Whats the best lube for anal sex?

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The missus is only familiar with Astroglide (other than godawful KY jelly), which I know is recommended often for anal intercourse. I was wondering if there's a better lube we could be using, as it dries out way too quickly.

ericbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper@Mar 16 2005, 10:54 AM
Wet Platinum™ is also highly recommended.
[post=291387]Quoted post[/post]​

Indeed it is! It was recently reformulated as "Wet Platinum Premium." This has a thinner consistency than before, but excellent lubrication, and less tendency to become dry and sticky. The other night, I had a guy I was fucking ask "What kind of lube is that? It's great!" The only problem is that with the thinner consistency, it is more likely to make a messy spill if the bottle gets tipped over unnoticed.

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
IF you can find it, Elbow Grease makes a great condom compatible lube. Stays slick, more cream/gel like than liquid, cleans up easily and reminds me of "the good old days."

Some of you older creatures will know what I mean when I fondly mention Crisco.

I want to hear NO moans, groans or ugly statements about my pre-historic status.

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by ericbear@Mar 16 2005, 03:15 PM
Indeed it is! It was recently reformulated as "Wet Platinum Premium." This has a thinner consistency than before, but excellent lubrication, and less tendency to become dry and sticky. The other night, I had a guy I was fucking ask "What kind of lube is that? It's great!" The only problem is that with the thinner consistency, it is more likely to make a messy spill if the bottle gets tipped over unnoticed.
[post=291454]Quoted post[/post]​
We tried it and really enjoyed it, but I still had to reapply a couple of times. I must say that it doesn't wash off easily.

jdoe86

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Wet Platinum Premium Body Glide is one of the best for anal. It's a silicone-based lube that stays slick for a long time. It's safe to use with condoms, but don't use it with silicone sex toys. I think it's the same as Wet Platinum, just repackaged.

TallHungLB

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There's a great newer lube called "Gun Oil." It never gets sticky and has a nice light feel. Not goopy or anything like that. I know they sell it at the neighborhood sex shop here in Southern CA, so I'd guess they'd have it whereever you buy your "paraphanellia." LOL

funcub

1st Like
Media
Originally posted by TallHungLB@Apr 30 2005, 12:09 AM
There's a great newer lube called "Gun Oil." It never gets sticky and has a nice light feel. Not goopy or anything like that. I know they sell it at the neighborhood sex shop here in Southern CA, so I'd guess they'd have it whereever you buy your "paraphanellia." LOL
[post=306334]Quoted post[/post]​

Thank Goodness for the Crypt & Lubbery, TallHungLB

Solis25

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I use Eros Pjür, you don't find it everywhere but if you look and ask or go to a larger store, they will usually have it, as far as I know. It is silicon-based so it never dries up and spreads very easily, allowing you to save on the stuff A LOT. It's my personyl fave.
You can also use it for a number of things, such as massage oil (again, no need ot reaply, once it's on, it's on, until you take a shower) and it doesn't clog pores. Virtually no smell and no taste. I don't know how this stuff can get any better. Expect to pay 10-12$ for a 100ml bottle. I'm relatively active sexually and that bottle lasts me a couple months.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My partner and I use Wet brand lube. We don't seem to have a problem with it drying out during anal sex, but for hand jobs it must be reapplied frequently. The silicone-based lubes are great because they do not dry out, but are not nearly as "slick" feeling to me. There is another whose "intended" purpose is as a veterinary gynecological lubricant, (when the farmer has to reach up inside a cow to inseminate or check her) called "J-Lube." It is kinda messy, and you have to plan ahead, as it is sold as a powder you mix with water. But there is nothing slicker, and it does not dry too quickly. You larger fellows doing anal may appreciate it - among those people I know who use it, they usually keep it on hand for fisting. Get some and play with it, it's great. Put the rubber sheets on the bed and wrestle in it! Dr Z, just buy a few, and experiment, see what you like best.

Landshark77

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by DC_DEEP@May 2 2005, 08:57 PM
My partner and I use Wet brand lube. We don't seem to have a problem with it drying out during anal sex, but for hand jobs it must be reapplied frequently. The silicone-based lubes are great because they do not dry out, but are not nearly as "slick" feeling to me. There is another whose "intended" purpose is as a veterinary gynecological lubricant, (when the farmer has to reach up inside a cow to inseminate or check her) called "J-Lube." It is kinda messy, and you have to plan ahead, as it is sold as a powder you mix with water. But there is nothing slicker, and it does not dry too quickly. You larger fellows doing anal may appreciate it - among those people I know who use it, they usually keep it on hand for fisting. Get some and play with it, it's great. Put the rubber sheets on the bed and wrestle in it! Dr Z, just buy a few, and experiment, see what you like best.
[post=307318]Quoted post[/post]​

Wet is the shit (Translation - Very good. Nice. Fantastic)

warmsunshine

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Interesting replies here... So inaddition to obtaining and using the silicone-based stuff...what is the best method for getting it off after you're through (since soap and water is of limited effectiveness).

By the way, I haven't had the opportunity to try any of the others but the Eros stuff. I recommend it, definitely. After going with it, I'd never go back to any of the icky K-Y products...they dry out too soon and I HATE the smell.