correspondence to establish a mutual feeling of trust and respect. It also helps a lot to have exchanged plenty of candid, honest pictures so as not to have any unrealistic expectations. But, even with all of the above taken care of, some people will simply back out at the last minute. When that happens count yourself lucky that he at least told you, rather than just turning into a no show.

Were I lucky enough to arrange such a meeting with a woman of your obvious intelligence and .... um .... err .... shall I say .... physical assets I'd be there a half hour early just to be sure.

ST

16. D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead

D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead Account Disabled

This simple statement sums it up. It IS scary for a lot of people to meet IRL ... especially those who've been living in an online world where they've made up stuff about themselves and are enjoying their little fantasy existence.

When you go meet someone in the flesh, you have to go be who you really, really are. A lot of people are just uncomfortable with that. :frown1: I feel bad for them.

17. _avg_

Gold Member

Albums:
    I met someone from LPSG in "real life," but I almost didn't. Nervous as hell. 'Was she going to be a woman (for real)?' 'Was she going to be cool?' 'If things got sour, was she gonna smear my name or expose me (I'd get fired instantly if my job ever knew I was here)?' You know: all the normal fears you have when taking an online acquaintance offline.

In the end I just went. There were no problems and I totally enjoyed myself! So did it make me more open to meeting others IRL? Hmmm, well no. I've still got all the same worries. Actually to date that's the one and only time it happened.

Bottom line, I guess, is that people get cold feet. It's irrational, so "the Mind" cannot accept or comprehend it; "the Ego" can but take solice in knowing that there are others who are ready and willing to stroke it. >:)

18. nicenycdick

Gold Member

Albums:
    I've met someone in real life from LPSG. It was worth whatever second thoughts I might have had. I do think, though, that if you make a committment to someone, (even one as seemingly small as agreeing to meet) you should stick by it. That is how life should be lived. Do what you say you will do. It is telling, I think, that he cancelled. It indicates that this is all much more about him than anything else. And overbearing self-concern is never an attractive trait.

It is too bad that I do not fit into the cougar's den (since I am probably older than you!)

19. BiItalianBro

Gold Member

On the flip side, sometimes people build expectations and a persona around digital images and text 'conversations' that are hard, if not impossible, for the other person to live up to. No one is into rejection...and I am sure there is a fear that they may not live up to the other persons expectations.... even if they were truthful and forthright about themselves.

20. javyn

javyn New Member

Albums:
    Based one the tone of the ridiculous rants in this section, I was assuming only evil stupid wimpy men had egos? Aren't women above that sort of thing, being the more advanced sex and all?

Draft saved Draft deleted